OnTae drabble

OnTae drabble

"UGHHH!" 

 

Taemin lifted their head from their ds as they heard the noise. Jinki had said he was gonna get changed so they could go out, but now Taemin really thought about it that had been quite a long time ago. 
 
 
They jumped up from the couch where they had been laying on their stomach, and hurried over to Jinki's room. The slippery surface of the floor and their fluffy socks allowed them to slide to a stop just outside the door. 
 
 
"Knock knock," They said politely, even though the door was already open. They always wanted to make sure to respect Jinki's privacy. 
 
 
 
"Just come in." Came the dejected reply. 
 
 
Taemin recognized Jinki's refusal to respond to a joke as a bad sign. They hopped into the room and looked around, but Jinki was no where to be found. That was until a pile of clothes  near the closet shifted and they realized what was going on. 
 
 
"Hey," they said softly, walking over to the pile and picking up a shirt on top to reveal Jinki's pained face. "Are you okay?" 
 
 
"What does it look like?" Jinki scoffed bitterly, tossing another shirt off of his shoulder. But Taemin knew that the bitterness was not aimed at them.
 
 
"It's pretty bad today, huh?" They knelt down to run their fingers over his head softly. Jinki leaned into the touch. It had always helped him to calm down. 
 
 
"Yea." Came the quiet reply. He sounded so small today. Taemin hurt just thinking about it. 
 
 
"Which binder do you have on?" Taemin almost whispered. 
 
 
Jinki shook his body like a dog trying to dry themself, and the clothes fell away revealing his light grey binder. 
 
 
"I had to wear the tight one since it's so bad today," He sniffled. "But even just with trying on clothes it's been hurting my back, and it doesn't even make me that flat anyway and-" He was forced to stop talking as the sniffles grew more frequent. 
 
 
"Shhshh." Taemin whispered, pulling Jinx into their chest. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." They rocked Jink back and forth until the sniffling stopped and Jink pulled back a bit. 
 
 
"Can we just not go out today? I really can't stand people seeing me like this."
 
 
Taemin ran their hand through Jinki's hair once more, looking at him. 
 
 
"Of course, of course. We can just order pizza or something. I don't mind at all. Are you okay with taking off that binder if you wear a looser one or your sweatshirt? I'm worried about you wearing it for too long." 
 
 
Jinki broke eye contact to look down at the floor. 
 
 
"Not really, he mumbled. But I'll have to. This one is really killing me." 
 
 
Taemin really wanted to push Jinki to get rid of that binder altogether, but they knew how much he needed it sometimes, and if Jinki only wore it when they were around and didn't wear it for too long it was ok, right? Neither of them really knew what they were doing. There were no rules for these sorts of things. 
 
 
"Up you go." They said, helping Jinki to his feet. "Okay, you put on the most comfortable outfit ever and I'll order the pizza. You want pepperoni?" 
 
 
"Yup." Jinki was definitely still upset, but Taemin was gonna try their best to distract and pamper him for the rest of the day. They just hoped that it would help in some way. Seeing Jinki battle with dysphoria was really hard for them. 
 
 
They had bouts of dysphoria too, but it was never quite as bad as Jinki's. When it happened to them Jinki would just wrap himself around them like a blanket and somehow that helped. They had yet to find a foolproof way to help him though, and Taemin really hoped they would be able to find one soon.