Chapter 5

As I Look at the Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sigh as I look around me , searching for something to do. The silence in the room is killing me. Everyone's heads are down, focused on answering the questions given to us. I don't even know what the questions are. Normally I'd focus, do the work neatly and then go back and highlight all the important things like a good student, but I can't today. I haven't had enough sleep, too busy crying all night, and I'm just tired of everything. I'm tired of school and all the pressure it puts on me. I'm tired of this stupid English lesson that I don't understand. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and hating every single ing thing I see.

I look down at the empty pages of my book and blink the tears out of my eyes. I can't let anyone see me like this. God, when did I get this weak? Crying at school? I scoff internally. You can do better than that. Keep your act up.

I turn to look at Jungkook sitting on my right, watching Youtube videos while pretending to do work. Of course, Jungkook's the master of pretending to be a perfect student. The golden maknae in our group.

He's so concentrated on the video. I laugh under my breath and poke his cheek. He doesn't react, too used to this from me, so I poke him again. Hee turns to look at me, a small smile that looks more like a grimace on his lips. Instantly I wonder what happened. Is he okay?

'Yeah, hyung?'

I laugh again, determined to bring his mood up. After all, I am the happy virus. 'Nothing.'

He turns around and goes back to his video. I leave him be for a short while, just staring at his features. It's at times like this when I realise how beautiful he is.

I poke his cheek again once, and then several times repeatedly.

He doesn't react so I keep doing it. And then he bursts.

"What do you want?! Can you stop being so annoying for once and just shut up?!'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter