2nd Chapter

Amaranthine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been three days since the Gu Family went back from their medical mission in Daegu.  Three days since the girl who is wide awake on her bed with her hands on and twinkling eyes, met the guy who gave her a tingling sensation she had never felt before. Maybe there was something in his face that I couldn't take my eyes off. I was pretty sure nothing is wrong with it. After all, he was such an attractive young man so it's no wonder that I’d be amused of him. Realization hit her when she came back to her senses. What are you saying, Bitna? He's just a stranger you’ve met so you can't possibly have feelings for him quickly. What am I even thinking?! All he wanted is to make friends with me. Just friends. And besides, who knows, maybe he already has a lover or something. She continued arguing with herself and tried to rationalize her thoughts.

 

Bitna had been so bothered ever since that encounter she had with Taeil. Her heart is beating rapidly everytime she remembers what happened a few days ago. That day when they both shared their full names and later on, Taeil asked if they could meet again soon; maybe go to some cafe or a walk to the park (which Bitna mindlessly agreed to and waved goodbye because she remembered that she's indeed running an errand).  Thinking of it now, she thought that maybe she agreed way too quickly but there is a part of her that says she made the right choice. He was a mere stranger; one that she barely knew except for his name but it didn't stop her to give her name back and even accepted his offer of meeting him again.

 

Her mind is a real mess but the smile creeping on her face says a lot more.

 

 

 

It was another sunny day in the streets of Seoul but not the humid kind just like what one experiences during the summer season. It's spring! The season of happiness and the feeling of longevity run on every people's veins every time this season comes.

 

 Bitna placed both of her hands on the table entwining them while rubbing her thumbs together. She kept looking outside the glass window to see if he’s there already. Yes, she was indeed waiting for the guy she met a week ago and for so many reasons, nervousness is starting to eat her whole system. Bitna mentally slapped herself for arriving earlier than him. Gentlemen shows up first during a “date” before ladies and because of sleeping for nearly six hours, she got up a little too early than the usual; mindlessly fixed herself and got dressed up. It was a good thing that she's stereotypically a girl because it took her quite some time to find the perfect dress and shoes. She hurriedly left her room and went downstairs. She spotted her brother in their living room playing with their dad’s old stethoscope. Bitna frowned seeing that their hired housekeeper isn’t there to tend to her brother. She made her way to him and gently took away the medical instrument from his tiny hands.

 

“Where's Yeri, Bumjae? C’mon you already need to take a bath and you should've eaten your breakfast already.” Bitna smiled at her brother who scratched his eyes sleepily while holding her hand and walking to the kitchen. They met their young housekeeper halfway and Bitna couldn't help but to lecture her about leaving Bumjae unattended.

 

Once she finished talking to Yeri and handing her her little brother, she bid her goodbye. She didn't bother asking where her parents were because she’s already aware of their whereabouts. They always work even during Saturdays so only her, Bumjae and their nanny were the ones left in the house.

 

Thinking back, she could've just taken her time spending an hour with her brother before meeting up with Taeil. The cafe was only five blocks away from their house, for crying out loud! That day when she turned her back from Taeil, he shouted his preferred meeting place with her even when other people are already staring at him and giving him weird looks.

 

“I’ll see you this Saturday at the same cafe there in Saemunan-gil. Bye Bitna!”

 

She blushed while remembering how he called her name. She didn't know that her name could sound that beautiful when he’s the one saying it. Her name was quite rare so she usually get lots of attention whenever someone calls her especially during class introduction that is why she partly hated it. She was treated special just because her name means “shining”. Her surname added fuel to the fire for that doesn't hide the fact that her family background is very well known in their town (the granddaughter of the late Professor Gu who made a lot of contributions in her university). Still, it wouldn't be bad if there’s one person who could make my name feel special in a different way though. She smiled timidly then suddenly, she felt someone's presence already in front of her.

 

“You know, you're really pretty when you smile. You should smile more often.” Taeil beamed at her widely. “Have you waited for a long time? I’m really sorry, Bitna. I fixed a few things before heading here.”

 

She stared at him like a deer caught in the head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter