The Girl Who...

Someday We'll Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin hye was seven when her mom left her father to go back to the country where she was born; in Lancaster, California. Her mom would always tell her that she loves her father so much, Shin hye’s young mind couldn’t decipher why her mom needed to leave her father if so. What kind of love is hurting herself being separated when they could be together? Is it because she doesn’t compare to her father? Or perhaps it’s because of her wicked grandmother who did nothing bit despise her? Is wealth more important than love? These questions floated around Shin hye’s head, but the answers were never there no matter how much she try to rationalize things. Maybe when she gets older she’ll understand.

 

Yoon Eun hye, her mom, is a photographer her dad met when he visited California one fateful summer. It was love at first sight, her mom told her. Only a couple months of going out and her dad courageously asked her mom’s hand for marriage. Her mom was 23 and her dad was 30 at that time. Oblivious of what was waiting for her in Korea, she went with her father, Park Won bin as his lawfully wedded wife.

 

Finding out that she has married one of the country’s richest men didn’t make her even happier. With his family’s spiteful words and disgusted looks, Eun hye felt no better than dirt. When she discovered she was with child, she thought that perhaps his family would change the way they treat her. Which they did. She was welcomed as family as they got back from the hospital. However, Eun hye’s bliss was short-lived, when they found out about the baby’s gender. “She’s poor as an alley cat and couldn’t ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter