Final

Remembering Dreams

Jungkook often had dreamless sleeps. He would go to bed, sleep, then wake up with no remembrance of what happened.

 

It’s been happening ever since young, back when he was allowed to dream. His teachers and parents would always ask “What did you dream of?” but he never gave a reply other than the usual “Not much.”

 

He’s pretty sure he had dreams. It’s not his fault he just can’t seem to remember. Maybe his dreams didn’t like to be remembered. Maybe they were more like nightmares. Jungkook doesn’t know, but he never considered it weird, even when everyone else did.

 

It’s not like it really mattered. The only ones that did are his dreams for life, his future goals, and he has plenty of them.



 

He doesn’t remember what happened, or when.

His sleeps were still dreamless, but this time there was a small lingering when he woke, as if he was trying to remember.

Jungkook shrugged it off. He reckons he was just cold. With a slow pace, he got himself ready and headed towards the kitchen, leaving the still sleeping figure in his bed.

Him and Taehyung haven’t been dating for that long, maybe for a month or so. It’s a weird feeling, having someone like him. Jungkook wasn’t looking for a relationship when they first met and neither was Taehyung, but they found each other comfortable to be around. There were no fireworks or butterflies, but rather as if they were around a small fireplace, feeling warm and cozy.

He felt a pair of arms around his waist as he was cooking, a small “Morning” by his ear. Jungkook responded back softly and leaned back to his boyfriend’s touch.

There’s always a misconception when it comes to relationships. His heart never beaten uncontrollably and there was no feeling of eternal bliss or wanting to run into the sunset. The two didn’t spend every night together in the sheets or experiencing a romantic get away, but opted instead for cuddling on the couch and talking, the noises from tv sometimes in the background. It’s not a magical experience full of adrenaline and endless laughter, but it felt right. It was something that was Jungkook always looks forward to at the end of the day.

He dumped the contents onto a large plate, the pair of arms around him long gone and gone to set up the table instead. The two plopped down on their respective chairs and began eating, and though Taehyung was talking, Jungkook allowed himself to drown himself in the comfortable silence their relationship was.



 

It wasn’t until a while later, maybe another month or so, until Jungkook finally started seeing. He never really remembered the story, only small flashes of colors like the blue sky or the green leaves of the trees. It felt weird, really weird. Jungkook wasn’t used to it. His mind was distracted as he trudged through his classes and shuffled along with his friends.

It wasn’t until he was home, a blanket covering the both of them with a warm cup of hot chocolate and small hums and whispers in his ear did Jungkook finally forget.



 

They were roughly eight months into their relationship before Jungkook finally remembered his dream.

Well not all of it, only really a second of it. Purple, orange, and yellow painted the sky, the sun only halfway above the horizon. Jungkook was lying on his back, or was it his stomach? It didn’t matter. He was alone anyways. The wind made his brown bangs whip against his forehead and that was it. Nothing else.

The first thing he did was call Taehyung and though he sounded groggy, Jungkook could hear the smile in his voice when he responded.

He continued his day like he usually would, though no one questioned why he never stopped smiling.



 

The couple was on their usual spot, a blanket covering their legs and a bowl of popcorn in between them, the tv in front showing The Avengers on its screen for what seemed like the millionth time. Jungkook wasn’t very sleepy when they started, but after an hour into the movie and Taehyung’s fingers softly petting his hair, he couldn’t stop his eyes from closing.

 

Everything seemed so small.

The wind blew in his face as Jungkook looked down. Everything looked the same. All the houses blended into one color, the trees and grass was just green and more green. Were those cars? He couldn’t tell.

 

He felt weightless, as if he was a feather. The sun warmed up his back as he continued to glide in the air. It felt so relaxing. Jungkook closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of being free.

 

It was dark when Jungkook woke up. The tv screen was black and judging from the remote in his boyfriend’s hand, Taehyung probably turned it off. His boyfriend’s head was tilted straight back, his mouth wide open. Jungkook gave himself a little smile before reaching over and nudging the sleeping man. “Hey, wake up.”

Taehyung groaned lowly before slowly sitting. “What time is it?” He asked, rubbing his eyes.

“Don’t know.” Jungkook replied. “But guess what? I dreamed” As soon as the sentence left his lips, he was met with a wide smile from his boyfriend.

“Really? That’s awesome Kook-ah.” Taehyung said, laying his head on top of the youngers and grasping his hand. “What was it about?”

“I was flying.” Jungkook said, playing with his boyfriend’s fingers. “It was weird. Like I was looking at me flying, yet I still felt everything? Like the wind was in my face and the view below was so nerve-wracking. Is that supposed to happen?”

Taehyung laughed quietly. “Yeah it is. Dreams tend to be in third person too, so don’t freak out.” Jungkook only nodded in response.

It was quiet for a while. Maybe five, ten minutes? More? Jungkook didn’t know.

“Do you want to dream again?”

Jungkook turned his head, his eyes meeting the brown orbs that he could only describe as Taehyung. “Maybe. I don’t know.”

Taehyung nodded. “Alright then.” was his only response before he pulled Jungkook’s head on top of his shoulder. It wasn’t long before the couple fell asleep.



 

It wasn’t Taehyung or love that Jungkook finally started dreaming, he was sure of that. The two have met years before and confessed their love months before the dreams have occurred

.

Instead he thinks it was the cozy feeling that Taehyung and his love gave him. He never forced him to do anything, and always complied to his wishes. His warmth, his softness, his comfort, everything just felt like home.

 

Jungkook continued to play with his fiance’s hair, admiring the engagement ring on his finger as he did so. He let out a small yawn as his eyes started drooping. He didn’t know what he would dream of tonight, but it didn’t really matter. He let himself close his eyes and snuggle close before entering dreamland.

 
 
---
A/N unbetaed and will probably remain that way ^^