chapter4

Heartbeat

 

Minho walked into the mall a little bit early than he should, Taemin won't finish his shift till the next hour and he wanted some time to go around the shops without him.

It's seems that the holiday season made everyone go crazy, everybody went to buy presents to their beloved, so does he.

They were together for 5 months now, since that night at Taemin's birthday and he wanted to buy him something nice for Christmas, he wanted to ask him to join him at his parents' house as well so they could celebrate the holiday together.

He knew exactly what he wanted to buy him so he just passed by the stores straight into the jewelry store.

"Anyonghaseo" the young cashier welcomed him as he walked in, she helped him to choose the perfect 'couple ring' for Taemin, small, sliver with gentle decorate on it, she brought him two of a kind with different sizes.

After he got out of the store he went to the deli cream and waited patiently for his young lover, when Taemin finished his shift they went out of the mall.

"I was thinking" Minho said as they walked down the street, the younger looked at him and hummed as he waited for him to continue "Christmas is coming soon"

Taemin nodded and turned his gaze back on the road, the last Christmas he had was without his sister and his grandpa was too sick to celebrate it.

"…I want to celebrate it with you" Minho continued "my parents are having dinner and I want you to join me, they would love to meet you"

"I don’t know, Minho…" Taemin said insecure.

"Why not?"

"I'm…I…" he looked for the right words.

"Are you afraid of meeting my parents?" he asked amused.

Taemin nodded, sheepish smile on his face "just a little"

At that moment the older wanted to crush him in his hug "please don’t, they're very nice, besides my brother is finally coming back from Australia with his wife for a visit and it’s going to be really fun, you'll love them"  

Taemin heard about Minho's brother once when they talked through the night about their families but he never met him before, from what he heard they were good friends and his opinion about almost everything was important to him.  

Minseok studied in Australia for 3 years and fell in love with a beautiful woman named Lisa, they got married after 6 months and he stayed there since then, once in a while they came for a visit in Korea.

"- I don’t want you to be alone on Christmas evening and I don’t want to be without you either" Minho said when the boy silent for too long.

Taemin looked once again at the man who made his heart fluttered just by simple words "ok" he said quietly.  

The older smiled and hugged him tightly "you have no idea how happy I am right now" he mumbled and kissed his cheek loudly.

The boy chuckled and angled his head to tap a kiss on his lips, he was happy too, so much since Minho came into his life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taemin wasn’t ready and still looked for something to wear when Minho came to pick him up to his parents' house, he opened the door with a towel around his waist and a frustrated look on his face.

"You're not ready yet?" Minho asked surprised as he walked into the house and shut the door behind him.

The boy gave him a desperate look making him chuckle, he got closer to him and wrapped his arms around his waist with a warm hug, his lips fumbled for his with a gentle kiss "merry Christmas" he mumbled against his lips "calm down, go get dressed so we could go"

Taemin nodded and pressed his forehead against the older before he got free from his hug and went upstairs to his room.

Minho waited patiently till his lover came back moments later wearing a dark jeans and gray cardigan "is it ok?" he asked unsure as he turned around so he could see all of him.

"Beautiful" Minho grinned at him.

Taemin smiled back "let me put my shoes on and we could go. Can you take the flowers from the kitchen?"

"Flowers?"

"I bought flowers to your Umma, I didn’t want to come empty handed"

Soft chuckle rumbled through Minho's throat as he walked to the kitchen to pick up the flowers, when he came back his young lover was already putting his coat on and was ready to go.

It was a short ride, Minho parked his car in front of a suburban house full with Christmas decorations "my Umma likes to make everything sparkle in Christmas"

Minho said with apologetic smile when he saw the younger staring outside the window with amusement.

"It's beautiful" he said as he got out of the car, he waited for Minho to get by his side and held his hand "am I looking fine?"

"Great…"

"The flowers are ok? Maybe I should have bought the bigger bouquet"

"It's more than enough, you're truly a gentleman, now please stop being so nervous…"

Taemin gave an apologetic look "I'm-"

His word cut off when the door opened and a nice lady with an honest smile came out "Minho-ya!"

"Umma…"

She came closer to them and hugged them both, Taemin froze with embarrassment till she let go of them and crooked up a smile, he gave her the flowers as he mumbled "anyonghaseo Mrs. Choi"

"Taemin-ah!" she called sweetly like they already known each other and took the flowers from his hand "oh, you're so sweet, Minho told me a lot about you, it's about time we'll meet"

The boy glanced at the older "he did?"

"Nae, you're pretty as he said, exactly his type"

Taemin flushed.

"Umma…" Minho said melodically "don’t embarrass him. Let's go inside"

"Were you really talking about me?" Taemin whispered as they walked into the house, he held his arm and snuggled closer to him.

Minho hummed and leaned to kiss his forehead "all the time"

Inside Taemin met Mr. Choi and the famous brother, he shook their hands and answered their questions politely.

"You must be Taemin" a beautiful woman walked into the living room straight into the arms of Minseok "I'm Lisa, nice to meet you…"

Taemin shook her hand and smiled, guess his lover did talked about him all the time.

 

 

After a great dinner everybody gathered in the living room for coffee and sweets, Minho watched as Taemin talked with his sister in law and smiled proudly, the boy already found his place in his family.

"He's pretty…a little naïve though" Minseok showed by his side with a cup of coffee.

"Hmm"

"Is he a new hobby?"

"What? No! It’s serious"

Minseok laughed "how serious?"

"Hyung!" Minho said with a warning tone and punched his shoulder.

"Ya! Hot coffee…be careful" Minseok freaked and took a step away from him.

Smirking Minho glanced at his lover "I love him- that serious"

Minseok looked at his brother, never before he talked about love, he was a playboy when it came to relations with men "that special?"

"Yes" Minho answered simply as he left his brother so he could sit by his lover's side.

 

 

"So, how did you two met?" Lisa asked him.

Taemin smiled, she spoke Korean perfectly even though she was an Australian, her accent was noticed but he understood her well, he glanced at Minho who was busy talking to his brother before he turned his gaze back at her "he received my number and just called me"

"Oh, that's so sweet. Usually Minho doesn't let anybody match him up…I tried once and he wanted to kill me"

"Oh no, nobody matched us"

Lisa looked at him confused "so…?"

"The 'national transplant center' gave him my number" he said and looked as her face changed into a bigger confusion "Minho received my sister's heart"

Her eyes widened and her lips made a little 'o' shape but before she could say anything both of their attention drawn by Minseok who raised his voice at his brother.

"Ya! Hot coffee…be careful"

Taemin looked at his lover who made his way to sit by his side and smiled, Minho arched his arm around his shoulder possessively and kissed his temple when Lisa smacked his thigh.

"How could you not tell me that!"

"What?" Minho frowned as he his aching thigh.

"How did you two met! You should have told me that!"

Mrs. Choi who heard the conversation stopped talking with her husband and listened to the much more interesting topic "oh, yes, how did you two met?"

Taemin flushed and Minho could feel how he sunk into the couch "Ya, nosy!" he called and watched as his brother took the best spot on the couch to hear the story, he tried to avoid the curious stares and conversation but it was Taemin who opened his mouth to speak.

"About a year and a half ago my sister died and my grandpa who raised us approved organs donation" he said quietly and glanced at the older "Minho received Taeyeon's heart, for a while he tried to contact us but my grandpa refused any connection with the implanted, he couldn’t handle it. When he passed away I contacted the 'national transplant center' and asked to connect with him, he called me about a week later and asked to meet"

"How could you not tell us that!" Mrs. Choi yelled at her son.

Minho shrugged and looked at the boy "I didn’t want to make Taemin uncomfortable, I knew you would ask questions"

"It's ok…" Taemin said and calmed his lover "I don’t mind with the questions"

He truly didn’t care and Minho's family asked a lot of question which on each and every one of it he answered politely.

When it was late Taemin asked Minho to take him home, not before he promised Mrs. Choi to come back at morning for breakfast and presents, they all kissed and hugged goodbye, he really felt a part of Minho's family.

"I'll help you" Minho said now as they were by the door, he held the boy's coat and helped him to wear it, he buttoned it all the way up to his nose and smiled at him when he saw the dramatic face he made "too much?"

Taemin nodded and chuckled when he set him free, at that moment Minseok and his wife reached the door as well, Lisa who was holding a mistletoe in her hand saw the couple and became mischievous, she raised it above their heads and called "kiss, kiss, kiss!"

Taemin flushed while Minho just rolled his eyes, he reached his hand and caught the mistletoe in his hand "grow up" he said to his sister in law.

"Party pooper!" she called at him and kissed his cheek, she kissed Taemin's as well and got out of the house, Minseok highed five his brother and hugged him, still don’t know how to react with Taemin he just shook his hand.

When they were gone Minho raised the mistletoe over their heads and leaned closer to his young lover "kiss, kiss, kiss" he whispered with a soft smile.

Taemin laughed quietly and angled his head to catch his lips, he held the dash of his shirt and tugged him closer to him as his tongue it way into his mouth.

Separating Taemin looked deeply into his eyes as he mumbled "thank you"

"What for?"

"Christmas, taking me into your family"

Minho smiled and glued their lips again before they walked out of the house.

 

 

Minho stopped his car in front of Taemin's house "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning"

The boy glanced at the house before turning his gaze back at his lover "would you stay the night with me?"

Soft smile crossed Minho's lips "only if you'll ask nicely"

Taemin just chuckled and got out of the car.

Minho followed the younger into the house, at the moment the door closed behind them he took him in his arms and carried him to the bedroom, placing him on the bed he hovered above him and tapped kissed all over his face, Taemin squirmed to the ticklish feeling, his laugh echoed in the room.

"I got something for you…"

Taemin calmed and looked at his lover, soft smile lingered on his face as he got on his elbows and tapped a kiss on his lips "is it hard and knows how to please me?"

Minho laughed and pushed his lover to lay back "ert…but seriously, I got a little Christmas present for you"

"I thought that we'll open our presents tomorrow"

Minho lay by his side and pushed his hand into the pocket of his jacket "yes, but I can't wait till tomorrow"

The boy chuckled "does it means that I need to give you your present too?"

"Only if you like to, I just can wait till tomorrow" Minho said as he pulled a little box and gave it to him.

Taemin got back on his elbows before he sat in bed and opened it to see two simple rings, they were beautiful "M-Minho!"

Minho took the small one and slid it on the boy's finger "it's just a couple ring, small thing to…"he looked at his young lover and his heart pounded wildly in his chest, he was nervous "…to say I LOVE YOU"

Flushing, Taemin stared at him, Minho never told him those words before "I love you too" he said quietly and pulled the bigger ring out of it box, he slid it on his finger and leaned to kiss him.

"Do you like it?" Minho asked when their lips separated.

The boy nodded enthusiastically before he leaned over to reach his nightstand, he pulled a box and handed it to his lover "my present for you. It's nothing compared to this but I hope you'll like it"

Minho eyed him as he opened the box, very expensive silver wristwatch welcomed his surprised face "Tae-Min, it's too much!"

Taemin shook his head as he took the wristwatch and helped him to wear it "it's nothing compared to what you gave me in those few months we known each other, you changed my life. When Taeyeon died I prayed that a good person would get her heart and my prayers are answered, on top of all I got to know you and be with you as a lover, Thank you for everything"

Minho pulled him into his arms and wrapped himself tightly around him, his lips fumbled for his with a passionate kiss, his hands slowly undressed him, touched him and savored him as he made love to him.