Words Spoken Through the Mist

GOT7 AU Drabbles

It's not as deep as the title makes it seem. Based off a post I saw on Tumblr forever ago that I lost cause I'm good at that. I didn't edit this as college has started back again and I have zero time. Please enjoy.


Yugyeom doesn’t even jump when the door swings open, continuing to wash the shampoo out of his hair as it bangs against the wall before being slammed closed again. He doesn’t even open his eyes when the person who came in groans loudly and slumps against the wall, their head hitting the wall with a slight thump.

“What’s wrong, Bambam?” He asks, raising his voice so that it’s loud enough to be heard over the water drumming against the floor of the shower. Bambam groans again, and Yugyeom can hear him moving, probably leaning forward to look in the mirror, eyes flitting across his face in search of a non-existent flaw.

“Jackson-hyung and Mark-hyung went out tonight,” Bambam starts, voice tight. “I didn’t even know. They didn’t even tell me. I had to ask Jaebum-hyung as he was leaving with Jinyoung-hyung.” Bambam huffs and Yugyeom can imagine that he’s running his hand through his hair in frustration. “It’s not just that they went out without me. I mean, if they were going on some bro date or something, I wouldn’t care. But they went out with a bunch of our English-speaking friends! Like, I speak English, I’m a part of that group. Did no one think to invite me? Did they just ‘forget’ about me? Really? I mean, I'm pretty hard to forget so I really doubt that's the deal here.”

Yugyeom finishes with his hair and opens his eyes, reluctantly moving his back away from the spray so he can wash his body. Bambam pauses momentarily before taking a deep breath and continuing.

“Seriously, aren’t the foreigners supposed to stick together? But noo, let’s just forget Bambam. They probably think I’m still too young. But I’m an adult! We both are! I’m so sick of being left out because we’re the maknaes. Even Youngjae is gone. He went to go eat with some of his friends who came into town today. I feel like they completely forgot about us. God, and I already had a bad day, I could have used a drink. It would have been nice to hang out with people and forget about how much time I had to spend in the practice room, but I guess nobody cares enough about me to think about that.” Bambam slams his hand onto the counter and Yugyeom can envision his pout forming, even without seeing it. He’s already rinsing off, ready to get out, so he clears his throat, stopping Bambam from continuing.

“Hey, Bambam? Would you grab my towel from the rack and hand it to me?” He hears Bambam move and finishes chasing the last of the soap off his legs before turning off the warm spray. “Thanks,” he says as Bambam opens the door enough to hand him to towel. “You can continue now.” He catches a glimpse of Bambam rolling his eyes through the still-open part of the door and he smiles to himself, shaking his head slightly.

“Back to my rant, before you so rudely interrupted me. I’m just so pissed that they left me here. I’m pissed they left both of us here, but since it was Mark and Jackson hyungs… It makes it just so much worse for me. What’s so wrong with me that they didn’t want to invite me? Am I boring? Do they still think I’m too young? Hell, I can outdrink all of them. Maybe that’s why they didn’t invite me, they didn’t want to be one-upped by their younger!” Bambam crosses his arms and huffs as Yugyeom opens the shower door all the way, towel hanging around his waist. “You just think this is funny, don’t you. Do you not care that they leave us here all by ourselves and go out and have fun without us?” Bambam throws Yugyeom a glare, but there’s no malice and the younger can see the old insecurity from back when they were too young to go anywhere and had to just sit in their dorm alone creeping back into his eyes.

“I don’t think it’s funny, Kunpimook,” Bambam raises his eyebrows at the use of his real name, which the members usually didn’t bother to use because Bambam had been his nickname for so long. “I just think this situation is funny,” He waves his hand around the room as he speaks, “You coming in here while I’m showering just to vent to me. This would seem weird if anyone saw it.” Bambam looks at him incredulously.

“It’s not like we haven’t seen each other before. We’ve had in this exact shower.” Yugyeom can feel his skin flush at Bambam’s blunt words, looking away momentarily and using the moment to grab a towel and rub at his dripping hair while Bambam hops onto the counter, raising his eyebrows. “Are you trying to change the subject on me? Because I’m still mad. I’m not that easily distracted.” Yugyeom steels himself and turns back around, ignoring the droplet of water that runs down his temple.

“No, I was just stating a fact. I actually think I have an answer to why everyone left us alone in the dorm tonight.” He takes a step closer to the counter and Bambam lets him come, still looking at him skeptically, although the insecurity is beginning to fade. “Let’s face it, you were grumpy this morning because you had to do extra practice and record some of your lines later than the rest of us.” Bambam frowns, as if offended by the memory.

“Why would that make everyone want to leave me here while they went out with friends? It just made it worse!” Yugyeom places his hands on either sides of Bambam’s hips, looking the older in the eyes and smiling slightly as he speaks.

“Maybe it has something to do with what’s happened every other time something like this has happened? Do you remember?” He doesn’t wait for Bambam to respond, even as Bambam’s face melts into a more sheepish expression. “First, you always demand tons of pda. Second, everyone has to deal with you whining if I take more than three steps away from you. And third, you like to have to deal with stress. Maybe everyone’s just tired of hearing us have . I mean, Jaebum and Jinyoung hyungs are pretty loud as well, but nobody can determine when they’re going to have . Not like they could tell we’d have if you’d had a long day.” Bambam is completely red now, and Yugyeom grins without restraint, watching the way Bambam’s eyes flit between his face and his hands.

“Oh my god… Am I that predictable? I didn’t even realize…” Yugyeom laughs, and Bambam hits his shoulder, whining and scrunching his face into a pout. “It’s not funny, you big oaf! I didn’t know everyone knew we…” he trails off, covering his face with his hands and groaning loudly. Yugyeom laughs again and wraps his arms around Bambam’s torso, lifting him off the counter. Bambam lets out a squeak and quickly pulls his hands away from his eyes, clinging to the younger’s shoulders instead.

“Oh, come on, look on the bright side, baby. This means we can be as loud as we want, and nobody can bang on the wall or complain about it in the morning! It’s Jaebum-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung’s anniversary, so they’re going to stay in a nice hotel where none of the fans will see them tonight, and Mark and Jackson are going to spend the night at one of their friend’s houses. Youngjae won’t be back until tomorrow evening. We have all the time we need.” Bambam furrows his eyebrows and looks down at Yugyeom, studying his face as Yugyeom steadies him on one arm and opens the door with his unoccupied hand.

“Did you plan all this out, Yugyeom?” Yugyeom wiggles his eyebrows and maneuvers them out the door and towards their room, smiling widely.

“Maybe… Are you going to complain?” Bambam hits his shoulder again, but the only thing in his eyes now is affection, and Yugyeom knows he’s won. Just seeing Bambam’s face lit up in the silence of the dorm was worth the amount of money he’d had to spend bribing everyone into leaving. Well, maybe… the hotel room had been a bit of a stretch. But seeing as he’d made both Bambam and Jinyoung happy with