Dorothy

Long Distance Duet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Kyuhyun tapped away at his keyboard, his teeth pulling over his lips in frustration. The word was right on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn’t quite catch it. His back slumped against his chair, and he exhaled. He’d been writing for about 3 hours straight; he probably just needed a break.

“I can’t stop here!” He shrieked aloud, slamming his palm against the desk. “Come on, Kyuhyun!” However, for the life of him, he was not able to find the perfect synonym to ‘’. His word count told him he had used that very word over twenty times already in the span of three pages, and it was getting way too repetitive.  

Just as he was about to chew his lip off from his constant gnawing, a single long vibration alerted him that someone had messaged him on KakaoTalk. Instantly, he reached for his phone, knowing who it would be. There was only one person he talked to on there.

His lips pulled up into a smile as he saw the message, grateful for the distraction.

 

4:57

sungmin:

Kyu! Did you check out the new songs from sj's magic yet~

4:57

kyuhyun:

hell yes! teuk’s rap in you got it is so amazing

4:58

sungmin:

OMG YESSS AND DOROTHY IS SO GOOD

DONGHAE SINGING THE CHORUS

The song sent me into tears a minute into the masterpiece :')
My heart is doing something so painful

4:59

kyuhyun:

I KNOW

SHJBSDKJSDOI

how does he pack so much emotion into his voice?beautiful

5:00

sungmin:

The lyrics are so sad! Time to write a fic!

5:00

kyuhyun:

seriously?

5:00

sungmin:

Of courseeee

Ok brb I'm going to plot it out

5:01

kyuhyun:

alright, later :)

 

Kyuhyun leaned back again, a small smile making its way onto his lips as he admired the elder's profile picture. Sungmin showed off milky white skin, along with shiny black hair framing his round face. Beautiful.

    Kyuhyun often wondered as he was chatting with the other male what he would smell of, or if his skin was really as smooth as it looked. What would his voice sound like? Deep and rich? High pitched and just simply adorable?

    Kyuhyun had met Sungmin over the fanfiction website he was constantly active on. It hadn’t been long that he started posting his work on there, and then Sungmin had contacted him, telling him that he adored the younger's writing.

    Kyuhyun had been ecstatic. The vitaMIN, renowned author of his favourite series of slash fiction. It was euphoria.

So they started messaging each other through the fanfiction site, talking about their favourite pairing and where they were from, among other things. The site didn’t have the best messaging system, so they started talking through KakaoTalk.

It didn’t take long for them to message every day, getting to know each other. Sungmin shared similar interests to his own, and Kyuhyun often found himself think that they had some serious chemistry. Sungmin was funny, had an adorable personality, and didn’t take things too seriously. His writing was amazing, and aside from that, he was talented in music and martial arts. Kind of the full package, Kyuhyun smiled to himself.

Most importantly, Kyuhyun found someone he could truly be himself with. They would spend hours on the same topic, just drooling over or Donghae about their favourite foods. He was able to open up and tell a complete stranger his life story, and it felt damn good to just talk, and let everything out. He didn't need anyone else to sympathize - not when he had Sungmin. He loved that he was able to chat with him anytime, the other male always responding quickly.

The song changed on his music player, pulling him from his thoughts and back towards his latest piece of work. He scooted his chair forward, resting his wrists on the edge of the laptop.

Ignoring the fact that he had used the word “” one too many times, he typed it anyway.

“Donghae choked on Hyukjae's thick …” Kyuhyun read over his sentences, growling each time he passed over a rough spot. Inspiration refused to flow, and he was left staring at the half-completed chapter.

“Damn it!” he groaned and exhaling heavily. His shoulders slumped and turned to swivel his chair away from the screen, pouting like a child.

Food. Food would take his mind away from the put-together mess he was calling a chapter. He slid off his chair and stretched, his arms reaching above his head. He winced as his bones cracked and snapped from his inactivity for the past few hours.

Waddling towards the kitchen, his mind managed to wander again. It was always the same, settling on Sungmin. The enticing male whom he had only seen pictures of. They hadn't phoned each other nor used any sort of video chats, simply constantly messaging each other every day. Yet, he felt so snared, too deep to back out.

Kyuhyun, remembering the conversation they had just yesterday, got the sudden craving for potatoes. Sungmin had sent him a picture of his lunch which consisted mainly of potato salad; something he claimed to be very fond of. Though he didn’t have any potato salad on hand and was too lazy to go out and get some (even lazier to make it from scratch), he did have potatoes in his pantry, resting and waiting to be eaten by him.

He slithered his way into the spacious pantry and looked around for the bag of potatoes, finally finding it in the corner, practically abandoned. He took a few and washed them, before slicing them up into thin circles. He preheated the oven, then took out a baking sheet, laying down each potato slice carefully on it. After brushing some oil on them and sprinkling them with salt, he popped the sheet in the oven.

The buzzing of his phone alerted Kyuhyun of a new message from him. That God of . He slammed the door of the oven shut and rushed back to his living room, scooping up his phone as he plopped back down onto his chair.


 

5:23

sungmin:

Kyu! I did it! Plotted my fic :D

5:23

kyuhyun:

can i have a spoiler? XD

5:24

sungmin:

You're going to have to wait~ ;) but it will make you feel so hard you'll feel like you were shot with a feel gun

5:24

kyuhyun:

i hate you so much

5:24

sungmin:

Love you too~ baby~

 

Kyuhyun tried to ignore how the last message made his stomach flutter. It wasn’t like Sungmin meant it or anything, it was a joke. After all, they hadn’t known each other for long and Sungmin was playful like that. An uneasy feeling washed over him and he shook his head as if to shake away his thoughts, thumbs tapping away a reply to the other. He wrote something, then deleted it, then repeated the same process before scrunching up his nose in thought.

As if to save him, Dorothy started playing from the laptop’s speakers, the soothing piano in the beginning filling his living room; he was so grateful that his parents weren’t home.

5:26

kyuhyun:

omg dorothy is playing rn it came on after magic

5:26

sungmin:

DOROTHY

I've been listening to it on repeat for the past five hours

So addicted

Hae's voice

5:26

kyuhyun:

it makes me want to bang my head against the wall bc EMOTIONS

5:27

sungmin:

OMG WE ARE LISTENING TO THE SAME SONG

EVEN THO WE DO NOT SEE EACH OTHER

CONNECTED WITH DOROTHY

5:29

kyuhyun:

WITH THE SONG PLAYING IT SEEMS SO MAGICAL

THIS IS A MAGICAL MOMENT

5:30

sungmin:

CRYING OMG ARE YOU STILL LISTENING TO IT

5:30

kyuhyun:

YES IT JUST ENDED BUT I REPLAYED

5:30

sungmin:

IM AT VERSE 2 WITH SUNGIE SINGING AFTER WOOK

AH IT WILL BE HARD TO COORDINATE

5:30

kyuhyun:

IM AT HAE'S PART IN THE BEGINNING

5:31

sungmin:

*MOVING MINE BACK*

TELL ME WHEN THE FIRST CHORUS STARTS

5:31

kyuhyun:

OK

...

NOW

5:31

sungmin:

WHOO NOW WE ARE ARE BOTH LISTENING TO HAE'S VOICE

SING DOROTHY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter