Never Alone

Never Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and nobody can keep them apart."

 

 

2 am ..

 

Hyukjae couldn’t believe that it was already that late and Donghae hasn’t come home yet. He checked on his mobile phone for the nth time that night and couldn’t help but to disappointed. Not a single message coming from him. He wondered where he could be. He knew he went out with some of his friends again that day. But he didn’t think he’d be out this long. He texted him few hours ago asking him if he’d be coming home anytime soon but he never replied.

 

It was getting frustrating lately, dealing with Donghae. He knew they had an agreement to spend as many as time they have left before the enlistment day with families and friends. But Hyukjae never thought that he’d be spending this much time with his friends instead spending it with him.

 

It was the D-day. The enlistment day. He only had few hours left before dragging himself to the base and all he wanted was to spend the remaining few hours with Donghae. He missed him. A lot. Hyukjae hardly seen him since he spent most of his time with his friends outside. Time didn’t seem to be in their side lately. It’s either he came home late or Donghae did. Although they lived together it was really hard to even say hi in the morning. If people didn’t know better, they would’ve thought that they had been been avoiding each other.

 

Hyukjae was about to drag himself to the living room when he walked pass a mirror. He just had his haircut that day and although he had seen himself so many times in front of a mirror he still couldn’t get to use looking at himself. Goodbye to the fluffy hair. What was left on his head was just nothing but a few millimeter of hair. Hyukjae scoffed as he wondered what would his fans reacted when they saw him with that buzz cut. He knew they always had a thing with his hair. They always think that he had a nice and soft and fluffy hair. It was one of his charm, they say.

 

The man unconsciously smile at his own thoughts. Of course the fans would still love him no matter what. Even if he’s completely bald. But how about Donghae?

 

he wondered what will Donghae say about it. Would he still find him attractive with this cut? Hyukjae didn’t tell him that he had cut his hair that day. He’d be surprised when he gets back. But when will he get back though?

 

Almost frustrated Hyukjae dropped himself down on the sofa. But just as his hand grabbed the remote control and about to switch on the TV he heard the door being open and close soon after. He pushed his body up and turned his head toward the door and there he was. A smile creep on his lips as he sat still motionless, just waiting for Donghae to turn to see him.

 

Calmly and almost audible Donghae took off his shoes and placed them at the rack by the door. Hyukjae was expecting him to go straight away to the living room but he was wrong. He saw how Donghae just stood there, just holding his shoes that were already placed on the rack. From where he sat, Hyukjae could see his side profile clearly. He didn’t do anything but closed his eyes and took deep breaths a few times. What was he doing?

 

“Hae?”

 

Donghae turned his head almost immediately soon as he heard Hyukjae’s voice. It was gentle and calm but yet Donghae couldn’t hide his shock expression on his face. It made Hyukjae almost regret interrupting whatever it was on his head just then. Almost immediately he stood up and walked toward him.

 

“You’re home.” Donghae greet him warmly, hugging him soon as the elder male within his reach. He smiled faintly before landed a kiss on Hyukjae’s cheek. The other male hug him back and peck his cheek.

 

“Have you been crying?” Hyukjae asked as he tasted the slightly salty liquid on his lips. Donghae tried to break free but Hyukjae kept him securely in his arms.  “Donghae?”

 

“No, I’m not. Something gets in my eyes.”

 

He lied. Obviously. Hyukjae could tell instantly. Hyukjae let the man go and he walked toward the living room, dropping the car keys on the desk and made his way to the kitchen.

 

“How was your day?” He asked as he followed him all the way to the kitchen. “Did you have a good time today with your friends?”

 

He didn’t answer.

 

“I had a haircut today.” He said, just in case he didn’t notice because at first he was pretty sure Donghae would make a comment out of it soon as he saw him earlier. He was a bit surprise that Donghae didn’t even said a word and that was pretty odd. Hyukjae waited for few moment for Donghae to say something. Still, he didn’t answer.

 

“Donghae?”

 

“Yeah I notice.” He finally said as he put down the water bottle on the table and stood still on his place without bother to turn around and see the other.

 

“Donghae? what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Are you sure? because .. “

 

“I’m sure, ok?!”

 

Now Hyukjae knew something was definitely wrong. His voice was trembling. And the fact that Donghae didn’t even face him while talking made things more obvious. Slowly Hyukjae walked toward him and hug him from behind, pecking his nape and inhaling his sweet and addicting scent that he missed so much these past few weeks. He was about to say something when Donghae abruptly turn around and hug him tightly. His whole body was shaking hard and Hyukjae knew he was crying.

 

“Baby … “ That was all Hyukjae managed to whisper. He just held h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter