Marshmallow Kwon Returns

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Appa, is Eomma's work too far?" Yongdu ran towards the safety fence that divides the dining room and the kitchen. It's only six in the morning but the triplets are already up and full of energy, ready to see their mom who wasn't able to come home last night because she had to shoot some important scenes.

 

Yongdu scratched his head when he did not get an answer from his busy dad and asked once more. "Appa! Is Eomma's work very very far??? Appa! Appa!"

 

"Yes, it's a bit far that's why we need to prepare," Jiyong answered, still busying himself in the kitchen. He was cooking a special meal for Dara on one stove, the triplets breakfast on the other.

 

"Yongdu mitt eomma very very much,"

 

Jiyong smiled and turned to his son. He ruffled Yongdu's hair and popped a piece of egg roll onto the boy's mouth. "Eomma will definitely be surprised to see you, boys," Jiyong said, deeply touched that Yongdu thinks of his mom too.

 

"Yummy," Yongdu's attention was suddenly on the eggroll in his mouth. "Appa, it's deliciout,"

 

"What's delichoot?" Yongse threw his toy away upon hearing the word from his brother. "Appa! Yongte want tumthing delichoot too!"

 

Yong il did not say a word when he approached the two but then his eyes were on Yongdu's chewing mouth. He tried to pop his brother's mouth open but Yongdu just avoided him.

 

"Appa! Yongdu had it! Yong il want it too!" Yong il's face frowned.

 

"Appa! Yongte too!"

 

"Okay, wait there, boys. I'm going to give you your meal,"

 

"Appa, Yongdu mittet eomma. Can Yongdu get another bite?" Yongdu asked to Jiyong's surprise.

 

Yongse eyed Yongdu sharply and before he knew it, Yongse was already opening both of his hands to ask him food.

 

"Appa, Yongte too! Yongte mittet eomma even more than Yongdu! I want a bite too!"

 

"Appa, me too! Me too! I want to tee eomma to bad!" Yong il opened his hands too making Jiyong laugh at the three helplessly.

 

"Geez, you guys, really..." Jiyong just shook his head and gave them one piece each. He then unlocked the fence and made them sit on their chairs one by one. He went back to preparing the three's bowls and went on shaking his head, unable to believe his sons' wits.

 

"Appa, will we go to a palace later?" Yongdu asked.

 

"Yes we will."

 

"Whoa. It Eomma a queen, appa?" Yong il asked. Jiyong handed them their food and Yongdu and Yongse immediately started digging in, while Yong il eagerly waited for an answer.

 

"Of course! She's our queen, right?"

 

"Then appa is a King then?"

 

"Hmm... You could say that," he chuckled and gobbled up his sandwich. "Eat up, Yong il ah. We're gonna be late,"

 

Yong il turned to his meal and Jiyong was about to pack the food he prepared when Yongse suddenly interrupted.

 

"Appa, Yong il, Yongdu, Yongte then are printet, wight?"

 

"Yes, you are."

 

"But why no princess?" Yongdu, the fluent talker asked.

 

"Soon... Soon you'll have a younger sister."

 

"And that makes her a princess!" Yongdu excitedly clapped his hands. “Appa when are we going to have a little princess here?”

 

“Hmm… Depends on when your eomma will take a break from her work.”

 

 

“I weally don’t like eomma working,” Yongse suddenly frowned and pouted. Jiyong pinched his cheeks when he saw the boy.

 

 

“You are not alone, Yongse-ah. You’re not alone.”

 

 

"But why aren't we living in a palat?" Yongse asked again, obviously still not done with his royalty questions.

 

"Uhh... This house is our own palace," Jiyong answered but it only made Yongse wonder even more. The boy scrunched his brows and sat back like a boss thinking.

 

"If that it to, then why is eomma in a diffewent palat right now?"

 

“Eommo!” Yong il dropped his fork and suddenly panicked. “Appa! We should wescue eomma! She must be taken by a monster!”

 

“Yong il is wight!” Yongdu agreed to his older brother and raised his fork up as if it was a sword. “We need to rescue eomma!!!”

 

 

Jiyong could just drop his mouth and turn around at the camera men who couldn't prevent themselves from grinning.

 

"Ah that..." Jiyong pursed his lips and tried to find an answer. "Oh, please! Calm down kids! That... That is because... Eomma is just visiting that palace. But this is where she really lives of course. She will come home with us later."

 

Yongse nodded in satisfaction with his dad's answer and went back to his meal. Jiyong then decided to  go upstairs to get the triplets' costumes first and to go get changed. When he went down, the three were already done with their food.

 

"Good boys," he shuffled their hair proudly and kissed them. "Now let me get you changed so we could enter the palace, okay?"

 

*********************

 

"CUT!"

 

Dara immediately stepped back and lowered her head after a kissing scene with Soohyuk. She had the urge to wipe his lips, not that she was disgusted, but because something in her screams that even if it was just her job, it was still wrong. She could only sigh, not wanting to be rude and make Soohyuk misunderstand.

 

"Noona, are you alright?" Soohyuk asked and she just smiled and nodded. Soon the make-up artists and stylists were flocking around them. Soohyuk went to another part of the site to film another scene while she was on a short break.

 

"Good thing Jiyong-shi doesn't even think of visiting the set," her manager chuckled as he approached her. "I mean it's a relief he just drops by to pick you up. Hell's gonna break loose if he gets to see how many takes it gets just to perfect a kissing scene."

 

Dara smiled in response once more. It was another half-hearted one. Her manager was right. Everyone in YG knows how protective Jiyong could get. Even so, still, she wanted to show Jiyong what she's been doing and now was the only chance to do that since few years back they couldn't even be seen together because they had to avoid scandals and rumors. They constantly had to bring friends with them and go around in groups just so the media wouldn't notice.

 

But then, after all these years she realized, there was one aspect in their respective lives that seemed untouchable- it's their own jobs. They have given each other a sense of space when it comes to their jobs. She doesn't even meddle with his business and properties. She doesn't even attend business dinners with him even if he asks her to. Sometimes it was because she felt she was lacking, most of the time she felt shy, but the fear that she might just hinder him or make him feel inconvenient was greater and it always pulls her back to her feet. She will never forgive herself if her presence would just block his way to success.

 

She suddenly felt guilty for feeling bad towards him when he refused to check out the filming set. She was plain selfish to just think of herself knowing that her husband, opposed to what he used to show to people and on stage, was really shy towards people he hasn't met yet. She sighed and found herself clutching her bulky skirt, limping down her seat weakly, as a sudden throb in her head started to annoy her.

 

"Do you have any medicine for headache?" she asked her manager.

 

"Oh, wait, let me get it," her manager ran quickly into their van. She decided to re-read her script for the next scene as soon as she was able to take a pill. Soon after, she found herself talking to the stuntmen who will help her in her fight scenes.

 

She was still engrossed rehearsing the action scenes though she was still in her pretty hanbok. Her next costume was still being prepared though that gives her a short break before filming her next scene, she couldn't just sit down while everyone is busy around her. She was swinging her sword swiftly with her tiny arms when she heard the assistant director call some staff to assist her.

 

"Noona, I think your costume is ready. You can go to the dressing room now so we can film the next scene." one of the staff informed her.

 

She nodded and dropped her sword. They were halfway near the dressing room when she saw her manager running towards the parking lot.

 

"Where is he going?"

 

"Ah... I don't know? Come unnie. We need to hurry,"

 

Dara wondered as she went with the staffs. She turned around once more and saw more and more people running towards the same direction her manager took. Though curious, she decided to just ignore it. She hasn't slept for more than two hours and they have been filming overnight. She wanted to finish as soon as possible and she was looking forward to go home, get some rest and spend time with her boys before meeting their friends tomorrow.

 

Feeling better at that thought, she went into her dressing room only to find a big surprise, which was only the start of something even bigger.

 

**********************

 

Few minutes ago...

 

Huddled in the corner, their eyes following the movements of the curious people around them, the triplets were almost close to crying. Jiyong went back to the parking lot to thank the staff who delivered the tons of flowers he ordered for Dara, leaving the three in the hands of the ROS staff but moments after, the movie crew flocked around them one by one, wanting to get a glimpse of the triplets.

 

"Appa... Appa~!!!" Yongse shouted at the top of his lungs. "Appa!!!"

 

The three blinked at the flashing camera lights. Yongdu smiled instantly but upon remembering their dad was not there, he shook his head and frowned . "Noona... Hajima," Yongdu bit his lip and held onto Yongse while Yong il crawled forward to block his brothers protectively. "We want our appa juteyo! Call appa juteyo!"

 

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" It was Jiyong who came rushing back. "Boys, it's alright. Calm down. Dad's back!"

 

"Appa!!!"

 

"Aigoo, they are good noonas and hyungnims. Why are you afraid? Huh?" Jiyong hugged his sons. The security started to arrive and even Seungri was there. He explained the situation briefly to the staff and soon, only a few people were left inside the room.

 

"Hyung! I'll wait by the food truck! Noona will get suspicious if she sees me." Seungri said.

 

"Thanks for your help! We will get there shortly!" Jiyong said before he finally closed the door and faced his sons once more.

 

"Appa, is eomma really here?" Yongdu asked, looking around the flower filled room.

 

"Yes. Don't you trust appa?" Jiyong asked but three still doubted. Yongse was his pointer finger as he checked out the sets of clothes Jiyong was holding.

 

"What it thit, appa?"

 

"Ah... You are going to wear this!"

 

"Andwae!" Yongse started to run away, scared by the black and gold garbs. "That itcary!!!"

 

"Yah!" Jiyong laughed at his son and switched gaze to the garbs and back to the triplets. "What's scary with these? These are princes' garbs!"

 

"Itcary! Itcary!"

 

"Yah! Come here!"

 

"Don't we get that pwince cottume like that pwince in the little mermaid or itnow white at leat?" Yong il asked.

 

Jiyong dropped his jaw in realization. He ran his palm down his face and having had realized he got no one to talk to but the ROS crew and some YG staff, he faced them and laughed at the situation.

 

"This is going to be the first time they're going to try this costume since their first birthday. They know how a prince from a fairytale looks like more than a prince in our own country!" Jiyong's shoulder was shaking while laughing, not even sure if it's funny or plain ridiculous. He faced his sons once more and gathered them around him.

 

"Hey, kids. Listen..." he told them and the three looked at him attentively. "Those princes you've seen in the books... Those in fairytales that appa and eomma have read you... They were not the kind of princes in our country. Those are princes from a far away land,"

 

"Lies..." Yongdu said, obviously disappointed. "Appa don't lie. Eomma will spank you because lying is bad!" Yongdu hit the air with his palm as if mimicking how their mom would spank their dad.

 

" I'm not lying!" Jiyong felt bad that his sons were disappointed but at the same time, he couldn't control himself from laughing at their priceless expression. They looked like they have been cheated al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter