Two souls in empty spaces

Life is a deadly sickness.

The sound of the wind and falling leaves could be heard all around me and far in the distance.
 I could hear the cars moving on the small highway. I could feel my heartbeat pounding in my chest and I took a deep breath. An infinitely crowd of trees were surrounding me and birds were looking down at me, greeting me with their chirps. Everything seemed peaceful and I felt so calm inside. I pulled my beanie down until it covered my ears completely. I didn't want to feel my bald scalp against my fingertips. I didn't want to remind myself of the sickness that was slowly killing me inside. That's why I loved the forest so much. This was the only place I could breath naturally and get my thoughts away from the scary reality. I could be myself here. Without doctors asking me how my condition was. Without the endless amounts of tests and blood samples being taken and of course without the chemotherapy. No hospital rooms with four boring white walls were surrounding me and no claustrophobia was crawling up on me. I had plenty of space here and I didn't mind sharing with the animals living in the woods. 

I sat down leaning my back against a huge oak wood tree and examined my surroundings.
A swamp could be seen ten feet away and I could hear the water pour from the brooks stream.
A fem minutes past by, while i was listening to the calming sound of water.
I came back to reality and started to look through my backpack I had been carrying around with me. I fumbled with the zipper but eventually got it open. I looked inside and pulled my sketchbook out along with a pencil and eraser. 

Just when I was about to press the pencil against the paper...

-"Hi"
I almost threw my sketchbook in the air but eventually caught it with my hands before it touched the ground. I looked behind me with widened eyes, searching for whoever almost frightened me to death. My eyes were almost popping out of my skull when I saw a taller male with sunkissed skin, curly brown hair and hazel eyes staring back at me.
-"Oh sorry.. It wasn't my intention to scare you" he said. He seemed to be a little weirded out by my sudden movements a few moments ago. But at the same time his eyes felt calm and friendly. I wasn't able to move. It felt like my body was frozen and I couldn't even flinch one bit. 

What was he doing in the woods. Was he a serial killer ready to kill me and bury me behind the huge oak tree. What if he was a stalker. What if he knew that I had cancer and he wanted to put me out of my misery??

He seemed to notice that I was spacing out and suddenly moved a bit closer. I almost jumped again when I found myself sitting right beside him.

-"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked concerned. I had no idea how I did it but I eventually managed to stutter a small: "i'm fine" before he returned my answer with a wide grin.

My heart nearly stopped after skipping plenty of beats already. He looked like an angel. 
A creature that wasn't supposed to exist on planet Earth. He had noticable wrinkles when he smiled and his beautiful eyes turned into a cute "eye-smile" when he showed his beautiful grin to me.

I looked down when I felt the heat in my cheeks rise drastically. I probably looked like a giant tomato with a black beanie on top. Why not just take the beanie off to make it even more embarrassing? Then I was SURE that he would mistake me for a tomato because of my bald head. I thought to myself.

I came back to reality when a tan greeting hand appeared in front of my eyes that were already focused on the leaves on the ground. 

-"I'm Jongin by the way. Nice to meet you!" He said in a friendly tone.

I stared at his hand like it was some kind of alien from outer space before I hesitantly shook it after half a minute.
-"Kyungsoo" I mumbled in a voice that almost came out as a faint whisper.

-"Pardon?" He asked a bit confused. I should have known that my normal non-audible voice only can be heard by people with absolutly dumbo ears and since Jongin probably didn't have such ears I replied:

-"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo" in a bit louder voice than before.
 
Once again he offered me the smile that made my heart beat so fast and I mentally cursed myself for being so shy around him. He was just a stranger after all and I STILL didn't know what he was doing in the woods. Before I could ask he interrupted me:

-"So.. I can see that you have taken my secret spot. This is the special place I always go to when I need some alone-time" he said while looking up at the trees crowns.

Excuse me. YOUR SPOT?  I thought to myself. the nature doesn't belong to you just because you're some kind of handsome prince from outer space! Besides I've been coming here for YEARS and I do not believe that you could just suddenly claim this to be your place.. At least not before I did.

I raised my finger to protest but I got cut off once again.

-"But I guess it's always nice to share. Right, Kyungsoo? Besides I come here because i'm lonely and it would be nice with some company, you know?"

The way my name rolled of his tongue like it was the most beautiful word in the world made my knees turn to jelly.

-"S..s..sure" I replied while cursing at myself mentally.