Your Waltz

Your Waltz

“I’m so bored~” Bam Bam whines to no one particular at the dorm. The six men who was living with him paid him no attention as they continued to do their own thing in the living room. Scooting closer to Jackson who was sitting on his left side of the couch he peaked over to look at what his hyung was doing.

 

“Hyung who are you talking to?” Bam Bam asks curiously as Jackson scoots away from Bam Bam trying to cover up his phone.

 

“You don’t need to know.” He said as he continues to send a message to this mysterious person.

 

“Aye~ Come on man.” Bam Bam said in english as Mark sitting on the right side of the couch spoke up while playing a game on his phone.

 

“He’s probably talking to his mother.”

 

“Or could it be Young Ji?” Jaebum throws out mischievously giving a smirk before bursting out laughing.

 

“Aye hyung don’t joke about stuff like that!” Bam Bam blurts out to Jaebum who continues to laugh.

 

“What do you guys know about love?” Junior asks to the six men in the living room. He pets Coco’s head who was snuggling up in his arm.

 

“I know I love Coco.” Young Jae who was sitting beside Junior on the floor said scooping up his bundle of joy into his arms. Making cooing noises to Coco who his nose back made Yugyeom cringe from watching that scene.

 

“I love L.A.” Mark piped in without taking his eyes off his phone screen.

 

“JB hyung had love interests in dramas.” Yugyeom commented earning a death stare from Jaebum before Junior sighs in defeat.

 

“What I mean is being in love.” He said using his hands to emphasize his gestures. “Or loving someone besides your parents.”

 

“Does loving our Ahgases count?” Bam Bam asks as Junior nods his head.

 

“Yes, but I mean experiencing the feeling of being in love or falling in love yourself.” He explains as everyone actually thought in silence. No one answered meaning they actually didn’t until Yugyeom piped up.

 

“Well it’s more like a crush for me…” he trails off as all six men head snaps his way.

 

“Really?” Jackson asks surprise that their maknae has experience love. He fidget with his cap and his lips before speaking. “Our maknae here?” He asks again pointing at Yugyeom as his ears slowly started to turn red.

 

“Looks like our maknae here has experience something we haven’t yet.” Jaebum teasingly said smiling from ear to ear as his eyes gave off a huge eye smile.

 

“I’m surprise.” Junior also comments with a surprise expression on his face.

 

“He’s not the only one.” Mark said getting up from the couch to take the other empty spot beside Junior on the floor. Wrapping his arms over Junior’s shoulder he looked at him before giving a cheeky smile.

 

“What are you talking about?" Junior asks jokingly as Jackson pouted on the couch.

 

In english Jackson exaggerated his hurt feelings earning a laugh from everybody, “I thought it was Markson for life?"

 

“But seriously Yugyeom when was this?” Jaebum asks after the laughter died down.

 

Yugyeom smiled to himself as the rush of memories came flooding back as if it was just yesterday.

 

----------------------------

 

“You’re here early.” Sunmi said brightly as she pushed open the door to the practice room. Yugyeom was sitting on the floor with his back against the mirrors listening to his music. Taking off his earphones he watched as his noona set aside her bag on the floor.

 

“Ah morning Sunmi noona.” Yugyeom greeted getting up from sitting on the floor.

 

“Eh you’re making me look bad by making you wait.” Sunmi said jokingly brightening up their practice room that was filled with silence before. “Alright should we get started?” She asks walking towards the computer to begin playing the music.

 

Five hours of dancing later the both of them took a break sitting on the floor taking big gulps of water from their water bottle. Normally they would be practicing with the rest of the JYP family in a bigger practice room for their upcoming concert, but everyone was busy with their individual schedules today. So it was decided they would practice on their own time.

 

“Yah you’re still not nailing that part.” Sunmi said taking another big gulp of water. The good thing was Yugyeom felt at ease talking with his noona and it looks like she felt at ease talking to him as well. But the thing was their 24 Hours dance special was something that made him uneasy and shy. Dancing with his noona ily was no problem. The problem was he had to hug her at the end of the dance. He just couldn’t gather up his courage and push aside his bashfulness to wrap his arms around his noona for just five seconds.

 

“Sorry Sunmi noona.” Yugyeom apologizes as his ears began to burn, he already knew that his ears were turning a shade of vibrant red.


“No need to apologize it’s something really simple to fix. You just need to wrap your arms around me instead of making a barrier of a circle.” She said laughing. “You’re just shy huh?” She asks with a questioning look making Yugyeom look down on the floor blushing.

 

“How about this we should call it a day with practice and go hang out with each other. I bet that would help. We can hang out as friends and get comfortable with one another.” Sunmi suggests getting up from the floor.

 

“I don’t know.” Yugyeom hesitated watching his noona grab her bag.

 

“Oh come on we deserve a little break.” She said smiling emphasizing ‘a little’ with her fingers. “Calm on!” Making a ‘let’s go’ gesture she opened the door leaving Yugyeom to grab his cap off the floor and pursuit after her.

 

“Noona where are we going?” Yugyeom asks putting on his cap that hid his yellow blond hair. Walking down the streets Sunmi just hums to herself. Looking at Yugyeom she gave a  smile as she placed a finger between her lips.

 

“That’s a secret.”

 

Fifteen minutes later of walking, taking a cab, and some more walking they ended up at the downtown of Seoul walking along the famous  Cheonggyecheon stream that runs through there. Surprisingly enough not much people were there today. As if the world knew they needed some alone time without any distractions.

 

Walking beside one another they stared off into the stream in silence. The summer heat began to died down as the sun began to set making the water sparkle in soft orange and red colors.

 

----------------------------

 

Yugyeom's P.O.V.

 

"It helps to relax yourself doesn't it? Walking along the river and all?" Sunmi noona asks as she hooks her arm around mine naturally.

 

"Uh yeah noona." I replied with a short answer feeling my heart beginning to pound furiously.

 

"You need to stop being so shy around me." She replies laughing light heartedly. She brushes her fingers through her black long wavy hair and gave me a serious look before breaking up in laughter once again. "Ah I'm sorry it's just so funny watching you squirm!"

 

Brushing her hair back once more the scent of her perfume touches my nose. It was a sweet scent of spring flowers that made me smile. I continued to look at her as the sunset hits her face illuminating the beautiful features of her face. I always thought she was beautiful. I mean I didn't confess she was beautiful for nothing during on her Sunmi self-camera recording during her Full Moon promotion.

 

It felt nice just walking beside her just talking like regular friends. The clear white clouds and gentle breeze that passes through our clothes just adds more positive points to the beautiful scenery.

 

"Why are you smiling so wide all of a sudden?" Sunmi noona asks me with a curious face.

 

"It's just nice to get 'a little' break from practice like you said." I emphasized the word a little. "We would have missed this beautiful scenery if we hadn't gone out noona." She laughs melodically before covering with her other free hand.

 

Looking at her with a bright face before smiling I couldn't help liking the idea how today was just the two of us.

 

Just the two of us. Even that has a nice ring to it.

 

We continued to walk down the stream with our hands hooked around one another still. Without knowing I start to hum a sweet tune.

 

It's just us two.

 

Although our day didn't quite help me get over my bashfulness to wrap my arms around her it did give me something special to remember.

 

Until that day Sunmi noona was my first real crush.

 

----------------------------

 

"Are you going to tell us?" Bam Bam asks snapping Yugyeom out of his thoughts. Looking around the living room all six men eyes were trained on him. Giving a sweet smile he shook his head.

 

"No that's a secret and for myself only."

 

"Really you're going to be like that." Jackson said as he got up from the couch pointing at Yugyeom before speaking he his lips, "You watch it Kim Yugyeom." making everyone burst out in laughter.

 

No one had to know Yugyeom's crush. Besides that moment was just suppose to be between the two them only.