Star-Crossed Flower

Narcissus
Please log in to read the full chapter

It started again. The unsatisfied feeling residing in his stomach reared its head, hissing and spitting, causing an uproar as Nichkhun burst into laughter while slinging an arm over the jokester. Nichkhun was his best friend- being that they sometimes spoke English together for comfort, but whenever the Thai man got touchy with Wooyoung, a hot flare of jealousy would spike inside him. As Wooyoung would say witty comments to set others into uncontrollable laughter, Taecyeon had noticed how Wooyoung rarely laughed genuinely at other's jokes. Sure, there was the variety program laugh used, but Wooyoung's black eyes would never twinkle with real mischief as they did in the very scarce moments when Wooyoung was feeling nice and careless enough to open up.

Taecyeon's gaze zeroed in on the younger one's pink lips opening and closing, delightful cheeks hollowing and filling with each syllable. The hair stylists were keeping the observer occupied- fingers raking through his scalp and smoothing down his raven silky hair as Taecyeon could only mope while others were free to stride up to the handsome Thai man and the visually the youngest that were animatedly in a conversation. As the stylists combing his hair struck up a conversation, his concentration and focus were utterly elsewhere- on the cutie with other beasts crowding him and half-blank answers were gifted to the women touching his hair. Normally, Taecyeon wouldn't dare to stare openly- only a few side glances had to suffice from arousing rumors, but this time, if questioned, he could pass it off as wanting to be with his 2PM members too. Cool gel was plastered into his hair, and more words spewed from the older woman's mouth, and it was only manners that prompted replies back to the elder. But from his set state, he could observe how Jun K. immediately went to Nichkhun and attack with sharply drawled Daegu dialect. As the group of five busted a gut laughing, he could tell that the attack succeeded since Nichkhun's arm slid off Wooyoung who was sporting an adorable smirk- one coal black eye smaller than the other. And even from here Taecyeon could hear the abnormally loud, "Right, Wooyoung-ah? I did good, right?" that lowered the said man's chin. Junho was supporting a paper cup filled to the brim with tea as he guffawed, which caused the liquid to swish and slosh to the side with each tremor. Chansung, who was next to the overjoyed red-haired man ogled at the fair brunette with lovely bangs with his owlish eyes- and occasionally ran his hands down Wooyoung's white, cutely oversized sweater that exposed the delectable looking man's collarbone.

The man was looking too adorable- it didn't help that Wooyoung tied with Junho for being the smallest and lightest in 2PM, making them the targets of teasing from adoring members. And Wooyoung looked ravishing- as always- with his milk chocolate brown hair, flat, yet slightly puffy bangs covering his pale forehead: that gave him an even cuter face. His pink lips were full and moist, irresistible cheeks puffed out, and warm eyes downcast. And down his slender neck, the tantalizing collarbones peeked from the milky white sweater that was too big for Wooyoung- completed with skinny jeans that hugged Wooyoung's rather slim legs snuggly. The man sitting on the chair almost groaned. It was so frustrating.Wooyoung probably knew what he was doing, that sly, coy fox; from the way the slender form moved languidly, as if dancing even though not performing... The other members were feeling it too, their hungry eyes scrutinized every move the natural dancer made. And the beast had to grit his gnashed teeth even tighter together to calm his possessive side. The idol who had taken residence in his mind 24/7 finally flittered his tempting, sparkling eyes to the older man, and Taecyeon could feel heat bubbling up inside his chest- the hissing from snakes satisfied from the small, upwards quirk of Wooyoung's lip corner. A delighted wave of positive energy crashed against the sappy part of the rapper, and the frail cages of his otherwise steel heart shook with an earth-shattering tremor. And Taecyeon wanted to leap from his seat right then, grab the naive idiot and rush away from the other predators preying on his sweet Wooyoung...

But as time ticked by on the silver clock hanging precariously on the wall, the man just grit his large teeth and bitingly responded to the women pestering him with edginess stiched into every fiber of his body. With his wholly concern focused on his precious treasure he needed to protect, one curious woman with too much pink lipstick halted from styling his hair and stole looks back and forth from where Taecyeon was staring off into- to where the object of Taecyeon's interest lay. And the woman had the nerve to giggle at him. Taecyeon sharply swiveled his eyes at the offending female before softening his gaze to spare a glance at his precious to make sure the innocent-eyed youth wouldn't see. After insuring the little tibet fox was safely grining an adorable grin, the man with caramel skin and guarded eyes faced the woman again. And he yanked out a celebrity smile- used and reserved specially for cases for when he feels offended but can not show the offense. 

"What is so funny?" while a light, slightly strained laugh was incorprated into his words, Taecyeon himself could hear the underlying tone of annoyance. The chuckling ceased, and her rough hands drifted back to Taecyeon's hair, with the sudden spin of the conversation from her response coloring his smooth tanned face a deep bleet red.

"Sorry dear, but I simply love the fact that a strong type like you will go for the cute ones." Face painted with crimson, his eyes couldn't help themselves- shining with fondness, the black orbs found themselves on the person who had all of his attention- with a truckload of affection ready to be showered upon the petite man. Although his face had turned rosy, a dainty grin wafted to his red lips- a charming look on the rapper. A dreamy glaze passed over Taecyeon's windows to his soul, and he relaxed as the amiable middle-aged woman chuckled. 

The finishing touches on his hair were smoothed into place, and the stylist beamed at the result. A mirror was handed to him, and Taecyeon gazed at his reflection. As he stared at his tan and chiseld, Greek statue-like face, his eyes sharply glanced from side to side, making sure there were no imperfections. One chirpy female giggled at the fully-grown man seemingly admiring himself in a hand mirror, but Taecyeon knew better. Yet he flashed his famous wide-grinned smile, large white teeth flashing. He was going on a variety program with Wooyoung to MC on a show- and he needed to make sure his face was as perfect as can be to again attempt to accomplish his goal yet again. 

"OUT IN THE CAR IN FIVE MINUTES, JANG WOOYOUNG AND OK TAECYEON!!" a loud holler resounded from a bearded man with a navy cap, and the dancer and rapper pulled away from their own groups of predators to walk to the their destination; both raised their left arms to motion a farewell to the noisy 2PM members, who were screaming out cheesy lines, and the stylists, who were still giggling like school girls over a crush. Wooyoung offered a small, unsure smile with a faint eye roll as the duo strolled to the basement, and Taecyeon feasted his eyes upon the mock exasperation with relish. He was willing to take it. If it wasn't fake, he would take it. He ate it all up- a small burning in his veins, and offered his own gift, a genuine grin, all big teeth and gentle eyes that yanked Wooyoung's shy head down. But the fiery blush that complimented the porcelain skin so well could not be hidden- causing the fire inside Taecyeon to roar louder than ever. When the elevator dinged their arrival at the basement level, Taecyeon stared with regret as Wooyoung trudged away to a different black van. After a sigh and a yell from his own manager, Taecyeon ran to his white van that glittered dully compared to Jang Wooyoung's faint smile.

~At the Show

"And now we have the 2PM members- the beastly rapper, Ok Taecyeon, and the Ang-Ang Cutie, Jang Wooyoung!!!" Deafening screams pierced straight through the female MC and she tittered, as Taecyeon confidently strode up the glistening black stairs with a blinding smile that upped the volume of fans screaming. Wooyoung followed him, also donning an adorable beam that had the Hottests screaming so loud that even the same ones screaming squinted their eyes in pain. The female MC grinned in welcome, eyes raking in the glory of the two beastly idols. Wooyoung strolled past Taecyeon, shampoo drifting into the charismatic rapper's nose as the tempting scent slowed his steps. The shorter of the males halted next to the

Please log in to read the full chapter