One

Conflicton

Jongin ran further into the dark abiss, not knowing exactly what he was chasing, but the sheer force he felt was enough to drag him further into the black nothingness. His heart was beating out of control as his breath grew ragged, pushing himself into a full sprint. Something was wafting in the air around him, increasing the need to find whatever it was he was looking for. Vanilla and strawberry? Those were both Jongin's absolute favorite smells, and his mind groaned in frustrartion as the desire to catch the owner of that scent. Jongin's mouth was watering, senses going haywire as he felt he was getting closer and closer, yet seemingly miles away. Jongin was about to stop when his foot was caught on something, and he practically flew forward into the nearly withered yellow blades.

Grass? I thought everything was black...

Grimacing when he felt some grass stuck on his mouth, and blood trickle down his right knee, he pushed himself back up. His face contorted into a look of confusion as he was met with the sight of a run down, small house. Jongin thought this house was almost the equivelent to an old storage shack, slowly aproaching the door that lay unhinged with cracks in the mahogany wood, small blood stains adorning the indents. Hesitently, Jongin stepped into  the door leading to a dark hallway, freezing when he heard the crunch of glass shards under his sneakers. Looking around, Jongin saw the light switch, eyes widening when he finally saw the state the house was in. 

There were random holes throughout the white walls lining the hallway, picture frames scewed across the floor. Some of the pictures had obviously been thrown, considering the class that ended up at the end of the hallway. As he walked forward, he saw furniture in the small living room moved in odd angles, or completely flipped over. Suddenly, the smell from before came back, only this time it had another smell. It was so unmistakable, pungent and bitter: blood.

Jongin continued his walk through the house when a sound echoed from one of the back rooms. Soft sobs, snifels, and hiccups began increasing into a frenzy of violent cries. Jongin ran to the back of the house, stopping just before the door when he stepped in a warm, thich liquid. Jongin's stomach churned when he realized he was now bare foot in someone's blood, almost feeling bile rize in his chest. He shakily pressed the door open, peeking a head into the room. Instantly he saw a small body in the corner of the destroyed bedroom, shaking as his sobbs spewed out one after another. "H-hello?" he called out as he quickened his pace, arriving at the others side within seconds. The boy turned and Jongin felt his heart break. The boy had cuts and welts on the majority of his face, excluding his right eye. Glass shards were sticking out of the battered skin of his left cheek, tears barely running down the wounds from the almost swollen shut eye. Jongin scanned the boys body and saw lashes across the boys arms, thighs, and chest, most likely from a belt or some sort of whip. The boy had scrapes along his skin, crimson slowly rolling down. The boy let out a shreek when Jongin attempted to adjust his position. Blood red eyes met Jongin's eyes as a bloody hand rested on Jongin's shoulder.

"You couldn't of fixed this if you tried, Jongin. It's too late," the boy grimaced, before he went limp in Jongin's lap.

"Jongin!" a voice called to him. Jongin shot up, cold sweat running down the sides of his face as he tried to catch his breath. He looked at the person who woke him before bursting into tears in the others hold.

"Shh, it's okay Jongin-ah," his brother Joonmyeon cooed into his shoulder, panick clearly etched across his face.

"H-hyung, i-it was so h-horrible," Jongin sobbed softly, not knowing why the dream was affecting him so much. Jongin hated what had happened in his dream, never wanting to see something like that in his life. Joonmyeon rocked them back and forth until Jongin's sobs turned into hiccups. 

"Do you want to talk about it, Nini?" he questioned, Jongin's damp blonde locks. Jongin stiffened, sitting up ever so slowly as he looked into Joonmyeon's eyes. He racapped everything that had happened in the dream, shuddering at the thought of the broken owl eyed figure. Joonmyeon attentively nodded, face etched with an unreadable expression. "Jongin, it's just a dream, okay? Your under a lot of stress with dance, and school coming around the corner, and you need to relax. Everything is fine, and it wasn't real," Joonmyeon smiled, clasping Jongin's left shoulder.

"I know, but hyung, it felt so real," Jongin softly replied, "it's like...I didn;t know who the boy was, but at the same time, I feel like I needed to protect him." Jongin couldn't describe how he was feeling. His brain was convinced it was an intense dream, but somewhere inside of him, he felt it was too real, too sick, to be just a dream. He let out a dejected side before laying back down. Joonmyeon stayed until Jongin had drifted off to sleep before retreating back to his own mind with a plethora of different thoughts. 

The next morning, Jongin woke up to the annoying blare of his phone, indicating that he was recieving a call. He reached tiredly for his phone, squinting as the light momentarily blinded him, groaning at the caller i.d. "Sehun?"

"Morning loser," Sehun snickered. The two of them had grown up together since thier parents were best friends all the way from middle school. Naturally, the grew up around each other, joined by the hip. "You excited for school?"

"Ugh, I don't want to think about it right now," he mumbled, still half asleep.

"I'm excited! I can see Luhan again! This year I might grow a pair and ask him out," Sehun gushed into the phone, and Jongin could tell that he was smiling. Sehun had developed a major crush on Luhan when he heard Luhan sing in the practice room after school freshman year, and he was totally whipped. Luhan was a Chinese boy, a year older than Sehun and himself. Jongin smirked at the thought of confident Oh Sehun turning to jelly when Luhan so much as stepped into the room. "Oh, Luhan said that an old friend of his is moving to the school this year. He said that he was very quiet, and a cold person when you first meet him, but Luhan said that he was a year younger than us."

Jongin frowned. There was rarely anyone new in their small town, so it was weird to think someone actually moved there. "Wow," is all he managed to say. He heard Sehun chuckle into the speaker, before the call was suddenly ended. Sehun sent a text, stating that Luhan had asked to call, and Jongin shook his head smiling at his friend before drifting back into slumber.

 

 


Hey guys! First chapter is up~

I don't really know what to say that hasn't been said before...so...remember to say "I love you" to your loved ones

Idk

Alright I'm gonna shut up....

Thanks, bye!