the library.

Φόβος (Fear) [HIATUS]

After a few days of her arrival in the town that she will now live, Seulgi was lucky enough to land a job, it wasn’t much since she was still a part-timer but it was a decent one despite the fact that she hates books, not the kind of books that you see in the school library but the kind of books that has a genre, anything that can relate to the thing that she hate the most aside from books, her fear. Moving from place to place was not new to her, never really finding the place that she really wanted to stay.

Her scheduled time was one pm to six pm, it suited her just well since she’s not a morning person and would usually wake up around ten in the morning, working as a librarian has its own advantage and disadvantages especially if you’re assigned at that time every weekdays.


She was arranging books on each shelf, that’s part of her job that needs to be fulfilled. While arranging, she notice a lady probably on the same age as her having trouble in carrying the books she chose, it was around five books with thick pages, she approached her. “I think you need some help, here.” She handed the girl the rolling cart she was using to arrange the books. The girl looked at her and slightly smiled before bowing her head. “Thank you.” She glances at Seulgi’s name tag. “Seulgi.” She nodded and went back to the counter.

The main door in the library opened and a guy entered, he went straight to the counter where Seulgi was and stood there. “Sign up here.” Seulgi handed him of what seems to be a logbook, he took it and started signing it. “Here you go.” He said and handed it back to her, she was a bit surprise hearing his voice; it was deep and different from his appearance. He had the baby face look. “Do tell if you need any help, Mr. Kim Taehyung.”

Quickly grabbing a book randomly, Taehyung looked around the library, there weren’t a lot of people and he liked it. He went to the farthest table and sat there, he was going to sleep. He doesn’t even like reading; he’s just finding a place where there is no noise, no laughter. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to face the person.

“Excuse me, you can’t sleep here.” The girl said while having a straight face. “Why? Do they have a sign here that says I can’t sleep here?” Taehyung raised his eyebrow while looking at the girl. “I think it’s understandable that this is a place for reading.” She answered back at him. “Do you even work here? I think you don’t.” He stood up while crossing his arms.


As soon as Hongbin entered the library, he felt that regretful feeling that he shouldn’t have just visit the place, he’s here for more than an hour already and saw nothing interesting, well, until he notice two people standing at the farthest part in the library, he thought they were fighting. “Maybe he found out that she was pregnant.” He said to himself, earning a chuckle from himself as well.

Seulgi heard voices that were too loud, she sighed and gritted her teeth. “Oh goodness, what is that noise all about?” She clicked a button that was supposed to alert the people in the library to be silent; Jinri heard it and looked at the guy. “Look, I’m sorry but I think you should just go home so you can sleep there instead of here.” She pointed out but the guy shook his head. “I think you should leave.”

Hongbin decided to tell the librarian assigned, he stood up and quickly went to her. “There’s some fight going on there. You should take a look.” He watched as the girl’s expression changed into an annoyed one, he followed her as they went to the noise.

“What is going on here?” Seulgi raised her tone a bit so that they can hear it; the two looked at her, with Hongbin stopping a few steps away from the scene. Seulgi saw the same girl she helped, “He was about to sleep in here. People go here so they can read, not sleep.” Taehyung shrugged. “Alright fine, I just didn’t thought it will be like this. I shouldn’t have visited this place.” He rolled his eyes and walk past Seulgi, he took a glance at Hongbin as well while he was walking out of the library. “I’m so sorry for the scene we just did.” Jinri bowed. “I’m just glad that it was settled out well. What is your name? I always see you around here.” Seulgi said. “I’m Choi Jinri.”

Hongbin was about to leave as well when Seulgi called for him. “Hey! Uh, thanks for informing me about the incident, by the way.” He smiled showing off his dimples and nodded. “No problem.” He then left after that. “I’m still allowed to borrow books right?” Jinri looked at Seulgi with a hopeful expression, “Of course, you can still borrow books.”


After borrowing books, Jinri was already outside the local library, she stared at the sky and sensing that it was getting dark, she quickly hailed a cab heading home, upon arriving at her apartment, she rushed to the switch and turned the lights on all over the place, she heaved a sigh of relief. “That was close.”