-Final

Black and White

The world had always been colourless to Chanyeol. His parents always said that everything was colourful, and every time his father brought home a bouquet of flowers for his beloved mother she always commented about the beautiful colours she saw.
Chanyeol was jealous. He also wanted to be able to see all the colours they were talking about. But, his world remained in black-and-white and he couldn’t do anything about it.

At 15 years of age he got glasses as his vision was getting kind of blurry. He was excited because maybe, just maybe, he’d finally be able to see colours. But his world remained he same, only a bit clearer.

Two years later he met a guy in college who was around the same age as Chanyeol. They got along very well, pulling pranks on each other and people around them, having sleep overs and sneaking into bars even though they were underage. Their friendship soon bloomed into something else, something more, leaving them both flustered around each other. Chanyeol didn’t want to ruin their friendship, but Baekhyun threw them into a loud and loving relationship suddenly during a frat party. They were both slightly intoxicated when Baekhyun pushed the giant up against a wall and kissed him.

During their last year in college Baekhyun introduced Chanyeol to someone who was a dance major and younger than them. Kim Jongin. His nose would crinkle cutely every time he smiled. Happy and very forward. A total dork in their eyes. Chanyeol and Jongin — or Kai as he also liked to be called — became good friends and the trio hung out and spent most of their time together.
Baekhyun and Jongin never complained about not being able to see all the colours some people spoke about. They simply shrugged it off and continued with whatever they were doing. Chanyeol never understood them on that subject.

“Do you know who Do Kyungsoo is?” Jongin asked one day when they were sitting in the cafeteria.
“No, why?” The said man walked into the cafeteria as they spoke, shooting Jongin a quick glance. Jongin blushed and hid behind Chanyeol.
“That’s him!” The tanned boy squeaked.
Jongin hid about Chanyeol whenever the small boy named Kyungsoo passed by them in the hallways or they saw him in the cafeteria. It was very obvious that the dance major had a crush on the quiet boy.

Weeks passed by just like that until Jongin finally manned up and talked to Kyungsoo. From that day on they were almost inseparable. Chanyeol had yet to introduce himself to Kyungsoo though, “You can’t keep him all to yourself!”

They finally met in Jongin’s garden while Jongin was fetching something for them to drink. Kyungsoo had just wandered in, a shy smile on his heart shaped lips. Chanyeol gave him a big smile and reach out his hand which Kyungsoo grabbed.

Chanyeol’s whole world suddenly exploded. All the dull “colours” he’d lived with all of his life suddenly came to life. Everything around him became much brighter. He could see the rosy colour on Kyungsoo’s pale cheeks. The grass underneath their feet was green. The sky was blue. Chanyeol let out a breath he didn’t knew he’d held.
“C-Can you see that?”
“See what?”
“A-A… All the colours! Don’t you see them?” Kyungsoo looked around them with raised eyebrows. A big smile appeared on his face.
“Yes… ever since I first met Jongin.”



My mum used to tell me stories about how you’d finally be able to see all the amazing colours when you finally meet your soulmate. I guess that my soulmate wasn’t really mine.

Not the best bcs unedited and quickly written, but yes. ;-; I hope you liked it atleast a little!