Steps

Begin Again

Heungsoo was watching Namsoon. He was sneaking glances at him without outright staring at him. He watched him nibble on pieces of red velvet waffles. He watched him bite into strawberries the juices from his lip. And he watched him at the chocolate from the spoon. He watched perfect plump lips wrap around the straw as they in mango sparkling tea.

Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one watching. He looked away noticing couple of girls seating few tables away from them.

He glared towards the girls who kept looking at their way. One girl in particular was checking out Namsoon outright. How dare she look at the child like innocence sitting in front of him with those eyes? He saw her get up couple of times before collapsing back on the chair. It seems like her friends were encouraging her.

‘Aish...so annoying.”

He sneered as he glared at the girls before looking back at Namsoon who was too immersed in his food to notice.

Namsoon moaned in happiness smiling at Heungsoo, "So delicious!"

Heungsoo broke into a bright grin as he stared at him. He leaned forward placing his elbow on the table resting his face on his knuckle. He kept staring at the bright faced smile that seems so blinding.

Namsoon looked back at him smiling brightly happily eating his strawberries. His hair falling into his eyes as he looks up at him biting into delicious orange slices.

“Heungsoo-ah what are you staring at? Eat eat eat!!”

“I am looking at a fussy duck with an appetite of an elephant.”

“Shut up, crazy punk” 

Namsoon stuck his pink tongue out at him. He grin as he bite into the Hokkaido sweet bread the green tea cream oozing out of the bread. He was happy that Heungsoo and he decided to roam around their new neighborhood. They had stumbled across this new bakery place. It was a Japanese fusion baked goods café, called The And. And luckily for him, it was open really early. 

Heungsoo looked down Namsoon's plate and saw one of the bitten strawberry. He stole that one and popped it in his mouth. It tasted of sweet. Sweeter than the one from his own plate.

"Yah! I was about to finish that one."

"Aish, you have too many of them anyway. And stop at the taste. People are starting to stare."

"No they are not, only you are staring..."

Namsoon responded shrugging grinning evilly at him. Heungsoo looked away covering his face with his hand hiding his blush feigning irritation. He laughed as his eyes flickering to Heungsoo's cheek with little bit of whip cream on it.

"Aigoo aigoo who is a messy eater now? Why yes…it’s our lil Heungsoo." Namsoon leaned forward with a napkin ready to wipe it. Heungsoo looked at him glaring at him for using baby voice. He noticed the same girl from before was approaching their table deepening his glare. 

Heungsoo turned towards Namsoon with his lips twitching as he tried to conceal what he was about to do.  He leaned forward and grabbed his other hand that was holding the biggest strawberry.  He brought it to his own mouth while glancing at the girl who had stopped in her tracks. He around the bitten tip of the strawberry while looking at Namsoon. He gently bit into it as his lips enveloped around the fingertips.

Heungsoo looked back up at him from under his eyelashes smiling sensually.  He slipped the tip of his tongue out at the finger lightly before slowly moving away. He pretended to moan loudly at taste and swiped his tongue across his bottom lip. He rest his head on his hand as he looked into Namsoon's darkening widen eyes. He could even see the dilated pupil.

"Delicious..." He whispering in his deep husky voice.

Namsoon had forgotten how to breathe. He could feel his ears on fire, his cheeks warm. He had had his hand frozen in front of him. He face was turning red like the strawberry he was holding. He could feel his heart racing faster. His mind was literally shut down. He isn't imagining it right? He slowly blinked hoping it wasn't a part of his imagination.

Heungsoo chuckled watching Namsoon gaping at him like a fish out of water. He moved his hand across the frozen Namsoon’s face.

“Namsoon-ah?? Hello…??”

He called out his friend who stayed frozen with the expression of deer caught in headlights. He grinned evilly before leaning forward again and bit that same hand faintly  it.

 “Ah!~ OUCH!!”

Heungsoo couldn’t control himself. He started to laugh at his best friend’s reaction. Namsoon glared as he nursed his fingers trying to control his breathing.

What was that sound that I made…? Wtf Namsoon-ah get hold of yourself?

"Y-yo-you bastard y-yo..you wanna die?!" Namsoon flicked at Heungsoo's head after his bit fingers. He tried to calm his erratic heartbeat by breathing deeply. He tried to gain some control over his racy thoughts of that pretty mouth that was grinning at him.

"Oww..yah that stings." Heungsoo complained. He was smiling to himself satisfied when he saw that girl retreat and all those girls avoiding his looks.

'Thats right...walk away. Wait…why did I do that? Heungsoo wth you should be a wingman to your friend…not this.'

Heungsoo looked down his plate as hastily stuffed his mouth with apple cinnamon strudel. He looked up his mouth full at Namsoon who was looking back at him while sipping his sparkling tea. He could read the question in Namsoon's eyes without him speaking. See...that's how close he was. 

"What? I was just proving a point"

"Idiot. What point?"

“That you moan while eating…”

Heungsoo mumbled his lame excuse avoiding eye contact. His eyes flickering towards the same table where girls were sitting, that same girl was glaring at him. He smirked at her giving his most perfect innocent half smiles, if you can call it that. He was proving that the idiot sitting in front of him belongs to him. He wasn’t gonna tell that to the idiot though. He watched the same idiot leaned towards him and steal pieces of peach from his plate.

"Now who is stealing food? Hmm?"

"It’s called peachy revenge."

Heungsoo grinned before placing some of his fruit pieces into Namsoon's plate.

"I'm glad this new place opened up. It’s so delicious." Heungsoo muttered mouth full of strawberry choco cake from Namsoon’s plate.

"And free wifi." Namsoon bit into his waffle and rolled his eyes at Heungsoo. He ignored the stupid smirk on his best friend and moaned at the delicious taste of the food. It was a sin how good the waffle tasted.

"You're doing it again."

"Shut up. Food is delicious and it deserves all my sounds."

"Aish so embarassing...I don't know you."

“HONEY!~ Try this strawberry choco cake babykins! It’s so good..!! Come on...say ah!~~”

“Yah! Crazy bastard…"

Namsoon smirked happily. He was annoying him on purpose. He needed to take revenge after all, and the flushing Heungsoo sitting infront of him was a sweet reward.

"Only if you feed me with your hands… honey

Namsoon mouth hit the table as he gaped at his laughing friend. He threw raspberry at the laughing dino, unable to hold his own laughter. They are supposed to be looking for a job instead they were having brunch in this new restaurant. 

“Shut up idiot. Take out your phone and let's look at the postings again.”

"Why don't you do it?"

"Hands full. My fingers are required for this majestically delicious food than a phone screen of misery and responsibilities."

"Drama queen..."

"Dino shark hybrid."

"Yah!"

Heungsoo sighed before looking through his phone to see if there are any job postings. They have been looking through job listings while eating breakfast before. They were supposed to be looking for a part time or full time job. That was before he became slightly territorial around Namsoon. He still isn’t sure why he was territorial with him. What is wrong with him…? 

Namsoon leaned forward peeking over the large screen of phone. Their foreheads were touching as they both looked over the screen.

"Hmmm...Heungsoo-ah they’re hiring for construction."

"No. We are not fixing anything."

"Why??"

"Because Bob-the-ing-builder, if I remind you that the last time you tried that, you buried your phone in the middle of road."

"It was a mistake! Not my fault that phone was so tiny."

"It still rings sometimes. People call that road ringa linga road."

"Oh for sake."

Heungsoo laughed at Namsoon's frustrated face avoiding a punch and letting his phone get snatched by mean ducky. 

"How about this one? Pay is really good." Namsoon pointed out another job posting.

"No way. Uh-uh last time we did pet sitting, wild cat turned out to be a mountain lion." 

"Heungsoo ah, not everyone would have mountain lion."

"Namsoon ah, that's what we thought. You remember what happened after that.  We ended up pet sitting a bear cub and tiger cub for a week!"

Namsoon laughed remembering the good old times. It was hilarious watching Heungsoo run around jumping on couch as hungry tiger cub chased him. 

Heungsoo is traumatized. If there is one job he refuse to do. It was pet sitting.

"It wasn't so bad. You made good friends with them. I saw tears when you parted."

"Tears because that bear cub was digging his claws into my thigh refusing to let go.

"You really liked the owner too."

"I liked the pay after that torture. Never going to trust any ad under G-dragon again."

"Heungsoo thir---"

"No. I know you are gonna say third time is the charm. Well, third time already happened, and charm turned out to be snakes. Room full of snakes! You fainted when you had to feed live rats to them!"

"Oh yeah I forgot about that one...so fourth time is the charm?"

"No no noooo" Heungsoo looked annoyed and stuffed a whole plum in Namsoon mouth to shut him up.

Namsoon choked as glared at him. Heungsoo raised his eyebrow unaffected by the glare of a puffy cheeked Namsoon. He munched on the plum before speaking up. 

"Okay, you have a point. Let's cross that one out."

Heungsoo went back to the list after patting his head. Namsoon sighed as finished his last piece of waffle the white chocolate off the spoon. This time Heungsoo choked on his tea coughing when he saw that.  He ignored the weird look Namsoon was giving him and cleared his throat. He cleared his throat looking back down at the phone.

"So how about I do cashier. It says they are looking for full time who is willing to work 12 hours a day."

"Absolutely not." 

"Why?! It's easy job until I find something better. You know that we need this. Besides this will be temporary."

"No. You can't stand on your feet for 12 hours. Not with...what I have done to your leg..."

"Namsoon ah..."

"No. You shouldn't even be working these odd jobs. You should be playing for the country. Be part of the clubs. And if it weren't for me..." 

Namsoon hesitated biting his lips looking down at his clenched fists trying not to cry. He had said he won’t bring it up but how can he not. He sees the pain Heungsoo suffers even if he doesn’t show it. He knows how much the cold hurts his knee. He is just putting on a brave face for him. So he doesn't worry but that just makes him worry tenfold.

"Namsoon ah are you still blaming yourself? What happened was a mistake. I forgave you long time ago. I know that you got carried away. I know you better than you know yourself. Besides I can still easily kick your punk ."

"I am sorry...really sorry." Namsoon looked down smiling but he couldn't stop his tears. 

"Aiish this kid. Please stop feeling sorry." Heungsoo smacked Namsoon's head before holding his face making him look up. 

"Aren't we friends? Namsoon ah...it was an accident. A mistake. It's okay, I forgave you long time ago...and it took lot of time but I eventually forgave you for leaving me. Do you understand me?" 

Heungsoo wiped his tears away smiling gently. Namsoon looked into the caring eyes of his best friend as he blinked last of his tears. He nodded smiling wiping his tears. 

“Idiot...We are the same...we both suffered but now it’s different. We have each other.” Heungsoo grinned as he wiped whip cream on Namsoon’s nose.

"Yah...who you calling idiot?? and I still am not going to let you work that job."

"Aish...okay okay I won't work any job that would put a toll on my leg."

"And tell me when it hurts. No more hiding the pain and forcing a straight face in front of me. Bastard I see right through your facade."

"It doesn't hurt. My heart also doesn't hurt anymore but it does when you still blame yourself. Didn't you say you would put my heart back together?"

"Cheesy ...why are you being like that?" Namsoon laughed wiping the cream from his nose. Heungsoo grinned getting up turning towards the cashier to pay the bill.

“Namsoon…”

"Hmm??"

Namsoon looked up at him. Heungsoo smiled as he reached both of his hands out towards him. Namsoon could feel his cheek already turning red and his heart pounding. He felt like something is about to happened as he subconsciously leaned towards him. At the last minute, Heungsoo grinned and started ruffling his hair. He started running his fingers through the soft reddish brown locks pulling it up into mohawk. He smirked at his grinning bestfriend as ruffled it even more into random hairstyle. 

“Yah!!! Stop that!”

“Ah…just noticing your hair. It has gotten longer.”

Heungsoo made a huge mess of his hair before smoothing it out into proper hairstyle. He smiled at him before pinching both of his cheek grinning. 

“You finally stopped crying…Namsoon always keep laughing, don't be a pitiful bastard again.”

Namsoon tried freeing his delicate cheeks from his hand...no his pinchers. 

"Yah!"

Heungsoo grinned as he avoided a slap and ran away to the front to pay the bill.

"I will do everything, whatever I can for you...Heungsoo ah because you are most important to me." Namsoon touched his hair softly smiling as he watched Heungsoo's back. 

He got up before and following him. He draped his arm around his shoulder gripping the neck. They both left the restaurant walking together. Heungsoo wouldn't admit it but he is glad that Namsoon no longer walks behind him but rather with him. And Namsoon wouldn't admit it that he liked how naturally their steps match. 

They both won't admit that they like taking steps on a new path. A path both have made together, where they are together.

 

At least...not yet.

 

 

What they didn't know was that two pair of eyes were watching them as they leave the shop. One full of wonder and other full of mischief. The unlikely pair have heard enough to know...that they will have fun.

 

"How fun...right?"

 

"...yes"

 


AN: Oh! oh oh no...who are the mysterious pair?? Are they trouble for Heungsoon?? :O

Heungsoon: Don't you know...? (=_=)"
Authour: Of course I know...
Heungsoon: Then stop teasing them.
Authour: Aish...heungsoon couple are no fun. It's not like I haven't given hints.

Heungsoo: Looks like he will fall for my charms soon.
Namsoon: oh please...prince charming? More like the beast.
Heungsoo: That I am...in bed. ( ˘ ³˘)
Namsoon: Σ( ̄□ ̄;)Authour quit giving him lines that shock me. Where she go?!


Authour: *goes into hiding with the bribe Heungsoo gave her*...(✿ ♥‿♥)


Fun tidbit: For the seducing scene, I could imagine it but hard to put it in words. So what does a brilliant genius person like me do?? I rope in my friends to seduce me as I feed them strawberries. Or I asked them to feed me strawberries as I try to seduce them. Welp!! Interesting experience...our friendship has reached a new level... >/////////<

The things I do...sigh~
Even they have given up on my sanity.

Anyways!! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Again comment, subscribe and upvote is all so very appreciated by you guys. Thank you lovely readers! Give me your energy--err comments! ヾ(o≧∀≦o)ノ゙