Final

To Reach You
Please log in to read the full chapter

To Reach You

written by: bluefloral

***

Key watched as he whispered something on Jonghyun’s ear before the latter doing the same to Taemin; probably replying to whatever the maknae said. He tried to hide the frown that was about to form on his face and smiled instead, though it looks more like a grimace.

 

These past few months, Taemin and Jonghyun have been closer than ever. They always have the same schedule and it bothered Key to great extent. The smiles, the hugs, the eye contact…; it was all too much. Occasionally waving at the fans, he cast a casual glance at the main vocalist and maknae’s direction, seeing those two laughing at something Key can’t hear. Of course, he can’t hear it; the two was on the other side of the stage. But… why does Key have a feeling that those smiles and closeness has a different meaning?

 

He shrugged it off and just continue with the show like something’s not wrong with him, like he’s not hurting inside, like he’s not affected with those back hugs. Because it doesn’t have any deeper meaning, right? Jonghyun just like Taemin’s friendly company, right? Right, he thought to himself. Those two are just friends, he mentally told himself though his heart says otherwise: How long are you going to believe that what they have is just plain friendship?

 

He bit his lip at that painful thought, his eyes starting to get moist from the unshed tears so he turned his back from the crowd, gasping when Onew’s face came into view. The leader sensed something was not right so he tried to message Key mentally, Are you alright?

 

He smiled bitterly while wiping the corner of his eyes in a fast motion, Onew still waiting for his reply. And Key knew his answer too well…

 

Honestly?

 

No.

 

***

“Man, thank God we’re free~!” Minho huffed as he slid into their van, sitting beside Key who is near the window, the raven-haired lad leaning his head against the tinted glasses, ignoring the painful fast beating of his heart when he heard Taemin and Jonghyun laughing at something God-knows what before entering the van, the two sitting at the back seat.

 

Key closed his eyes, the tears starting to build up and Onew, being someone who always knew what to do, gestured for Minho to exchanged seat with him. With a raised brow, Minho obliged so Onew can sit between him and Key. The leader gently moved Key’s head so he was leaning on the leader’s shoulder, the raven releasing a shaky breath before shutting his eyes close, leaning at Onew even more; trying to block out the unwanted laughs from the back seat.

 

Curse this life! he thought to himself. Of all the people to be in love with, why does it have to be Jonghyun?! He’s tired in this unrequited love!

 

When they arrived at their apartment complex, he waited till Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin got out, his head still buried at Onew’s shoulder, not noticing the glance Jonghyun cast at their direction.

 

A couple of minutes passed before, “Are they gone?” he timidly asked, lifting his head from the leader’s shoulder.

 

"Hmmm.." Onew hummed as a reply before squeezing his hands reassuringly, silently telling Key that its alright.

 

"I want to go home.." he sighed while leaning back against the glassed window, Onew sighing while ruffling his hair, "okay."

 

Onew got out of the van and instructed the company driver to take Key to his own apartment.

 

Once Onew reached the dorm, Jonghyun immediately straightened in his seat in the couch and rushed to the leader.

 

"Uhmm.. hyung.." he started while rubbing the back of his head but stopped when a raven diva didn't come along with Onew, "where's Key?" he asked, his heart hammering in panic. How could he ask the diva about his decisions when he's not even here?

 

"He went home.." The leader shrugged, raising a brow when Taemin peeked from the hallway before retreating back when Onew saw him.

 

Jonghyun pouted. There's something he need help with Key. Then again, he can always go to him tomorrow.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter