Prologue

Amaranthine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hate spring. 

Yes, indeed a lot of people consider this as the season of life and happiness. The season where flowers bloom and plants grow thoroughly. A time of the year where it's never that hot nor that cold. Just the right temperature to stroll around, inhaling the fresh breeze and the cool air while going to different places. 

But for me, it's just a nuisance that makes me want to stay in bed all day long. It's normal for me to feel this way. After all, I'm now a grandmother already taken care off by my own daughter and her family. When you grow old, you will understand the true art of laziness and complete dominance towards the people around you. I find that completely overwhelming in so many ways.

At some point, some people tend to like spring so much and my granddaughter is a living example of that. She's got the spring fever, you see. Getting all giddy and excited at the start of spring in March until the end of it in May, she just won't stop being like that. It made me remember of nostalgic memories. One that i can never erase.

As i heard my door creak open, I already knew who it was. She walked quietly inside my room, carrying my breakfast tray and carefully placed it on the bedside table. It's a good thing that I got a pair of slit eyes so she wasn't able to identify that they're half open, observing every move she does. How she put the maple syrup on my pancake evenly and topping it with a small slice of butter. How she poured milk in my glass and sliding her hand inside her jeans pocket, held my morning medicines and placing it beside the utensils.

"Halmeoni, wake up! It's the first day of spring. Come on and eat your breakfast already or mom might get lazy and won't drive you to your old house!", she said. 

Such a loud kid she is. But don't get me wrong. I love her so much more than anything in this world. Bom is my very first grand child and maybe, just maybe, she'll be the only grand child that i'll be able to see before i die. 

"Good morning then", I got up and pretended to look groggy while positioning myself to eat. "It's not good for your mom to drive, you know. I can't accept her offer to drive now that she's three months pregnant. I can take care of myself. After all, I'm still strong!", I winked at her.

A wide grin plastered on her face. I know what that meant. She wasn't convinced of what I've assured her so she's thinking of driving me to that house herself. 

"Song Bom, it wasn't even a week past since you got your driver's license and take note, you still need guidance from a professional while driving so you better stop what you're planning or else..." This kid sure had a lot of guts sending me to death early.

"That's why you're right beside me in the shotgun seat, halmeoni! Like you said earlier, I still need a guidance from someone professional and you're exactly that person. Don't deny the fact where you told me that you once drove that tractor in your old farm in Gangwon just to have fun and even stole great g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter