Chapter 5

What a Beautiful Mess This Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The doorbell buzzes incessantly throughout his apartment, piercing through a rather pleasant dream Kyungsoo was having. It doesn't ease up even as he screams out I'M COMING as he's running to the door, not even bothering to turn on the lights. It's a quarter past three in the morning and he only knows of one person who can drop in at such an ungodly hour.

 

"Jesus Christ Baek," he curses once he opens the door.

 

Baekhyun doesn't seem to hear him, still pressing the buzzer repeatedly to the tune of a popular girlgroup song and simultaneously wiggling his hips.

 

"Dude, you're not in the ing club anymore," he says, grabbing his hands and helping him inside. He reeks of smoke and alcohol and strong perfume and Kyungsoo scrunches his nose.

 

"Oh hey bestbud!!" Baekhyun's voice is a bit slurred and he's leaning all of his dead weight on Kyungsoo that the latter struggles to remove his shoes for him.

 

"Tonight was awesome! 'would've been even more awesome if you'd been there. The other guys missed you, I miss you," he mumbles and proceeds to make kissy faces at Kyungsoo.

 

"Yeah I know, I had a really bad headache remember? Which incidentally is coming back." He leads Baekhyun to the bedroom, huffing tiredly when they get there and seats the drunk on his bed.

 

He turns on the bedside lamp then moves to his closet to find him a change of clothes and calls over his shoulder, "Wait, did you drive?"

 

"Nah, hailed a cab. Told him to drive me here 'cause it's closer, and 'cause you take good care of drunk Baek."

 

He returns with a cotton shirt and pajamas which he throws on the bed to help Baekhyun get out of his stinky clothes and put on the clean ones. The dirty clothes are tossed on the floor and he'll have to instruct Jongin tomorrow to wash them separately in the machine.

 

Baekyun, drunk as he is, obligingly crawls under the blanket and Kyungsoo gets in after him, turning the light off. He hears him mumble "g'night 'soo" followed by soft snoring. He looks at his friend and even through the darkness, can see him sleeping with his mouth wide open. He sighs and replies a soft goodnight before going to sleep.

 

______________

 

When Jongin arrives, Baekyun is still sleeping, unattractively so, slack-jawed and drooling on his good pillow, so he asks him if he can keep it down for Baekhyun's sake.  Jongin glances at the open bedroom and nods quickly.

 

Kyungsoo's preparing breakfast when Baekhyun stumbles out of the bedroom, hands holding his head and groaning loudly. He goes to the couch and sags gracelessly into it.

 

Jongin greets him a cheerful good morning as he passes by but Baekhyun groans louder, saying, "Not so loud Jongin, geez" and turns over so he's hiding his face on the cushion. Jongin just chuckles and goes to wipe the windows. Kyungsoo spares a glance in his direction and god he looks so good in a simple red shirt, the light through the window landing softly against his face.

 

He might have just stood there, ogling him like some disgusting creep, if not for the string of curse words from Baekhyun jerking him out of it.  Sometimes Baekhyun unknowingly does him favors, as best friends are prone to do. So he pulls himself together and focuses on the french toast frying perfectly on the pan.

 

Baekhyun keeps grumbling, annoyingly loud, which makes Kyungsoo shout, "YOU LOOK LIKE " deliberately at the top of his voice just to torture him.

 

"ing hell Kyungsoo! Ugh, my head is splitting in half. In threes. Into tiny tiny pieces."

 

Laughing, Kyungsoo turns off the stove and flips the bread onto three plates. He takes two and goes to the couch, ordering Baekhyun to scooch over so he can sit next to him.

 

“Here,” he says a little too kindly and hovers the plate before his nose. Baekhyun smiles as he slowly gets up. “My favorite! Aw Kyungsoo, thank you,” he replies, taking the plate and quickly kisses him on the cheek.

 

Baekhyun has always been the affectionate type and Kyungsoo, the tolerant one, and with the years spent together, such candid show of affection has become commonplace.

 

Kyungsoo ruffles his hair fondly and proceeds to eat, asking about the night before, and Baekhyun eagerly dishes out on who got wasted, who drunk-danced on the pole and who made out with who. Kyungsoo stops listening for a few seconds to tell Jongin that his breakfast is on the table and goes back to listening to juicy gossip.

 

Once they’re done,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter