Snow

Begin Again

Namsoon sighed looking out the huge window of his apartment leaning against the cool glass looking down watching cars moving along the street slowly making their turns. He watched streets becoming empty as everyone rush home for warmth.

“They really look like tiny car toys…” Namsoon mumbled to himself before sitting down by the window and looking out the huge window again watching the sky and scattered lights of cityscape. Namsoon sighed again looking down his hot cup of coffee picking it up bringing it close to his lips ready to blow air on it but instead he sighs again and places it back down.

Namsoon sighed again pouting and wrapping his cold hands around the coffee cup as if waiting for something to happen.

“Yah! Stop sighing already…”

Namsoon didn’t have to turn around to know his housemate has just entered kitchen. He knew by the banging of cupboards.

Namsoon sighed again, this time deliberately louder to get on the nerves of his bestfriend, who wasn’t even paying attention to him to notice how down he was. Some friend…

“Didn’t I say stop sighing?? Aish…you punk. Didn’t even left me a cup of coffee.”

“No. I can’t stop sighing! It’s already start of December. But nothing! There is nothing on the ground!” Namsoon turned around looking at his friend Heungsoo opening another cupboard looking for something.

“And we are out of coffee…aish! Couldn’t you have saved some for me instead of drinking it all you selfish bastard.” Heungsoo closed the cupboard and looked at his dear pouting friend who was still sitting by the window.

Namsoon looked back annoyed before picking up his cup with his hands still wrapped around it. “Yah…I am down and you are worried about coffee?? Come here. You can drink out of this cup too. It’s still pretty warm…~

Heunghsoo blushed sputtering before looking down to hide his face by his hair and walking towards Namsoon. ‘This idiot…doesn’t he realize its indirect kiss??’

Grabbing a blanket from the couch and wrapping around shivering Namsoon then sitting beside me as he leans towards the window looking down the street then back at his friend’s messy hair and annoyed face.

“No thanks. Don’t want your spit coffee. What are you sighing about anyway?”

“You would be sighing too. It’s already December but it’s not snowing at all! I want it to snow.” Namsoon ignored his comment turning towards him before unconsciously wrapping his blanket around him too sharing it not noticing Heungsoo stiffening.

“It did snow though. Flurries they count right?” Heungsoo replied clearing his throat when he felt Namsoon moving closer to his body to share blanket. He grabs coffee mug and drinks from it trying to distract himself.

Namsoon smiles seeing him drinking from his cup and wraps his hand around his shoulders.

“Nope. Flurries don’t count. I want a real snow. It will be our first snow in this new city. In this new apartment.”

Namsoon was smiling at Heungsoo before looking back up at the sky. He glared at the dark gloomy clouds that won’t fulfill his wish. They looked like they could snow so why won’t they?! Weatherman said it could happen anytime this week.

“Aiiish! I will write to weather man if he was wrong again!” Namsoon pouted before laying his head on Heungsoo’s shoulder breathing in his scent.

Heungsoo was glad he wasn’t looking at him anymore. He could feel his face burning.

“It doesn’t snow when it’s very cold. Didn’t you pay attention in science class??”

“It’s not that cold. Only…42 degree Celsius. Aiiish it’s cold. ”

Heungsoo looks towards Namsoo who was busy checking weather report for the week.

“Yah! Come on let’s go. Instead of waiting for it to snow. Let’s go out and eat something spicy and warm. Ramen?? And we gotta go grocery shopping too.”

Namsoo sighed once more looking at the sky before turning towards Heungsoo smiling widely.

“Yess!! Ramen and I am pushing the cart. You get the stuff. Called it!!”

“Aiiish so lazy! One day I will push the cart.”

Namsoon just smiled happily tugging on Heungsoo’s arm moving towards the door grabbing their coats and walking out the apartment after tying his shoes for Heungsoo to lock it behind. He was almost reaching elevators when he felt something around his neck pulling him back.

“YAH! You almost choked me!!” Namsoon turned around glaring at his friend who came up behind him.

“Shut up. You will get sick.” Heungsoo wraps scraf around Namsoon’s neck before putting hat on his head pulling on his ear smirking at him.

“Aren’t I so caring?? Shouldn’t you thank your hyung??” Heungsoo grinned at Namsoon pulling his hat over his eyes.

“yee hyung. Thank you so much for caring….Like hell you bastard!” Namsoo pushed Heungsoo away punching him lightly on the arm walking inside elevator waiting for him to join.

Heungsoo rolled his eyes rubbing his arm while joining Namsoo in elevator. They head out the building, deciding to drive to kenzo ramen place and shop nearby after. Heungsoo was driving and looked beside him.

“Are you still looking up at the sky?”

“Yes.”

“Close the window. Yah! You will get me sick too.”

Namsoon grumbled before closing the window and fiddle with sound system before playing a song. They ate spicy ramen laughing about silly things. Namsoon forgot all about his gloomy day when he is with Heungsoo. If he had it in his power, he would stay just like this with Heungsoo. They had a lot to deal with from their past. They had moved to start again, to make new memories.

Heungsoo was walking around the store grabbing things needed and putting them in cart. They were shopping now and as called dibs Namsoon was pushing the cart. Heungsoo grinned at his lazy best friend. Asking for his opinion on new ramyun flavour they saw. Deciding to try everything new. He wants to try everything new with Namsoon. He actually felt really happy when Namsoon wanted to share their first snowfall in a new city together with him.

“Heungsoo-ah. Yah what are you zoning out for?” Namsoon pushed the shopping cart into Heungsoo nudging him forward tripping him.

Heungsoo glared looking back at Namsoon who was flashed his innocent cheshire grin.

“Stupid punk. We need to pay now…” Heungsoo marched forward grabbing handful of ice-cream from freezer and dropping in the cart before throwing one at Namsoon’s face. He walked away to cash register ready to pay.

“Yah idiot! It’s cold. Why do we need ice---” Namsoon mumbles moving after Heungsoo as he looks down at the ice-cream in his hand. He abruptly stops and looks back up watching Heungsoo walking away but not fast enough for Namsoon to not notice his red ears.

Namsoon brings ice-cream to his face trying to hide the smile before reading the package again and again.

‘I like you the most…’

“Yah! Hurry up! It’s getting colder.” Namsoon bites his lips smiling watching Heungsoo looking back at him impatiently with his hands in his pockets.

Namsoon grins to himself before rushing after him. “Yeah yeah I am coming.”

They both pay for their groceries and head back home in their car. Namsoon decides to eat that ice-cream in the car. He teases Heungsoo with the package by shoving it in his face before taking out the orange popsicle and putting wrapper away in his pocket.

“I like orange the most.” Namsoon put emphasis on the most as he sneaks a glance at Heungsoo who was watching him.

“You will really get cold if you eat that now.” Heungsoo muttered avoiding eye contact but sneakily looking at Namsoon on the freezie. He turns car heater on high leaning back into the seat and starting the engine to warm up. Heungsoo warms his hands up before he starts to drive them back home.

They safely arrived lucky that roads were mostly clear. As they arrived on their floor, Namsoon was first to enter their cozy apartment that had spacious living room with kitchen and two bedroom with one huge bathroom.

“Oh! Heungsoo-ah!! Look look!!! it’s starting to snow!” Namsoon looked at their window that covered half of their living room wall giving a beautiful view Seoul cityscape slowly turning white.

Heungsoo smiled looking towards the sky and seeing snow falling. He froze when he felt cold hand wrapping around his arm. He looked towards Namsoon who was tugging him towards himself and hugging him. Heungsoo grinned and wrapped his arms around Namsoon.

“Happy first snow??”

Namsoon just smiled back nodding excitedly before glomping Heungsoo.

“Heungsoo ah…happy first snow fall."

 

 

A/N: It is just a fluffy kind of story. I haven't proofread it so I am pretty sure there are tons of mistakes. Please let me know if you liked it or not. It encourages me to continue writing. :D

‘젤루조아’ -‘I like you most’. (let's see if you guys get this ice-cream reference)