Prologue

The Grim Reaper's Apprentice

Finally I heard something. It was a door opening. I didn't know what happened to me but my senses were really sharpening, it's even stinging, except for my sight.

I tried to open my eyes several times. I put every ounce of willpower I could muster to no use. I was just lying there. I could feel a cold bed against my back.

Footsteps echoed across the room. They were I think nearby across my feet. They didn't sound overhead. It was a cautious one, those footsteps. They didn't look in a hurry. It was like savouring his field trip across my room. A few strides, then pause. Strides again then pause. He was walking on my right part now. He was an inch away from my body until I heard nothing again.

Then I felt a kiss in my forehead and suddenly, my eyes sprung open.

I wanted to scream.

I wanted to leap out of this bed.

I wanted to dash out of this room.

I wanted someone to help me.

I didn't want him to catch me.

I didn't want yet to die!

But my body protested. I couldn't feel a thing. I couldn't move. Not an inch of my muscle moved. I was betrayed by my body.

I was staring against those blank eyes, blank nose, and blank lips. Shiver ran through my skin.

I was gawking at the glistening skull against the billowing hood!

He was about to take me.

The Grim Reaper.

 

 

See More.