Summer laugh, autumn stare

Too close for comfort

“Hey, hyung!”

Junhong greets Daehyun with a face-splitting smile on his lips. He looks extra happy and the older boy wonders what has put him in such state—it can’t be school since Junhong has always complained about homework and boring teachers. Daehyun stops under the awning of the café where they work at and closes the umbrella he’s been holding on his way from home to work. It’s raining again, he notes. He thought it was going to be sunny because last night the weather forecast had predicted the weather to be clear of rain for the rest of the week. He guesses that the world really is close to end judging by the constant changing of weather and global warming.

Keeping the thought aside, Daehyun watches Junhong wipe the French window with a soft smile adorning his lips. Something good has happened, no doubt.

“You’re quite cheerful today. What makes you so?”

Junhong grins and tosses the dirty cloth on the table before he plops down on the steel chair outside the café. Since it’s only three in the evening, not many customers are around. Usually the café is packed early in the morning when people are rushing for breakfast before they go to work and school and at night when people go out for dates and to catch up with friends.

As a university student, Daehyun works part time at the café from three to ten. He’s not really short in money but he figures that gaining a little bit of experience from part time jobs helps in maturing one’s mind—and might he add, he’s always bored staying at home doing nothing.

“We have a new employee coming in this afternoon and he’s really handsome!” Junhong beams. “It’s been long since Yongguk-hyung hires a person. You know how picky he can be sometimes.”

“Is he still here?” Daehyun peeks through the glass door.

“Yup, he’s in the office talking with Yongguk-hyung. I think he’s going to be joining our shift.”

Daehyun hums, staring at the wooden door of their manager’s office. A moment later it opens. He can see a man with auburn hair stepping out of the office, followed by Yongguk, the manager. They shake hands and Yongguk gives the man the signature apron of the café. The man bows in return before he goes to the counter and wears the apron.

So he’s the new barista.

“His name’s Kim Himchan,” Junhong answers Daehyun before he could ask. “You should introduce yourself to the new guy, hyung.”

“I know,” Daehyun nods as he makes his way inside—not before he places his umbrella at the umbrella stand.

He doesn’t know why but he feels suddenly nervous about introducing himself to the new employee. Indeed what Junhong told him is true. This Kim Himchan is good-looking. But it’s not the good look that makes him nervous. It’s more to the vibe Himchan emits around him. He has this particular ambiance to him that warns people to not get too close to him. He’s wearing a serious expression on his face and the way his lips are kept in a tight line somehow makes him seem unapproachable.

Daehyun musters up his courage and goes on with his plan. You can’t really know someone before you introduce yourself to them. He hopes his first impression on Himchan is way different than he expects.

“Hi, I’m Jung Daehyun.”

Himchan’s sharp eyes shift from the mug he’s currently cleaning to Daehyun’s face. He stares at the boy silently, almost as if he’s trying to analyse him.

“You’re the new guy, Kim Himchan right?”

When Daehyun receives a mere nod from Himchan, he lets out a chuckle to lighten the mood but nothing changes. Himchan’s still wearing that mundane look on his face and he’s turned his attention back to the mug in his hand. Daehyun can almost hear the ticking of the clock amidst the awkward silence surrounding both of them. He can’t help but wonder whether he’s done something wrong to Himchan. The man seems like he’s in a bad mood.

Daehyun scratches at his head and smiles.

“Well, nice meeting you Himchan-ssi.”

Daehyun turns away from the counter and heads to the locker room to grab his apron after figuring out that Himchan’s not in the mood to have a conversation with him.

“Nice knowing you Jung Daehyun.”

He almost misses Himchan’s faint voice drowned by the clanking of mugs. He faces the man and bows his head slightly.

 

-

 

Himchan is a loner, Daehyun concludes one day.

He rarely talks to his co-workers and whenever Junhong tries to make him join them for a late-night arcade session he would always refuse. Daehyun thinks that the man is too mature for a childish activity. He’s tried having light conversations with him but it always ends up with him leaving Himchan alone to practice on his barista skills. The man really has no interest in talking or whatsoever and it kinda frustrates Daehyun.

After Himchan’s employment, the number of customers increases drastically. More females come to the café to watch him work. It’s like being in a zoo where you become the animal, standing around in the café as people watch you from afar. On a few occasions Yongguk has caught a group of female students taking pictures of Himchan. He has to warn them about disturbing the employees but they seem to not care at all. They would always come back to watch Himchan nonetheless.

“It’s like Coffee Prince,” Junhong says with a chuckle. “We’ve become famous for our visual appearance instead of the café’s special coffee. I bet Yongguk- hyung’s a little bit upset about that.”

“There’s nothing wrong with attracting customers using looks I guess,” Daehyun mutters.

He rests his chin on his palm and watches Himchan serve latte to a female student who keeps covering her blushing cheeks. When their hands touch during the payment, the girl jumps in surprise and runs straight to her friends, bragging about having skin contact with the pretty boy of the café.  

Himchan barely reacts to the weird encounter. He resumes his work like nothing happened a moment ago.

 

-

 

It’s already 10 p.m.

Daehyun sweeps the floor clean and locks the backdoor before he flips the close sign towards the other side. It has been a tiring day, as always. Yongguk has left earlier, trusting Daehyun to lock up the café and Junhong’s mother has come to the café early that night to drag her son back home after finding out that the boy has failed one of his exams.

He and Himchan are the only ones left.

He can hear Himchan sorting out the mugs on the shelves. After he’s tossed his apron back into the locker, he makes his way to the counter to find Himchan standing on a shaky stool, arranging the jars containing different kinds of coffee beans on the upper shelves. It looks risky. He would fall if he tilts more towards the edge. Daehyun rushes to him and holds onto the stool. When Himchan notices his presence, Daehyun gives him a smile. Himchan replies with a blink before he gets down.

“Thanks,” he mumbles, dusting off his apron.

“No problem,” Daehyun shakes his head. He opens his mouth to say something but he has no idea what to talk about so he stays quiet instead.

Himchan packs his stuff and Daehyun heads to the door, waiting for Himchan to step out before he locks it.

“Oh, you’re going the same way?” Daehyun asks.

Himchan stops in his track and turns to the boy, looking at him with lazy eyes. Daehyun can see the dark circles around the man’s eyes. He looks beyond tired. The female students must have drained most of his energy, Daehyun thinks.

As he stares at Himchan’s face, he almost misses the nod Himchan makes as a response to his previous question.

“My house is not that far from the café. What about yours?”

“Same,” Himchan answers with a deadpan face. Daehyun can only wonder whether he can smile and laugh.

Both of them walk in total silence. The buzzing of the vehicles on the streets is the only sound they could hear at the moment. Daehyun clears his throat and plays with the zipper of his bag. He wants to come up with a decent conversation but it proves to be hard with Himchan staying silent all the time. He wrecks his brain for any ideas to talk about with Himchan throughout their journey back to their respective houses. It’s when they stumble across a junction that Himchan makes a turn.

Daehyun stops and watches the boy walk without a care.

“Um, see you tomorrow?” he says timidly.

Himchan cranes his neck to look at him before he nods slowly. He then walks away with his hands in the pockets of his cobalt jacket.

Daehyun heaves a sigh, shaking his head in disbelief. It’s really hard to understand Himchan. He can’t help but be curious about the man.

He’s full of mystery.

 

-

 

“I’m home.” Daehyun whispers to himself as soon as he gets home.

He knows by now that his grandmother’s already asleep so he doesn’t want to risk making any noise to wake her up. He takes off his shoes and places them on the rack before he shuffles his way in the dark. When he pushes the door to his room open, he jumps in surprise when he hears his grandmother calling out for him.

“Daehyun-ah, you’re back already?”

“Ah, yes grandma.” Daehyun walks towards the small patio at the living room and sees his grandmother sitting there with a set of colourful yarns in a basket beside her. He smiles fondly at the old woman as he sits down next to her. “You’re knitting in the middle of the night? You’ll hurt your eyes, grandma.”

“My eyes are already bad enough. There’s no difference in knitting in the morning and in the middle of the night.” His grandmother snorts in return.

“Why are you knitting during summer anyway?” Daehyun chuckles, playing with a ball of yarn from the basket—only to be flicked on the forehead by his grandmother.

“I’m knitting you a sweater. You should keep yourself warm when autumn comes. And I’m quite a slow knitter so I doubt that I’ll be able to finish in time.”

Somehow the mention of autumn reminds Daehyun of Himchan. Maybe because of the color of Himchan’s hair or the dark vibe the season gives out. He chuckles silently and it doesn’t go unnoticed by his grandmother. The old woman tilts her head in pure curiosity and nudges at her grandson’s knee.

“What’s so funny?”

“It’s just that I’m reminded of this new guy at the café I work at. He’s quite grumpy and I never saw him smile before. I even tried talking to him but he always brushes me off. It’s like he prefers to be alone than making friends.”

“Maybe he doesn’t like you,” his grandmother shrugs, earning a pout from Daehyun. “Or maybe he’s sad.”

The last sentence makes Daehyun realize that he never really pays attention to Himchan’s emotion whenever he observes the man. He would only look at the expressions Himchan shows to the people around him, the way he behaves, but he never tries to understand the meaning behind them.

Sad.

Maybe Himchan’s sad, that’s why he acts that way. Something unfortunate must have happened to him before. Daehyun feels intrigued by the thought. He plans to have another conversation with Himchan tomorrow, hoping to discover more about the man.

“I’m really tired,” Daehyun yawns and stretches his arms as he rests his head down on his grandmother’s lap.

“Yah, you should sleep in your room. Your bed’s more comfortable.”

Daehyun closes his eyes and smiles, shaking his head a little.

“You’re much more comfortable, grandma.”

 

-

 

It’s another one of those busy days at the café.

The customers keep on increasing in numbers. Daehyun tries his best to serve them and maintain the cleanliness of the café. Junhong is going back and forth from the kitchen to the eating area, balancing trays in his hands. Himchan’s behind the counter making drinks for the customers lined up at the front. Even Yongguk has to ditch the paperwork to help out.

When it reaches closing time, everyone is drained out of energy. Junhong leaves first, grumbling about having to wake up early for school. Yongguk’s the second one to leave after receiving a call from his family member, telling him that he needs to sort out some stuff at his house.

Once again Daehyun and Himchan are the only ones left in the café.

They clean the café in silence—it has become a normal thing for them to be in complete silence. Daehyun finds it no longer awkward to stay quiet because he knows Himchan prefers that way.

Whistling some random tune, Daehyun carries three boxes of coffee beans delivered that afternoon into the store. He then stacks them on the shelf and walks out when Himchan calls out for him. It’s quite rare for Himchan to call his name but he dismisses the thought and turns towards the man, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

The back of Himchan’s hand is covering his lips and Daehyun can see his body shaking. His face is suddenly red and before Daehyun could wonder what’s the reason behind Himchan’s weird behaviour, the latter points out at his pants. He looks down at where Himchan’s pointing and lets out a gasp.

Turns out he’s ripped his pants. He covers his backside and blushes madly. He must have ripped his pants when he bent down to carry the boxes, he recalls. Of all moments, fate has chosen to embarrass him in front of Himchan. He wants to bury himself underground.

Out of nowhere, a loud laugh reverberates throughout the walls of the café. Daehyun blinks and stares at Himchan who’s holding onto his stomach, laughing his head off. The man’s face scrunches up endearingly as he tries to regain his breath. He’s smiling and laughing for the first time.  

It’s like listening to the chiming of bells.

For once, Himchan reminds Daehyun of the cheerful season of summer instead of the sad autumn.

 

-

 

Himchan talks more now.

He’s starting to open up and Daehyun’s relieved. He finally gets to see him smile. They talk when it’s closing time. It’s the only time when there are only the two of them. Their conversations are usually short but Daehyun doesn’t mind. As long as he can listen more to Himchan’s voice, he’s fine with it.

He finds himself excited to go to work nowadays. He always looks forward to talking to Himchan. He tries to joke around whenever he’s around Himchan because he wants to see him laugh. He’s happy when he sees Himchan laugh. It gives him a sense of comfort to know that Himchan is not really a cold person. He has this warm side to him. He’s generous with smiles the more one learns about him.

“Daehyun-ah, did you lock the backdoor?” Himchan asks after they’ve finished cleaning the kitchen.

“Yeah,” Daehyun replies.

He waits for Himchan to inspect the café one last time and locks the front door when they are sure that they have everything settled. Leaving the café together, they walk under the same street like always. It has become their daily routine now to walk together. They would have small talks and when they’re too tired to talk, they would walk in silence.

Daehyun admits that he loves this new routine.

“Darn it, my shoelaces won’t cooperate with me.” Himchan grumbles as he bents down to work on the shoelaces of his sneakers.

“Here, let me look at them.” Daehyun squats down next to him, taking a closer look at the way Himchan ties his shoelaces. He chuckles and shakes his head.

“What?” Himchan shoots a questioning glare at him. By now Daehyun has become accustomed to Himchan’s harsh way of reacting. He’s not that scared anymore when Himchan acts that way. It’s part of his personality.

“No wonder they keep coming off. You didn’t tie them properly,” Daehyun reaches for the shoelaces and makes new knots out of them.

Himchan stares at him in complete awe when he’s finished.

“Wow, that’s cool.”

Daehyun laughs.

“It’s not that hard, really.” Daehyun unties one shoe and asks Himchan to observe carefully. “You just have to make one loop around your leg and tie them in a small bow. Simple as that.”

“You have to demonstrate for the second time, I’m not that good in remembering.” Himchan mumbles indistinctly, face fully focused.

“Okay,” Daehyun nods and points two fingers at his own eyes, a playful grin stretched across his lips. “Watch carefully please Kim Himchan-ssi.” He then teaches the man for the second time, trying his best to explain the steps one by one.

When he’s done with the second demonstration, he lifts his gaze to find Himchan staring at him. Their eyes meet and Daehyun freezes. Himchan’s eyes are beautiful upon closer inspection. It’s like staring into the depth of the ocean. So many things are hidden in his eyes. Daehyun feels the need to uncover every untold secret Himchan possesses in those pair of lovely eyes.

He’s too busy daydreaming about Himchan that he doesn’t hear the ringing of his phone.

It’s only when Himchan tears his gaze away that Daehyun jolts out from his trance. He excuses himself and answers the call, both of them standing up at the same time.

“Hello?”

Daehyun listens to the other line silently. As soon as the caller says the first sentence, Daehyun can feel his entire body going numb.

His grip on the phone tightens and tears form in his eyes the more he listens to what the caller has to say.

Himchan blinks, his eyebrows furrow out of concern.

Daehyun hangs up and gives Himchan a devastated look, his lips trembling from the sudden news.

“M-my grandma. S-she’s at the hospital-”

Himchan immediately runs to the side of the street, raising one arm in the air. A cab stops and he’s fast to usher Daehyun inside, asking the boy for the hospital address before he commands the cab driver to go there.

The ride to the hospital goes by in a blur.

Daehyun has his head in his hands the entire time, praying that nothing has happened to his grandmother. He can’t feel the squeeze of Himchan’s hand on his shoulder. He can’t hear what Himchan’s saying to him throughout the ride. All he can think of is running back to his grandmother, to see her face, to see her smile and to listen to her voice.

When they reach the hospital, Daehyun rushes out of the cab, leaving Himchan behind to pay the driver. He makes his way straight to the receptionist, demanding for his grandmother’s whereabouts. The nurse searches for his grandmother’s information in panic, surprised to see the state Daehyun’s in. The moment Daehyun receives his answer, he starts running again. He can hear Himchan calling out to him, trying to catch up with him but he ignores the man.

Right now he’s dead worried about his grandmother.

When he finally gets to the room, he stops and stares at the doctor who’s writing something on a paper. A nurse accompanying him says something to him and he nods in return before he calls for another nurse to wheel the gurney out of the room.

Daehyun feels his heart clench at the sight of his grandmother lying on the gurney, her eyes closed.

“Grandma!” he cries and scurries towards her before the nurse could cover his grandmother’s face with the white sheet.

“Are you her grandson, Jung Daehyun?” the doctor asks. When Daehyun nods in return, the doctor gives him a condolence smile, shaking his head slightly. “I’m sorry but we tried everything we could…”

The rest of the sentence is muted by Daehyun. He looks down at his grandmother and takes her hand in his. He gives the back of her hand a gentle , like he always does whenever he comes home and sits by her side, his lips trembling when he tries to utter a word. His vision blurs and it doesn’t help that the tears keep on coming. He feels like he’s choking on despair.

He knows that his grandmother is sick. She always complains about chest pains and sometimes she does go to the hospital for check-ups. Heart attack is quite common among people of old age. Apparently his grandmother is not one to escape from it.

He just doesn’t expect for her to leave him that soon, it’s too sudden. It feels like a dream. It’s unfair that he doesn’t get the chance to say goodbye. 

Someone turns him around by the shoulder and he lets himself be pulled into a hug. He recognizes the perfume Himchan wears.

“I’m sorry for your lost.” Himchan’s voice sounds so soft that it hurts to listen to.

Daehyun sinks his face in the crook of Himchan’s neck and wraps his arms around the man’s waist, not caring that he’s holding onto him way too tight for it not to hurt.

He has his heart broken that day.

 

-

 

Himchan doesn’t hesitate to hold Daehyun’s hand whenever he’s in the verge of tears.

Although the man missed the burial ceremony—with the excuse that something important came up that day—he always finds a way to comfort Daehyun and the boy’s thankful for that.

He really needs someone beside him in the moment of grief. He just lost the most important person in his life and he’s not gonna lie that it’s extremely painful to let go.

A month passes by and Daehyun’s finally cured of his grieving period.

He comes to work. Himchan greets him with a smile and he returns it with a wider and brighter one. Everything goes back to normal. He decides that life must go on so he spends his days with lots of laughing and smiling.

 

-

 

“Hey, do you want to stop by at my house?” Daehyun asks one day.

Himchan looks at him and thinks for a moment. Daehyun can see the hesitation in his eyes. Although they have spent a lot of times in each other’s presence, Daehyun can’t help but feel the distance Himchan creates between them. Sure, he smiles and talks more but Daehyun can sense the fear and sadness in him. Himchan’s afraid of something but Daehyun can’t put his finger on it. It irks him that he couldn’t discover the meaning behind Himchan’s sad look.

He almost takes back his question when Himchan fails to give him an answer but then the man nods.

“Sure.”

They walk back to Daehyun’s house.

He unlocks the front door and welcomes Himchan in.

“You have a lovely house,” Himchan comments. Daehyun thanks him and guides him into the living room where a few boxes are stacked upon each other. Himchan stares at the boxes before he turns to Daehyun questioningly. “What are those?”

“It’s my grandma’s stuff.” Daehyun replies.

Himchan hums and kneels down on the wooden floor, looking out the patio where Daehyun’s grandmother used to spend her time knitting. Daehyun comes back with two cups of coffee, serving it on the mini table in middle of the living room.

He notices Himchan holding something familiar. When he sits down beside him, he lets out a chuckle.

“My grandma was planning on making me a sweater.” He touches the half-finished sweater in Himchan’s hands. “She told me that I should keep myself warm during autumn so she knitted me a sweater. It’s unfortunate that she never got to finish it.”

“It’s beautiful,” Himchan whispers, eyes trained on the soft fabric of the sweater.

“Yeah,” Daehyun leans closer, admiring his grandmother’s last piece. “I wish she was still here with me.”

Himchan turns his head to him and their eyes meet. It reminds Daehyun of the day he taught him to tie his shoelaces. He still remembers the lingering stare Himchan has given him that day. He dreams about it a lot since then. He yearns for another moment like that and now the time has come. No more dreaming, no more yearning.

He pulls his lips together and stares at Himchan’s face silently, studying the pale plane of the man’s skin. He notices the creases at the ends of his eyes, his beauty marks scattered around his cheeks, the spots where his dimples would appear when he smiles, the light color of his lips— everything about him.

Himchan’s beautiful, he concludes.

The distance between their faces is only inches apart and if Daehyun makes a slight move, he would be able to taste Himchan’s lips. He wonders what it would feel like to kiss him so he lowers his gaze to the man’s lips.

“Daehyun?”

Himchan says softly.

Daehyun leans in and presses their lips together, hands coming up to hold onto Himchan’s shoulders. The latter cups his face and they break apart, staring at each other with their mouths open slightly, breathing in and breathing out. Daehyun feels his heart palpitating to a higher pace. For a moment he’s afraid that Himchan would reject him but when the man pulls him in, fingers sinking into his dark locks, he smiles and smothers him with another kiss, this time a deep one.

He brings Himchan’s hands down to the floor and intertwines their fingers, basking in the blissful moment that he never thinks he would ever experience.

He feels like he’s reborn.

He’s starting a new life and Himchan’s the reason why.

 

-

 

Himchan disappears the next morning.

Daehyun wouldn’t lie that he never expects it to happen.

He sits up on the bed and runs his palm on the white sheet, recalling the warmth Himchan provided him last night. He remembers the kisses and touches they gave each other and he feels his heart constrict at the memory.

He does not wish for a second heartbreak.

He tries finding anything Himchan has left behind but there’s no note on the side table, no message on his phone and no miss calls from him. The entire house is empty save for him alone.

He prays for Himchan to not regret giving his heart to him that night.

He takes a deep breath and prepares himself for the day, patiently waiting for his shift to come.

 

-

 

“Hyung,” Junhong gives Daehyun a sad look when the older boy arrives at the café that evening. Daehyun holds up a hand to greet Junhong, looking past his shoulder to see whether Himchan’s already inside, making coffee. “Himchan-hyung quits his job this morning.”

Daehyun stiffens at the words.

“What?”

“I came here this morning to start my shift early and I saw him talking with Yongguk-hyung. And then he handed Yongguk-hyung the apron and said goodbye to me. He left just like that!”

Daehyun pushes the glass door open—ignoring the chime of the bells dangling at the door— and walks up to the counter, looking up at the mugs that are neatly organized on the shelves. The counter is clean and the machines are not in use. No one’s behind the counter. It’s empty.

Himchan’s not there.

He’s left for good.

 

-

 

Daehyun runs down the street and halts a cab. He gives the driver an address he found in Himchan’s file which he’d discovered in the manager’s office and leans back to catch his breath.

He’s tried visiting Himchan at his apartment the other day but the landlord told him that the man has moved out after paying for the rent. Himchan’s running away from him. He doesn’t want to see him anymore, he thinks.

He doesn’t want to give up just like that so he’s snuck into the manager’s office and looked for Himchan’s file. In the file, he found Himchan’s other address. He thinks that it’s his parents’ house. He wants to believe that Himchan has run away to come back to his family. He can’t think of anything to do if Himchan’s not there when he arrives.

It’s a long ride to Himchan’s house since it’s located in a small village.

Daehyun pays a huge sum of money to the cab driver. He then ascends the little steps in front of the door of a decent looking house. He rings the bell and waits for someone to come.

The door opens and his heart skips a beat when he sees Himchan standing behind the door, his face mirroring his surprised look.

“D-Daehyun? What are you doing here?”

“I came to find you,” he answers immediately. “You left just like that. You didn’t say goodbye, you didn’t tell me where you’re going… I looked for you everywhere but you’ve cut your entire life from the town, from me. Why did you do that?”

Himchan gnaws at his bottom lip, averting Daehyun’s eyes. His fingers scratches at the door in attempt to calm himself but then Daehyun reaches out for them and brings them closer to his chest.

“Why are you so afraid to come close to me? Did I do something wrong?”

Himchan pulls his hand away from the boy and gives him a wounded look.

“I just don’t wanna get hurt anymore. I have my heart broken too many times already and I’ve had enough. I’m not risking another one, not because of you.”

Daehyun doesn’t know what to say.

Himchan has revealed his deepest fear to him, at last.

No wonder he looks so sad. No wonder he always keeps a distance between them.

The day they made love, Daehyun notices the tears rolling down Himchan’s eyes. He doesn’t expect Himchan to be so fragile in this matter. He should have asked him what’s wrong. He should have been more aware of Himchan’s feelings.

“I like you a lot, Himchan.” He whispers. “It’s not fair that you get to break my heart and leave like that. What about my feelings? Have you thought about that? What if I promise to never hurt you? I can do that.”

“I’m sorry I can’t.” Himchan shakes his head and pulls at the doorknob. “I tried so hard to keep myself away from you but then something happened to your grandmother and I started caring too much…”

Himchan stops himself from saying another word, his lips in a tight line. He then steels his face and stares deep into Daehyun’s eyes. 

“Goodbye, Daehyun.”

With that, the door closes.

Daehyun hangs his head down, standing before the door with his shoulders slumped.

He lets out a sigh and sits down on the step, head in his hands with his eyes closed.

He gathers all of his strength to hold the broken pieces of his heart together. Not yet, he tells himself. He doesn’t want another heartbreak. He won’t let it happen. He will wait for Himchan to come out and heal him. He knows he will. He trusts him.

He waits and waits but the door never opens.

He wraps his arms around himself, seeking for warmth.

He wants to wait longer. He wishes for Himchan to change his mind.

And so he waits again and again…

…so long that night falls, and the door opens.  

 


 

AN:

I can't really say that this is another word vomit of mine but yeah, I think it is. I have been reading shoujo mangas during my vacation and influenced by the settings and vibes they give out, I have come up with this fic. I think I'll be writing more shoujo-ish fic in the future because I like the light feelings and relaxing mood. Oh, and notice that I've written in present tense. I hope there's no grammatical error or anything XD Do point it out for me if you find one.I'm just trying out different writing technique.

I will post more himdae fic in the future, hopefully. :)