Promised To You

Promised To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

here's some yoonseok before you start reading :>

 

Title: Promised To You

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: YoonSeok

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Slight Angst

 

"Hyung!"

Little Hoseok yelled as he ran into Yoongi's room, right hand waving a piece of pink paper around. Little Yoongi looked up from his seat on the carpet in the middle of the room. He had been playing with a toy camera while waiting for Hoseok to come over.

"Yoongi hyung, look!" Little Hoseok exclaimed happily with a wide smile, shoving the paper in front of Yoongi's face.

"What is it?" Little Yoongi asked, taking the paper and holding it away so he could actually see what was on it.

"It's our marry contract." Little Hoseok said proudly.

On the light pink paper, written in Hoseok's childish handwriting, was indeed a ‘marry contract’ as Hoseok called it. Complete with signature spaces and all.

Marry Contract
Jung Hoseok will only marry Min Yoongi.
Min Yoongi will only marry Jung Hoseok.


Hoseok's scribble of a signature was already on the bottom.

"Do you even know what a contract is?" Little Yoongi asked, putting the paper down and looking at Hoseok.

"My umma said it's just a pinky promise written on paper. So you can't break your promise hyung." Little Hoseok said with a grin.

"But I haven't signed it yet. It only works if I sign it." Little Yoongi replied with a mischievous smile.

Little Hoseok whined cutely, shuffling over to hug Yoongi round the waist. He looked up at the elder with big eyes and a pout.

"You have to sign it! Don't you love me, hyung?"

Little Yoongi laughed as he hugged Hoseok back. "Of course I do."

With that little Yoongi got up to find a pen and then proceeded to scribble his signature on the paper, right next to Hoseok's. As soon as Yoongi was done, little Hoseok took the paper, folded it and stuck it in his pocket. 

"You can't break your promise hyung."

Little Yoongi pecked little Hoseok on the cheek, smiling at him.

"I won't."

~

15 Years Later

Hoseok had a tiny pout on his face as he sipped his lychee milk tea, chin resting on his left hand. Sitting opposite him was Yoongi and Junhyuk, Yoongi's boyfriend. They had ordered a large pearl black tea and were currently sharing it in the lovey dovey way couples do. Hoseok sighed as he turned away, opting to stare out the window instead of looking at the scene that was hurting his heart. Why did the couple even bother inviting him if he was just going to end up third wheeling.

"Hoseok." 

Hoseok was snapped out of his thoughts by Yoongi's call. Hoseok turned to see a stranger sliding into the chair next to him. 

"Hoseok, this is one of my friends. I think you two would get along." Junhyuk introduced the newcomer. 

So this is why they invited me, Hoseok thought. To set me up with someone. Hoseok sighed once again and looked at Yoongi, who gave him an encouraging smile. Hoseok frowned back since the other knew he wasn't looking for anyone at the moment. 

There was only one person Hoseok wanted but unfortunately that person was taken.


 


A few days later Hoseok was lingering outside the main entrance of his and Yoongi's university because the latter had promised to go home together. It has been a while since Hoseok got to spend time with Yoongi alone. Actually ever since Yoongi started dating Junhyuk four months ago, Hoseok hardly saw Yoongi, because apparently Junhyuk didn't like Yoongi spending too much time with Hoseok. Hoseok scoffed just at the ridiculous thought. Junhyuk definitely wasn't right for Yoongi if he couldn't tolerate Yoongi's friendship with Hoseok.

It was already fifteen minutes past the time they were supposed to meet when Yoongi finally showed up. Hoseok knew Yoongi liked being punctual so it couldn't have been his fault. Must be Junhyuk again, Hoseok thought bitterly. 

Yoongi was out of breath and took a few seconds to recover. "Hey Hoseok, sorry I'm late. Junhyuk-"

"It's okay hyung." Hoseok said quickly with a smile.

Yoongi shot a smile back and the pair started walking to the bus stop. They didn't talk but neither of the boys minded. It was nice just to be in the presence of each other and after being best friends for basically their wholes lives, there probably wasn't much left they haven't talked about anyways. They were on the bus and almost at Hoseok's stop when Yoongi spoke up.

"So what did you think of Junhyuk's friend the other day?"

At the mention of that day, Hoseok suddenly felt annoyance rise up in his chest. He crossed his arms and turned to Yoongi with a scowl.

"Hyung, you know I'm not looking for anyone right now." 

Yoongi nodded slowly while responding. "I know Hoseok. But wouldn't it be nice to find someone to love?"

Hoseok huffed in frustration. "It would be nice if the person I loved returned my feelings."

Yoongi remained silent as Hoseok gathered his things, the bus pulling up to the latter's stop. Just before Hoseok got off he said one last thing, pain filling every word.

"It hurts a lot, hyung."

 


Over the next week, Hoseok was really busy and hardly had time to talk to any of his friends or family. It was that time of the semester when all his assignments were due and tests were right round the corner. Everyday was just; get up, go to university, come home, do his work or study and then sleep. The stress was piling up and Hoseok knew he was going to crack if he didn't relieve it.

So he decided to give himself one day of rest where he wouldn't do any work or study. Instead, after classes Hoseok made his way to one of the university's dance studios. He was happy to find it free, probably due to the fact it was a Friday night and everyone else was out partying or something. Hoseok connected his phone to the speakers, his upbeat dance music coming on loud. And so for the next few hours Hoseok let loose to dance his stress away. By the time Hoseok was too tired to dance anymore it was already late, around 9pm. 

With a content sigh Hoseok made his way back home. On the way back, Hoseok made a small detour to pick up some dinner. He was walking through the park near his apartment building when familiar blonde hair caught his eyes. Hoseok tilted his head in confusion as he walked over to the bench Yoongi was sitting on. As soon as he was close enough though, Hoseok heard quiet sobs coming from the other boy, which sent him into a state of worry.

Hoseok ran the last few steps, putting his stuff on the ground as he dropped down next to Yoongi. Hoseok immediately wrapped his arms around the other, hugging him tightly. He stayed like that for a second before speaking.

"Yoongi hyung, what's wrong?"

Yoongi shook his head as he turned to bury his face into Hoseok's chest. "H-hoseok."

Hoseok ran his hand up and down Yoongi's back soothingly while his other hand the elder's hair. "Hyung I'm here for you. Let's go home, it's cold out here."

Hoseok helped Yoongi up and kept one arm round the other as he walked the short distance up to his apartment. Back in his place, Hoseok put his things on the coffee table and sat Yoongi down on his sofa. He then went to the kitchen and after some shuffling managed to get a hot chocolate together. Hoseok gave it to Yoongi who was calmer now, having stopped shaking from his sobs.

As Hoseok sat next to the elder, watching him drink the hot chocolate, he couldn't help the painful way his heart was squeezing. His hyung looked so devastated and hurt that Hoseok just wanted to beat up whoever did this to his Yoongi. 

When Yoongi finished his drink, he placed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter