(_|_)

The Sweet Ugly Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A month ago,

“Hello?”

 

Jessica straightened her spine with a jolt when she heard someone at the door. Knowing who the person was, she decided not to answer until Tiffany came to the living room which is where she was. “Sup.”

 

“Oh, hey.”

 

“I’m hungry. Do you have anything delicious with you?”

 

Tiffany showed her other arm that was carrying something. “I hope you like fried chickens!”

 

“Anything to fill my stomach!” Jessica chirped as she gestured her friend to sit with her. “No cucumbers, right?”

 

“Dammit. I forgot.”

 

Jessica glared at the person who was setting up their meals on the coffee table. She knew her friend was just teasing her. When Tiffany looked at her, she threw the cushion at the girl’s face. “Thanks for the meal.”

 

Tiffany tossed back the cushion and they ate their dinner together. They chatted a few things about their work and ended up having a cushion fight once the Sooyoung topic was brought up.

 

“She was never yours! She’s mine!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes! Stop interfering my relationship with my Sooyoungie!”

 

Jessica avoided the cushion that was flying towards her. She managed to grab it and gave a smirk to the girl behind the couch. They stayed still for a moment, looking at each other’s eyes intensely. Jessica was about to throw the cushion when suddenly they heard someone was at the door.

 

“Girls! Are you here?”

 

“SOOYOUNGIE!” Tiffany quickly headed to the front door while Jessica had to put back the cushion first before joining the other two.

 

But once she was at the front door, she almost ran over Tiffany since the girl stopped midway at the corridor. “Yah! Miyo–”

 

Silence.

 

Sooyoung has arrived…with someone beside her.

 

Holding hands with them too.

 

In front of Tiffany and Jessica.

 

Tiffany eyed at the person next to Sooyoung. “W–Who–”

 

“Oh!” The girl let go of Sooyoung’s hand and bowed to the stunned girls in front of her. “Hello! My name is Im Yoona.”

 

“And she’s my girlfriend!” Sooyoung said with a wide smile. “Now if you two need us, we’ll be at the kitchen.”

 

Processing….

Sooyoung and Yoona walked passed the two.

Processing….

They looked at each other with blank expressions.

Processing….

Did Sooyoung just said girlfriend?

Processing completed.

 

“GIRLFRIEND?!”

 

“Oh boy, here we go.” Sooyoung said as she pulled Yoona behind her and waited for the two girls to barge into the kitchen.

 

Once they were in sight, the devils inside them was revealed.

 

And it freaked the hell out of Yoona.

 

“HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD US ABOUT HER?!”

 

“But I’ve just introduced her to you girls!” Sooyoung huffed, crossing her arms on her chest while Yoona was hugging her from behind in terrified.

 

Tiffany then pointed at Yoona’s arms. “DON’T TOUCH SOOYOUNGIE!”

 

“Miyoung!” Sooyoung hissed as she grabbed Yoona’s hand for her to hold. “I love Yoona, okay? I choose her! Get over it!”

 

Silence.

 

Jessica sighed as she dropped her shoulders in defeat. “I thought you already chose me the moment you cuddled me in bed last night…”

 

“Or me! When you gave me a kiss on the cheek before I left for work earlier.” Tiffany was calm again but now as disappointed as Jessica was.

 

“G–Girls!” Sooyoung nervously looked at Yoona who was giving her a disbelieved expression. She looked at the two in panicky. “Come on! Stop trying to ruin my relationship and just deal with yourselves!”

 

“Maybe we should eat dinner some other time, Youngie.” Yoona left the place with a frown.

 

“Yoona!” Sooyoung heard the front door was slammed shut and it made her to release a frustrated groan. “Why won’t you two just let me be happy for once?!” She left to chase after her girlfriend.

 

Jessica scratched her head. “Did we went too far?”

 

“Sooyoungie’s right, Sica.”

 

“Eh?”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I think we went overboard with our possessiveness.”

 

“What?”

 

“Come on! Let’s go apologize to her girlfriend!”

 

“What?!”

 

SLAP!

 

Jessica whined as she rubbed her cheek that was starting to get red. “What the hell was that for?!”

 

“Just because.” Tiffany grinned and dragged her friend out from their apartment. They stopped right on their tracks once Tiffany opened the door.

 

Processing…

Sooyoung and Yoona were kissing outside.

Processing…

Yoona noticed the two and parted the kiss.

Processing…

Jessica burped.

Processing completed.

 

“Sooyoungie!” Tiffany called out.

 

“What now?!” She could tell that Sooyoung was upset by that harsh tone the shikshin was using. Sooyoung even hid Yoona behind her again; hands entwining together.

 

Jessica stepped forward. “Look–” She let out a burp again. “We’re–” Burp. “Oh man, that was some good fried chickens, Miyoung!”

 

“Huh?” The couple looked at them in confusion.

 

Tiffany patted Jessica’s stomach as she went closer to Sooyoung. “We wanted to apologize. You’re right. Sica and I have been acting selfish towards our lovely shikshin.”

 

Burp.

 

“Seriously, you didn’t ate that much!” Tiffany was distracted.

 

Jessica pushed her friend’s face away. “You deserve to be happy with the one you love, Sooyoungie. We’re very sorry.”

 

“Really?” Sooyoung brightened.

 

The two friends nodded simultaneously.

 

“See?” Sooyoung happily swing her hand with Yoona. “I told you they weren’t my girlfriends! I wouldn’t ask for your number in the first place if they were mine.”

 

Yoona flashed a smile. “I believe you.”

 

“Yay!” Sooyoung went over to the girls to give a hug. “Thank you so much, girls!”

 

Processing…

Sooyoung embracing them tightly.

Processing….

Yoona smiling at the scene.

Processing….

They looked at each other with sad eyes.

Processing completed.

 

“Anything to make our Sooyoungie happy.”

 

 

“See you tomorrow, love. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight too, Youngie.”

 

Tiffany threw the cushion at Jessica when she heard the couple at the door. Jessica glared at her and threw back the cushion in revenge. Once the door was shut, Sooyoung came back to the living room and went to sit in between the two at the long couch.

 

“Come here, you two.”

 

Jessica quickly hugged Sooyoung’s arm while Tiffany rested her head on Sooyoung’s collarbones. “Thank you for not being such brats to my girlfriend.”

 

“You might be happy but I’m actually hurt inside, Sooyoungie.”

 

“Yeah! Me too!”

 

Sooyoung chuckled. “Then,” She got up from the couch and pointed at the grumpy girls. “Why don’t you two mend each other’s broken hearts?”

 

“What?” Tiffany sat up. “What do you mean?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter