Sweet Mistakes, The JJ Boys & Innocent Romance

Fluff and Choi Youngjae

[OMGOSH. SO. CUTE. SO. LOVABLE.]

 

"Youngjae, where are you?" You snapped on your phone when he finally picked up.

2 weeks before the first practical exam you and Youngjae will ever do in your lives, you decided to meet up for a study session in the library. You were scheduled to meet at five in the afternoon, one hour after school ended so you had time to take a bath in your dormitory before you met up.

You had waited for almost an hour, tapping your fingers impatiently as you watched the door repetitively open and close without a sign of Youngjae. When you decided to call him once 10 minutes had passed, he didn't pick up so you resulted to re-attempting over and over again.

"I'm in the cafeteria," he sounded timid and shocked, like an innocent angel.

"What are you doing there? We were meant to meet up in the library an hour ago!" He didn't say anything for a while, an awkward tension building..

"B-but I thought we were going to meet up in the cafeteria. I'm sorry, Hyerin! I'll be there right now!" You could hear him rummaging and packing his belongings. You could only sigh.

"No, I'll go there. Besides, it's almost dinner," you told him as you grabbed your Jean backpack and collected your books from the table, beginning to walk towards an elevator to the cafeteria which was upstairs on the 3rd floor.

Your boarding school was a very modernised location which extended many miles long. So big that there was trains for every specific location. It resembled a city, the only special school in Korea that it was named 'EduCity of Korea.'

 


 

The dorms were by the north and south ends, rows of endless buildings which consisted of many apartments. The school was located in the centre of the grounds, divided into many tall skyscrapers for each particular subject. Basically, one floor for one class.

You were in the facility scraper but it was much shorter than the other buildings, but much more wider. The first floor, or ground floor, was filled with only elevators to one side and an huge open space like the other buildings. The second floor was the library which carried on to the third floor, the floor you were on. The remaining floors were basically different essential shops and the basic cafeteria. There were many other restaurants and stores to suit many purposes but those were in another building.

Once the elevator reached the third floor, their were three rings, each an octave higher to signal your arrival. The doors opened and the first thing you saw made your eyes widen.

On the ground was the nerdy Youngjae, completing a respectful bow. His head was only centimeters off the ground, his hair gently sweeping it. Utterly confused, you stepped out of the elevator, directly in front of him.

"What in the world are you doing, Youngjae?" You inquired your boyfriend who hadn't seemed to nice your presence. Once he did he yelled his apologies.

"I'm sorry, Hyerin I thought you said cafeteria so I came here instead of the library. I'm sorry for making you wait, please don't break up with me," you could hear him sniffing, meaning that he was weeping. The cafeteria was half filled as it was dinner time so many spectators watched him bow right before your feet. You felt embarrassed so you pulled him up so he would stand up and conversation rather than facing the ground.

You felt like fan-girling the moment you looked at his face. He was so cute, a little trail of snot running down, wet eyes and pouty lips. He held the hem of his black shirt like a little boy. His outfit was super appealing too: three quarter jeans, white sneakers and thick, dark framed glasses.

He was so adorable that you couldn't help it anymore. Letting out a squeal, you pulled him into a hug as you giggled into the crook of his neck.

"So cute. Don't cry," you smiled. Call you a sadist but if anyone were to see Youngjae's face, they would do the same thing. Every action and word he spoke, you couldn't help but love him more. He was irresistible to you.

"What do you want to eat?" You asked him like you were talking the a child, still holding him tightly. You released him and wiped away his tiny tears with your hand.

"I-I thought we were studying?" He asked you, picking up his bag from the floor, offering to take yours too. It was a great bargain so you passed him your bag which rested on one of his shoulders, his own on his other. Taking his hand, you led him to an empty table.

"We can always do it another time. I'll order the food and then we can go night shopping," you winked, turning his body so you faced the bags. Opening the front pocket of yours, you took out a card that resembled a mini, flat calculator with number keys and a screen.

In your boarding school, the way to buy things was to use specially designed cards. You pay with points that you earn from either working or doing good deeds. The screen could tell you your balance and using the number keys, you could store away your points so you wouldn't overuse your balance.

The cafeteria food was free but for only three meals. The other restaurants offered much better quality food but for the price for a few points. You didn't mind the food here, in fact, it was delicious.

After you ordered your food which was a meat burger, neatly wrapped in a disposable paper bag, while Youngjae ordered his, the two of you left the building to head towards the department scraper, filled with thousands of shops to fulfill your desires.

"Youngjae, let's go buy you some new shirts. You always seem to be wearing the same one," you announce your observations to him as you pressed the button on the elevator to the clothes floor. He obediently nodded with no sense of betrayal, simply because he was too absorbed into eating his dinner.

He also didn't care as you were the one who was always keeping his lifestyle in check. When his shoes worn out, you were always the one to decide when to go shoe shopping or when his glasses broke. You were the one who was the reason he was still living cleanly and healthily.

The two of you stepped out of the elevator, heading towards the most familiar shop you were with, 'JYP' as you worked as a cashier there.

"Here," you gave Youngjae the remaining of your food, more than a quarter left. He gave you a frown.

"That's all you're eating? Are you feeling sick, Hyerin?" He asked you, concern evident in his eyes. You shook your head and shoved it into his mouth, forcing him to bite.

"I'm full. Had a few snacks in the library," you answered. He nodded and took the burger of you, finishing it with ease. Growing boys sure had an appetite,

Searching through the racks of men clothes, you picked out some t-shirts that would suit Youngjae while he absent-mindedly followed you by interlocking his arm in yours. As he was a curious child, you were certain he would wonder off so to make sure you didn't lose him, you linked his arm in yours.

"These are pretty," you grinned, putting it against Youngjae, proud of your efforts. He didn't say anything but stared at a poster that was hanging by the windows.

"Is that Hyerin? Yeah, it is! Hyerin!" You heard your name being mentioned so you turned your head to face the spoken direction. Over there was two of your very best friends who shared the same apartment floor as you, Jinyoung and Jaebum, joyfully waving at you.

 

 

You felt elated to see them. Although you all lived on the same floor, the past few days you had been staying in Youngjae's apartment until today. They too had been busy so not much contact had been made.

"Junior! JB!" You called out their secret nicknames, smiling brightly with while returning the same eager wave.

"See you shopping with your boyfriend, hey?" Jinyoung smirked with his heart pumping, signature smile. You nodded, throwing the clothes onto the top of the racks as you gave him a bear hug. You missed them.

"Yo, Youngjae," JB raised a hand, giving him a man pat on the back. Youngjae awkwardly flinched.

"H-hello JaeBum-ssi," he greeted, nervously. Although he had dated you for years, he was never really use to meeting your best friends since long ago.

"Still uncomfortable, hey? You should call me JB!" He hollered, grabbing Youngjae by the neck as he laughed.

He hunched closer, looked at your direction to see you chatting away to Jinyoung. "Hope you are treating my Hyerin nicely," he evilly plastered a defined fake smile onto his face that was far from reaching his eyes. Youngjae gulped and hastily nodded.

"JB, let's go. We're going to miss the movie," Jinyoung called who was already walking away. Jaebum gave a final nod to Youngjae, then letting him go as he skipped towards his friend.

You sighed from the old, fond memories. From the moment you moved in, you guys clicked and now you still continue smiling together. You remember how small and petite they were back in the junior high years but now they were fully grown men, several stories taller than you.

"Youngjae, let's go pay for your clothes," you grabbed your dazed boyfriend's arm who looked lost in his thoughts. Strange, you thought. He looked a little shaken up but maybe you were imagining things.

Taking the many hangers of shirts, you payed at one of the counters, then left the department store with bags filled with Youngjae's clothes.

"Geez," you checked your watch, blown away that it was already a few minutes to a quarter past nine, "I think we should head back," you decided. He didn't comment so you pulled him towards the elevator as you made your way to the apartments.

"I'll stay another night with you," you agreed to yourself. Since you has to take a train back to your apartment and Youngjae's was much closer, it would be easier to stay with him.

Youngjae finally snapped out of his thoughts and you saw a smile make its way onto his face. There wasn't a rule that students couldn't share an apartment. Frankly, the education council didn't care. The only rule needed to be fulfilled was that they arrived at school on time and prepared. Since staying at Youngjae's place was already a common thing you had sets of uniforms in his closet, as well as your necessities. He staying at your place was the same situation, so basically, the both of you had two different homes that you could choose. One was on the north side and the other was on the south. You had the chance to decide which would benefit you more.

When you got to his apartment, the both of you changed into your pyjamas, yours consisting of comfortable shorts and a loose shirt which was in fact Youngjae's.

Washing up, before Youngjae's turn, you hopped onto your foldable mattress next to the King single bed. It was already set up from two nights before. You reached up to Youngjae's nightstand and grabbed the MyScreen to revise your timetable for the proceeding day.

Unnecessary heavy items such as IPads and laptops were long gone in Korea. Now in the future, even a thin piece of glass was used as a MyScreen. All you had to do was call the shop up and they'll send it right away. Much more portable with different functions, the modern world was surely different from the past.

"Youngjae, we have literature, mathematics and general sciences together," you told the man who came out of the shower, drying his hair with a towel. He nodded in response, throwing the used towel into the laundry basket in the corner of the room, you bought it for him when you couldn't stand the mess of clothes on the floor, leaning in so he could see.

"Urgh," he unexpectedly groaned. You turned to face him and giggled when you saw him pull a strange face. "First class at 9. Guess we have to wake up early to get a meal." You hummed, putting the screen back onto the nightstand.

"Hyerin, you sleep on my bed. I'll take the mattress," he said in a commanding voice. You giggled and jumped onto his bed. You couldn't believe how kind of a man you met. Youngjae was not only cute but always selfless when it came to you. You loved him so much.

Your boyfriend sat on your bed, putting his glasses on the nightstand, next to the screen. His eyes were so doe-like and adorable. You couldn't help yourself, again, but squeal as you took a peck on your lips before snuggling into the bed, throwing the blanket over you. You laughed, thinking of how Youngjae would look like right now. Would he be flustered? Tomato red? Surprised? All the thoughts suddenly drowned in, making you sleepy.

"Night," he whispered, turning off the lamplight. You felt his hand caress your hair before rustling, meaning he had tucked himself into bed.

"Night," you replied, already dozing away.

 

 

[ HALLLOOOOO!!!!! It's been, forevar since I updated ANYTHING. So I'm hoping you'll forgive me :P . Seriously, I've been having a writer's block and I'm also working on different things in life.

Anyways, I know this was meant to be like, a one-shot with only one chapter but I couldn't help myself XD ! I love Youngjae too much!! If you're wondering, I guess this could be some sort of continuation from last chapter because Youngjae's still the nerd and it's the same setting. 

Man, isn't JB and Junior so cute from their first febut XD ! Gosh, I still remember how much I LOVED JB.

Xoxo,

Exoinspire ]