One

Secret Agent

 

You worked quickly, picking the lock of the chest in front of you like a master. You swung the lid off gingerly, seeing a bomb wired to set off in less than three minutes. Immediately you began the task of disarming it. Sweat threatened to pour off of your brow as the timer counted down faster than you would have liked, but you cut the wire and the bomb stopped. You wiped your forehead off and sighed. The chest was gigantic and too heavy for you to carry, so you contacted your boss to send backup to carry the bomb out and dispose of it.

 

You crawled out of the little niche and continued down the dark, damp hall. Years of water erosion were apparent from the cracks and stains on the walls. You silently turned the corner and found yourself facing the back of your target. You frowned.

 

'Bad guys have certainly gotten stupider recently,' you thought as you casually sneaked up behind him and hit him over the head, knocking him unconscious.

 

Sparrow to Boss, the target is down,” You said into your walkie-talkie with almost a bored tone in your voice. One of the policemen that had gone to take care of the bomb appeared and put handcuffs on the unconscious man at your feet. He hoisted him up and the both of you walked out of the building and he put the man in the police car.

 

Good work, Sparrow, as usual,” your driver said and you grinned as you got into a van.

 

Thanks!” You responded, “but they're getting easier and easier. It's troubling rather than relieving, as if I'm missing something important.” You frowned and crossed your arms as your driver took you to your home. You lived alone, as your father ran out on your mother when you were younger and your mother passed away two years ago. As you got out of the car, you bade your driver good bye and went in to your apartment, exhausted. You fell into bed without bothering to change your clothes and fell asleep in seconds. 

 

 

~~~

I know it's a short chapter. Chapter lengths will probably vary. 

I hope you enjoy this part, though. :3