Final

Untitled

 

The first time Ryeowook got sick, Kyuhyun freaked out. In his defense Ryeowook never got sick, so when he found him curled up in a ball with tear tracks down his cheeks, he went into a panic mode.

 

It took 13 cans of soup, 1 phone call to both Donghae and Heechul each (which Kyuhyun learned to regret), 3 phone calls from Donghae, 17 phone calls from Heechul, a visit from Heechul, and 5 days for Ryeowook to get better.

 

On the 6th day, Ryeowook was still weak, but he no longer had a nasty cough or fever.

 

Kyuhyun had his arms wrapped around the smaller as he slept, watching him breathe in and out. It was crazy, but not sleeping next to Ryeowook did a number on him.


He slept out on the couch, instead of inside the bedroom so he wouldn’t get sick. But every night he would reach for something, he fell off the couch twice because of this, and he would just find air instead of his cute boyfriend that would normally be curled up next to him.



 

The second time Ryeowook got sick is when Kyuhyun felt like he was going to die. At first they thought that it was just a bad case of the flu, it was winter and normal for their area to breakout yearly.

 

Normally once rested and took medicine things would get better.

 

They didn’t get better.

 

Kyuhyun rushed Ryeowook to the hospital when his temperature reached 40c. His little heart would then be stuck in a hospital for 2 weeks going in and out of consciousness.

 

That was the first time Kyuhyun cried in years, it was the first time that he also got drunk with Heechul, and he broke down in front of the other stating how scared he was for Ryeowook, Heechul’s response was to hit him, and told him not to speak such idiotic things.

 

When Ryeowook came home, Heechul left going back to the bigger city once he made sure that Ryeowook was in good health, Kyuhyun wouldn’t let him out of his site.

 

Seeing Ryeowook in the hospital left a permanent image in his mind, one that haunted him for nights, and gave him a variety of nightmares.

 

Each time he had a nightmare, Ryeowook would be there to calm him down, hug him, run his petite fingers through his hair, whisper “I love yous”, “I’m not leaving”, wrap his arms around Kyuhyun, and sing the younger one back to sleep.



 

The third time Ryeowook got sick, he got Kyuhyun sick along with him. Two phone calls later, a panicked Heechul (which was a site to see), worried Donghae that had Hyukjae with him, and an angry, he wasn’t truly angry, Jongwoon had shown up at their house.

 

That week was one of the most chaotic weeks Kyuhyun ever went through. He learned that when Ryeowook was sick Jongwoon’s personality did a complete flip. He wasn’t Ryeowook’s crazy, slightly creepy, funny cousin, but instead he became like a mother bear protecting her cubs from all living things.

 

Jongwoon would make sure the two of them had everything that they needed. Ryeowook wanted his stuffed giraffe he got it, Kyuhyun wanted his PSP he got it, and when the two of them wanted to sleep, he’d make sure that the house was quiet, and that the neighbours around them were quiet too.

 

(Kyuhyun also learned that Jongwoon was one of the few people who could out Heechul, send him packing, with Donghae and Hyukjae following shortly after.)

 

It took another week for Jongwoon to make sure that his “babies” were ok before he left the two of them alone.

 

Ryeowook got an angry phone call from Heechul complaining about his cousins personality, and then back to back calls with Donghae and Hyukjae. The moment he hung up the phone, he burst into laughter when he found out what Jongwoon did.



 

The fourth time, there never was a fourth time because Ryeowook had yet to get sick this year.

 

The two of them were in a blanket, watching the rain fall, from inside their apartment, with a cup of steaming hot chocolate for the two of them to share.

 

Ryeowook was drawing lazy patterns into Kyuhyun’s chest and Kyuhyun was massaging the other's head, Ryeowook letting out pleasing noises every now and again.

 

“Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun stopped, looked down, and blanked.

Staring back up at him was the love of his life, the one precious human that he cherished above anyone else, the keeper of his heart.

 

He was so lucky that Ryeowook loved him, being loved by Ryeowook was like being loved by Spring. It was overwhelming at times being on the receiving end of the others love, because Ryeowook loved so much. He would go out of his way just for Kyuhyun, do random small things that brought joy to the younger's heart.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t realize that a tear fell from one of his eyes until Ryeowook let out a distressed noise.

 

“Why are you crying, did I do something wrong?”

 

No you idiot, you do everything so right it physically hurts.

 

“Ryeowook, I love you so much.”

 

That was the only warning Ryeowook got before he was pulled on to the others lap and chest. The grip that Kyuhyun had on him was painful, he couldn’t move at all, but he said nothing.

 

When Kyuhyun calmed down enough to loosen up his arms, Ryeowook immediately took the others face into his hands, and looked up at him with a concerned stare.

 

“What’s gotten into you Kyu?....You’re not running a fever..”

 

Kyuhyun let a chuckle escape his mouth before leaning down to kiss his boyfriend.