Flower on the Precipice

Someday We'll Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Mommy, can I go with Jessica for the summer vacation?" Sixteen year old Shin hye pleaded her mom using hugs and kisses. 


"You don't need to act extra sweet today, for I will let you this time." Eun hye stopped what she was doing in her laptop and looked at how beautiful her daughter has grown. 


"What are you smiling at? Creepy..." Shin hye shook her shoulders acting so spooked.


"You're so beautiful. Already have a boyfriend?"


"Mom! Wait 'till I tell dad you asked me such a question so casually."


"Did your jealous father tell you not to have one?" Eun hye chuckled. All these years and he still supports their daughter, calls when there's time, but rarely visits.

 

“If I were to have a boyfriend, I want him to be like dad.”

 

“Like your dad? You want a jealous guy?” Eun hye scoffed.

 

“But he’s jealous in a sweet way. Someone who protects you with subtlety and yet you look for it from time to time because it gives you that tingling sensation that makes you giggle and feel so loved and beautiful. Oh where thou art love?” Shin hye muttered dreamily.


Eun hye laughed so hard seeing her daughter so passionate about the matters of the heart. “Honey you’re too young to feel that way.”

 

“Oh come on mother, I am sixteen. Some of my classmates have had a lot of boyfriends already. I feel too old.”

 

“You are just blossoming into a beautiful swan. He will come for you, so don’t look for him.”

 

“I don’t know mom, I feel like no one wants me. Is it because of the karate class? Or is it because I always feel at ease around boys then I become one of them? Or maybe, it’s simply because I’m not pretty enough.” She slumped on the couch and hugged her mother with a pout.

 

“Sweetie I’m not saying this because I’m your mom, but you are so pretty and I know boys out there will be so thrilled to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter