The Bus Home

The one hour of his day

Seungri hates his job. He hates the stupid 5 o'clock wake up and leaving his house an hour later six days a week, and he hates the 20 minute walk to the bus stop. He hates the 40 minute journey and he hates the four flights of stairs he has too climb too his office because the elevator is constantly broken. He hates the six to seven hours he spends sat at his desk, having file after file shoved upon him until he can't be seen from the front of the desk. He hates the two hour meetings he has too sit in just for show, without ever being needed in there. But, there's one part of his horrible routine he loves, and that's the bus journey home. He never minds the four flights of stairs at the end of his day, he never minds to fact barely anyone says goodbye too him anymore, he never minds the fact that the bus stop is 10 minutes from his building. He doesn't even mind if he hasn't eaten. Because he knows that once he's on that bus, he has a reason too smile. Well, the reason comes one stop after he gets on, and like always, he bounces a little in his seat before he arrives, then he tries too play it cool as he watches him. And today, as always, he smiles warmly at the bus driver before taking walking up the bus too find a seat. But, unlike every other day, the only seat left was right beside Seungri and the blonde was too excited about his existence that he didn't even notice the bus filling up, until he felt the seat next too him shift slightly. He turned and stared blankly at him, before looking out the window again and listening to the distant sound of the others music through his headphones. See, this man, Seungri doesn't even know his name, has been the best part of his day for nearly two months now. He's been the only thing to really make the blonde smile for a while now, and Seungri would be damned if he let go of him. Turning to glance at the stranger beside him, Seungri had too resort to biting his lip to refrain from smiling. The stranger was moving from side too side in his seat, his arms moving effortlessly too a beat Seungri could just make out, his eyes shut, his lips forming silent words that the blonde could only guess were lyrics, his legs bouncing up and down too separate rhythms. Gosh he's so cute. Seungri shook his head. He didn't even know this stranger, and yes he was beautiful, and yes his music taste was good, and yes he was an amazing dancer but he should really stop staring. Though just when the blonde was about too turn away, the other paused and looked at him with a raised eyebrow and an amused smile on his face. It was then Seungri realised that the space around them was void of music and maybe, just maybe, he spoke his thoughts out-loud. Coughing nervously, he turned his head to the window but not without noticing the more tanned of the two reaching up too remove a headphone.

So, what was that about someone being cute?” A voice Seungri didn't recognise but immediately wanted too hear more of hit his ears and he turned around to see the other sporting a small smirk. He blinked.

Um. I was thinking about um... My friends pet dog. He's really cute!” He waved his hands around awkwardly, mentally hitting himself. Sure his friends dog was cute, not in looks, but personality, though Jiyong would kill him for that. A raised eyebrow was his only response before a laugh filled the silence.

Right. Then I must really remind you of this dog then, since you were staring at me as you said it.” There was a hint of amusement laced into his voice and honestly, Seungri didn't care anymore, he just needed to hear that voice forever. Though he had too laugh at the others assumption, considering the dog he was on about was rather wrinkly and saggy. Gosh, Jiyong is gonna hang him.

No actually, I just suddenly thought about him, I didn't even know I was looking at you.” His voice pitched upwards from nerved near the end of the sentence and the other just began too laugh, freely and happily and Seungri felt his heart swell up. Once the other hand calmed down he offered a hand to the blonde, of which he just stared.

Hi my name is Dong Youngbae.” He moved his hand a littler, gesturing for Seungri too take it. The other stared blankly before lifting his hand and holding the tanned one offered to him.

Nice too meet you YoungBae, my name is Lee Seunghyun, but everyone calls me Seungri.” He smiled, wider than maybe normal when you first introduce yourself too someone, but honestly, even YoungBae's name made his heart skip a beat.

Well then Seungri. I have a secret too tell you, can you keep secrets?” That perfect eyebrow was raised again and all Seungri could do was nod. YoungBae leaned in a little and brought up his hand too cover his mouth from view. “I've been waiting too talk to you for a while now.” The voice was soft, a whisper at most but Seungri nearly jumped from his seat, and look of pure shock on his face before he quickly composed himself and nodded before finding his courage, or maybe it was his stupidity, he wasn't really sure anymore.

Oh thank god I've been feeling the same for a while now. The way you dance every time I see you is so cute, and your music taste is really good and I'm probably freaking you out right now, but I've been wanting to say hello for two months and I guess that time kinda made me a bit weird and I'm still being weird so I'm gonna shut up now but before I do, do you wanna go on a date with me?” Most the blonde's sentence was rushed and made Youngbae's smirk only grow wider, and by the time he finished, the other was laughing again.

Yeah. I wanted too ask you first but, well, you just beat me too it.” Youngbae calmed down before pulling out his ipod again, placing a headphone in Seungri's ear and hitting play. “But this'll do for now right? I only have about 10 more minutes on the bus.” Seungri nodded and stared out the window, honestly wondering what he had done too deserve such a chance with such an amazing seeming man. He smiled when he felt the others arm brushing against his, knowing he was dancing again. They spent the next 10 minutes like that, in silence, apart from Youngbae's music, and their own small world, dancing together ocassionaly. When Youngbae's stop was approaching, he gently tugged the headphone from Seungri's ear and stood up.

I'll see you tomorrow, at the same time, and we'll arrange a date then, yeah?” His eyes crinkled with the smile that formed at the question and Seungri nodded with a large smile of his own. Youngbae nodded and left, smiling and thanking the bus driver before turning back to wave at Seungri as the bus passed. Seungri waves back before sinking back into his seat, his heart not listening too him as he tried too slow it down. He hummed the last song him and Youngbae listened too together all the way home, and when he opened his apartment door, and read a very worried message from Jiyong who was concerned because Seungri always updates Jiyong on the stranger, he realised that tomorrow he would wake up at 5, and he would smile all the way through. He would sit in those meetings with something to distract him and make him smile. And he would finish the day and get on the bus and wait for Youngbae, because they had a date too plan.