A baby is born...?

Little Baby Rain

"Kevin, what is that?"

"Oh, him? He's our baby!"

"Our ... baby?"

Kibum woke up suddenly.  Despite the cold wind blowing outside because of the rain, beads of sweat were on his forehead.

He just had a dream of Kevin, beaming up at him and flashing that beautiful curse of his, his smile.  Not only that.

Kevin was holding a baby.

Yes, a baby.  Kibum didn't understand why the thought bothered him - maybe an instinct or something.  In his dream, Kevin said it was their baby.  Kevin was still male in his dream ... he wouldn't prefer it any other way.  And, last time he checked, Kevin could not get pregnant.

He lay down again on the bed he and Kevin shared, shaking away the weird feeling that his dream brought him.  It's been years since they last sang together.  6? 7? 8 years? They were now living peacefully - Kevin, after U-KISS disbanded, continued to become a balladeer.  Kibum went the other way and chose to be a composer.  They were both very prominent in their fields and collaboration between them was sure to bring hit songs.

Kevin was a heartthrob and he also had his own fair share of fans.  Kevin loved him. He loved Kevin.  Kibum's life was pretty much that.

While Kibum was contemplating about his life and dream, Kevin's head poked through a half-open door and his voice interrupted Kibum's thoughts.  "Oh, Daddy! You're finally awake!"

Oh yeah, don't forget to add the fact that he's a daddy now and Kevin's a momm-

"What?!" Kibum asked, sitting up straight.  "Daddy?"

Kevin skipped happily towards the bed and sat right next to Kibum.  He snuggled up to the man's warm bare chest.  "Baby, did you just call me Daddy?" Kibum whispered huskily.  "Yup," Kevin hummed.

Kibum tried processing what Kevin said.  "Daddy, huh?" he asked.  "Baby ... is this one of those role playing things that make your life more exciting?  If it is, I've heard of much more original and exciting role plays that we could try," he added, a hand dangerously close to Kevin's inner thigh.

Kevin's eyes widened, then he burst out laughing.  "No, silly you," playfully punching Kibum's shoulder.  He rubbed the tears that escaped from his eyes because he was laughing hard.  Kevin stood up and pulled Kibum to his feet.  "Put your shirt on and follow me.  I want you to meet someone."

Kibum held his lover's outstretched hand and allowed himself to be dragged out of the bed.  He grabbed his shirt that was on a nearby chair.  So that's where he threw it last night while he and Kevin were making love.  He put it on and walked out of the room, not bothering to wear pants over his boxer briefs. Kevin has seen him in all his ness, why bother to cover his briefs?

Kevin led him to the spare room in their house.  Kibum sees that it has been cleaned and the sheets were new.  Kevin let go of Kibum's hand and cautiously climbed on the bed and sat next to a tiny thing covered in layers and layers of rolled up cloth.  Kibum stayed by the door and looked at the white bundle.  Kevin playfully cooed at the rolled cloth, arranging and smoothening out creases here and there.

Then the white thing moved.

Kibum blinked and rubbed his eyes.  He could not believe it.  He peered closely and saw two mittened hands pop out of the bundle.  The thing had hands!  He backed away a bit.

Was he dreaming again?

Kevin loosened the bundle.  A pair of small arms was revealed, attached to a small body with a small bonneted head and short pajama-clad legs with a pair of tiny socked feet.

A baby.

There's a baby in their house.

Kibum was dumbfounded, so he pinched his arm hard to check if he was dreaming.  "Ow!" he yelped in pain, rubbing the part he pinched.  That was stupid of him.  He woke up a few minutes ago.

"Ssshh!" Kevin reprimanded softly.  "You'll wake him up."

"Kevin ..." Kibum said, unsure of how to phrase his words.  He sat beside his beloved and peeked at the bundle he was holding.  "What... who..." He's confused.  "When did I get you pregnant and when did you give birth?" It was a stupid question, Kibum knows.  "Last time I checked, you were a guy ... and I should have nine months to prepare before a baby comes out."

Kevin giggled and pounced on Kibum's chest lightly.  "You need to check again," he joked.  Kibum smirked and lean closer to whisper.  "I just checked last night, honey ... you want me check again now?"

Kevin's eyes widened and he covered Kibum's mouth, as if the baby could hear and understand what his 'Daddy' said.  They both laughed and Kibum removed Kevin's hand on his face.  He pecked the other guy's lips lightly and smiled.

Kevin took Kibum's arms and wrapped one across his waist, guiding the other past him and into the baby's soft body.  "The garbage collector gave him to me this morning," he told Kibum as he let their hands intertwine, both around his waist and on top of the baby's body.  "He said he found him beside our garbage can."

"Our...garbage can?" Kibum asked incredulously.  Kevin nodded, caressing the arm that was in his body.  Kibum leaned into Kevin's neck.  "How did he end up there?"

"Don't ask me," Kevin answered, tilting his neck a bit to let Kibum nuzzle him more.  "It's not like I gave birth to him so I won't know why he's there.  His parents probably left him there."

Kibum rested his head on Kevin's shoulder.  He looked at his hand that was covering almost half of the baby's body.  He pat the small thighs lightly, making the baby move in its sleep.

"He..." Kibum could not find the right words to express his thoughts.  The baby looked so peaceful. So...innocent.  "He looks so ..."

"Beautiful," Kevin finished for him.  Kibum nodded.  He sat straight up and leaned Kevin's head into his shoulder.  "He's perfect, just like you."

"I don't understand why his parents would leave him," Kevin breathed.  "When he was handed over to me, he was wet and he had fever.  I thought he was going to die.  He was so cold from the rain, he wasn't even moving." Kevin felt tears forming in his eyes.

"Then? What did you do?" Kibum already knew the answer but he still asked Kevin.  He loves hearing his voice, so soothing to the ears.  Besides, Kevin's personality was like that.  When he's telling a story, ask questions even if the answers were obvious.  Kevin liked that.

"I dried him," Kevin said.  "That's when I felt that he was still breathing.  I figured that maybe I could save him."

"Oh," Kibum looked at the baby, continuing to caress Kevin and soothe the boy's back.  He wrapped both his arms tighter around Kevin, enveloping the thin guy into a warm hug.  "So you're our little hero?" Kevin smiled as he relaxed into the hug.

"I felt relieved that he's still breathing," Kevin told him.  "Now I know how it feels when your kid's sick and helpless."

Kibum placed small kisses in Kevin's neck.  He tilted the guys neck and bit at the right places lightly.  "What do you plan on doing now?" he murmured against Kevin's skin.  He inhaled Kevin's scent and felt intoxicated.

"I was thinking," Kevin said, feeling a bit ticklish.  "Maybe...we can adopt him?"

Kibum stopped and stared at Kevin, trying to see if he was serious.  Kevin smiled at him, knowing Kibum's weakness was his eye-smile.

"I'm serious Kibummie," he said, tightening Kibum's arms around him.  "He'll be our little angel."

"Even if it means less rest time?" Kibum inquired.  Kevin nodded.  "Even if it means less after-dinner 'desserts' for both of us?" Kevin nodded again.

Kibum paused.  "Okay," he finally said.  Kevin brightened up at Kibum's answer.  "Really?" he asked, wrapping his arms around Kibum's neck.

"If you're okay with it and you seem to like him much more than me, then yes," Kibum answered.  "But what's his name?"

Kevin was silent.  He didn't think of that.  He smiled as he thought of a perfect name.

Rain. Bi.

Kibum nodded.  He liked the name.  Kevin smiled as he tested the name against his lips.

"Cheon Bi.  A Thousand Rains."

 

---

a/n: I don't know if I should stop there or continue. I haven't written anything after this so ... leave it there? *confused*