Numbers

There's a Number For Each Breath You Take

One, two, three, four, Yoongi doesn't bother counting the rest. There's so many people with their eyes fixed on him, tracing his every move and savoring each word that tumbles past his lips, it would be pretty much impossible to remember all the faces in the crowd . There's sweat rolling down his temple, he can taste its saltiness on his lips. There's a burn in his left thigh and in that moment, it doesn't occur to him that - hey, these screaming people know more about yourself than you do  - so he keeps his eyes trained on the audience and hopes their flashing lights don't cause him to go blind within the next twenty years.

Five, six, seven, eight o'clock passes by, and now he's seated on the kitchen counter slurping at his ramen. He's got his phone in his hand, absent-mindedly replying to patronizing texts from his mom (he loves her though- he really does). There's a buzz and a 'KaTalk!' and a name on his screen that makes his heart hammer and stomach drop to the floor. He doesn't feel so hungry anymore.

Nine, ten, eleven months since the day you said 'Yoongi, let's just... stop.'

And one-hundred, two-hundred, three-hundred and thirty eight days had slipped past Min Yoongi's world since the day you crushed him in two.

 

a/n: that's it!! I meant it when I said short lmao. Please leave feedback and tell me if you liked it! ^^ I could actually continue this tbh, go more into what you texted him etc so maybe I'll do that in future ^^ ty for reading!!!!!