Where all the trouble began...

The Inevitable

Sooyoung's POV

Coming out of our first class, Jessica and I headed directly to our lockers, which were conveniently near each other. I got my lunch out and tried reaching for my book for my history class, but I was carrying too many things. I put down my lunch bag on the floor and put up things I didn't need and got books that I needed. I was about to reach for my lunch again, but even before my fingertips touch my lunch bag, it was harshly kicked out of my reach, across the floor. 

"You're the nerd from this morning." I looked up and saw a tall blonde girl smirking at me. I realized she was one of the Yuri's new underlings. 

The juniors were all usually nicer than Yuri, but this one was stinking of desperation. This junior probably was desperate for compliments from Yuri herself, or she must be thinking that picking on me would make her more popular. 

Sooyoung just sighed, and was about to get her lunch again, but the girl grabbed her tie and pulled her up, she was taller than Sooyoung by a bit. She cockily took a look around her, and then back at Sooyoung. "You're a bit nerdier than I remembered this morning."

"Hey! Let go of her!!"Jessica noticed after the tall blonde girl started talking. Jessica stood close to Sooyoung, but didn't touch the blonde, afraid that it might set off the taller blonde girl. The girl glanced at Jessica with a raised eyebrow.

"Who are you? Her girlfriend?" Before Sooyoung or Jessica answered, she turned back to Sooyoung with a smirk. "I didn't know that you were a lesbian." 

Before she could say anything else a voice spoke up, "Is that wrong?"

The tall blonde girl looked behind her and saw one of her seniors leaning on the lockers with an unreadable expression. 

"N-No...I just thought...She...well...um...uh..." Sooyoung held back a giggle as she found the junior's stuttering to be amusing. The tall girl noticed and pulled on her tie bringing the tall brunette closer to her face. "What's so funny, geek?" She was a bit taken back as she saw Sooyoung's eyes, but barely shrug it off. "You-"

"Nana! What on earth do you think you're doing?" Taeyeon pushes through the crowd and grabs the tall blonde's hand that was holding onto Sooyoung's tie. 

"Putting this girl in her place." Nana said confused about her senior's actions. 

"Nana, being on the basketball team, doesn't mean you're a bully. Also, you’re being disrespectful to a third year, a senior. Apologize." Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung with an apologetic smile. 

Nana looked at Yuri for defense, because her senior was being mean to the tall brunette, earlier this morning. "Don't look at me, Taeyeon's always right." Yuri said as she ran a hand through her hair.  

Nana hung her head low, feeling bad as her senior scolded her. What made her feel worse was her favorite senior, Yuri, was just watching while leaning lazily on the lockers. 

"I'm sorry." The tall blonde said quietly. 

"Say it properly, while looking at the person." Taeyeon reprimanded the junior. 

"T-That's okay, Taeyeon-ssi, she wasn't really that bad..." Nana looked up in surprise as she saw the girl that she was picking on just a few minutes ago defend her. 

"No it's not, Sooyoung." Nana turned and saw the tall brunette's girlfriend wrap an arm around Sooyoung's arm. 

"Nana." Taeyeon said more firmly. 

Nana looked into Sooyoung eyes and only saw gentleness, which confused her. Sooyoung had a small smile like she was saying, ‘it’s fine.’ She bowed and looked at the tall brunette. "I'm Sorry." 

Sooyoung smiled and bowed back, "Its fine."

 Nana wasn’t sure how to respond, if it was her she would probably take advantage of what happened, especially if she was a senior. She just bowed again and confusedly walked away. ‘Why is she being so nice?’  

Taeyeon shook her head at the blonde girl and turned back to Sooyoung. She bowed deeply, apologizing for her junior.

Yuri was still leaning on the lockers but watched as Taeyeon apologized. She put on a face of boredom, even though she was also feeling apologetic towards the girl. She was probably the reason why Nana picked on her, she knew it was the result of being rude to Sooyoung in the morning. But instead of looking at Sooyoung, she kept her gaze on her best friend.

Sooyoung was looking at Taeyeon but as the shorter girl bowed, she was met with Yuri’s bored face. While noticing Yuri, Sooyoung thought, ‘Mhmm…She changed a lot.’ She was snapped out of her thoughts once she heard Taeyeon’s apologies, which she thought was not really needed.

Sooyoung blushed and said, “Its fine…really, Taeyeon-ssi.”

She gently grabbed her arm and made her stop bowing.

“No it’s not, Sooyoung!” Jessica scolded her best friend. “Things like that, shouldn’t be okay.”

“Yeah, I agree with Jessica. What Nana did was really unacceptable. Maybe I should consider kicking her off the basketball team.” Taeyeon said as she agreed with Jessica.

“No, Taeyeon, you can’t do that!” Yuri finally spoke and stood next to Taeyeon.

Jessica raised an eyebrow and glared. “Why the hell not?”

Yuri sent a quick glare back, and looked at all three of them. “Look, the kid might have made a mistake, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t give her a second chance. Plus, I’m the captain, so you can’t make any rash decisions without my permission.”  

“You just want to keep her on the team.” Jessica snapped. Sooyoung touched her arm gently, subtly trying to calm Jessica down.

“Of course, Nana has potential, and she only did that because I was being moody this morning, and took it out on Sooyoung.” Yuri turned to Sooyoung. “Sorry about that…” She mumbled unable to look at Sooyoung, having trouble apologizing.

No wait…she’s the same as before.’ Sooyoung smiled and shook her head. “Apology accepted, and Yuri-ssi is right.” She looked at Taeyeon and Jessica. “Taeyeon-ssi, you shouldn’t make such a brash decision just because of one mistake, it might cost you the season. And Jessica, I’m not saying it’s okay, but Nana is just a first year, she has time to learn, plus if I just let her get punished she won’t be able to learn. She’ll be too busy hating me, because I’ll be the reason she was kicked off.”

Yuri was looking thankfully at Sooyoung, but she couldn’t help but think, ‘Yuri-ssi?

Sooyoung got her lunch from Jessica, took out her history book, and put her lunch in her locker.

“This has been fun, not to be rude or anything, but the bell just rang.” Sooyoung said as she held Jessica’s hand. “See you around.” She said with a small smile, and left dragging Jessica along.

“Bye…” Taeyeon said as the two girls left. After Yuri snapped out of her thoughts and laughed at her best friend’s lovesick expression.

Yuri patted Taeyeon’s shoulder, “You know, I think Sooyoung might be oblivious to feelings of affection towards her, because even though your ‘in-love’ aura is close to making me blind, she seems to have no clue. And I’m pretty sure, even her girlfriend can sense it too.”

Taeyeon’s shoulders slumped as she looked at Yuri. “What should I do?”

“What do you mean?” Yuri raised an eyebrow.

“I’m always nice to her, and I defend her when she needs it…What else can I do?” Taeyeon said in a sulking manner.

Yuri shook her head, and put a hand on her short friend’s shoulder. “My dear friend, you might’ve not noticed, but you’re nice to everyone.”

Taeyeon pouted. “I am not.”

Yuri chuckled at her best friend’s reaction. “Tell me a time when you weren’t being nice to a person.” She crossed her arms and waited with a knowing look.

Taeyeon scratched her head and thought for a second. “Um…t-there was this one time where I pushed someone out of the way.”

“Yeah,” Yuri agreed with a smirk, “then you stopped ‘cause you felt bad for pushing her, and you went back to help her to her feet.”

Taeyeon frowned, “I didn’t think you would remember that part...Fine, I guess I’m somewhat subconsciously nice to people.” She said with a defeated sigh.

Yuri put an arm around her friend, and grinned. “Don’t worry, Taengoo. Now that I’ve seen what I’m dealing with, I’m sure I can help you. I mean, that’s what best friends are for, right?”

That put a wide smile on Taeyeon’s face, “I knew I could count on you!!” She hugged Yuri excitedly.

They took their time as they walked to their second class of the day.

Jessica’s POV:

“I can’t believe you still like her.” I told my best friend.

“I can’t help it, plus she helped…sort of.” She said defensively.

I raised my eyebrow in disbelief. “She was just leaning on the lockers, looking like she was super bored.”

She shook her head. “That’s just her façade, but she’s probably feeling different. I know her, I used to go to elementary and middle school with her.”

My jaw dropped, and my eyes widened. “You mean to tell me, you’ve liked her that long?!”

I saw a light shade of pink spread on her cheeks as she shook her head. “N-No…I only found out I liked her f-freshman year.” 

“It’s unbelievable how hard you’re trying to defend her.” I said with a small frown.

Sooyoung’s POV:

“It’s not that I’m defending her, it’s just…she’s right…punishing the kid won’t do any good.” I reasoned, I really wasn’t on Yuri’s side, I was on Nana’s side. The junior was just trying to impress her senior, I don’t blame her, if I had someone I looked up to, I would do the same. I probably won’t pick on them, but I would definitely try all that I can to impress.

Jessica shook her head. “You are on her side…and it’s only because you like her.”

“I am no-” Sooyoung started, but was interrupted by the door opening.

“Good Morning students, please get out your textbooks.” The teacher said as she set her books on the table in the front of the class.

“We’ll finish this talk later.” Jessica said as she turned back to the front.

I sighed and turned around. Even though it’s true that I don’t really like her, I still have some sort of soft spot for Yuri.

The rest of the school day went by without any more disturbances from anyone.

Jessica and I were at our last class, but I need to use the restroom.

“Hey I’m gonna go ahead, and go to the bathroom. I’ll just meet you at the gate.” I told her in a hurry, because I really needed to go. I left the room without hearing her response.

I quickly walked to the bathroom, and went into a stall. I let out a contented sigh as I came out of a stall. “That feels better.”

I walked to the sinks and thoroughly washed my hands. When I turned around, a figure almost as tall as me was leaning against the bathroom wall.

I walked to the paper towel dispenser so I could dry my hands. I wasn’t sure what she was planning, but I wasn’t one to judge right away. “Um…” I started.

With a cold look she pushed off the wall and walked towards me. She looked me in the eye, while all I could do was raise my eyebrows in surprise waiting for her to say or do something.

She bowed low and stayed that way as she said, “I’m so sorry, I had time to actually think about what I did. And it was really stupid and wrong of me.”

I couldn’t help that a small smile appeared on my face. I softly chuckled and pulled her up from her bow. “Nana…I told you it was okay, when you apologized earlier.”

“No, I didn’t mean it earlier, but now I do.” She said sounding very sincere.

“It’s alright, I understood why you were doing what you did.” I said nonchalantly as I still had a smile on my face.

“You do?” She asked sounding very doubtful.

I nodded and my smile grew into a smirk. “You’re Yuri’s junior, aren’t you? I knew you probably wanted to impress her, like an adorable dongsaeng…it’s understandable, I have an older sister and I always try to impress her.”

Nana blushed as I said my reason. “You were so nice about it. I could’ve been kicked out of the basketball team…”

I shook my head. “I don’t want that…I don’t want such an adorable person hating me.” I grinned playfully as I lightly patted her head. “I’ll see ya around, Nana.”

“Bye…” I heard her say as left the bathroom. I softly giggled. I knew she was a good person. She was just choosing the wrong mistakes.

Author’s POV:

On the sidewalk:

There were two girls walking home, the taller girl with raven hair suddenly spoke up. “I have an idea!!”

“What is it now?” The shorter girl sighed as she replied. The taller girl pouted.

“Hey, I’m just trying to help you, Taeng.” Said the raven-haired girl.

A small smile appeared on her face. “I know, Yul…It’s just you’ve been suggesting these weird plans. I mean why would I want the basketball team to drag her out of class and into our club room? That’s rude and she’ll be so confused, plus it’s not subtle enough.”

Yuri frowned, “But I’m pretty sure this is actually a good idea this time.”

Taeyeon sighed and prepared herself. “Fine…Let’s hear it.”

“Okay, this plan can work after school.” Yuri started.

“Okay…and then?” The shorter girl listened.

“So after school, I noticed that her girlfriend Jo-…Ji-, no…Je-whatever her name is, anyway she isn’t with Sooyoung on Wednesdays for whatever reason she has, and Sooyoung leaves late.” Yuri explained.

“How do you know that?” Taeyeon asked as she raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

“Because she passes by the gym sometimes, usually when I take my break, I see her.” Yuri replied nonchalantly.

“You could have told me, so I could’ve said hi, bye, or something.” Taeyeon said as she lightly slapped Yuri’s arm.

“Ow…I didn’t know you liked her!” Yuri slapped her hand away. “Anyway, I’ll send you to go get something from the storage room upstairs and since she’s walking by, ask her if she can help you.”

“That sounds like a pretty good idea…” Taeyeon said nodding as she smiled widely.

“Yeah! And then while you guys are getting stuff, I’ll ‘accidently’ close the room, and while I pretend to get help, I’ll give you some time, so you two could talk.” Yuri added on, causing Taeyeon’s eyes to widen.

“What the heck? I was alright with the first part, but it got weird again.” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Look…just listen, it’s going to just the two of you, so she’ll be forced to talk to you, and she might open up and get to know you, and the rest is history!” Yuri clapped and mentally patted herself on the back for being so smart.

“Are you sure that’ll work?” Taeyeon asked doubtful.

Yuri put an arm around her best friend. “What other plans do you have?”

Taeyeon gave a big sigh, and shook her head. “Alright…I just hope it’ll work.

“Yeah!” Yuri fist pumped and grinned. “That’s a point for the best friend.”

The Next Day:

Sooyoung’s POV:

As I walked into school, I got the same from yesterday when I walked in. I felt like something was going to happen. I hate feeling this way. I have some weird sixth sense, because I always get a weird feeling in my stomach when something weird is going to happen.

I sighed and ignored the nagging feeling as I walked to my locker. As I took out my supplies for my first class, I noticed someone stand beside me. I look to the side and notice my best friend immersed in another romance book.

I softly chuckled and playfully closed her book.

“Hey! You made me lose my page, you meanie~!!” She pouted, but gave me a hug as a greeting.

I just stuck out my tongue, and returned to what I was doing earlier.

“Oh yeah, remember that today I won’t be walking with you home, because I have a choir meeting to go to. “ Jessica said.

I turned to her and pouted.

“Don’t look at me like that, you know I need to attend because I’m president of the club now.” She said sternly, trying to be firm.

“Fine…I hate walking by myself.” I said as I closed my locker. “And your meetings are always on Wednesdays, it’s not fair.”

“Because it’s the only day of the week that people can attend, if I don’t accommodate to their needs there won’t be anyone in the club.” Jessica explained.

“Alright, alright…” I mumbled, feeling a bit disappointed.

I heard a giggle beside me, and before I could ask why Jessica was giggling, she hugged me tight. “You’re too cute~!”

I pouted, “Whatever…” I said childishly and gently pushing her hands away.

Yuri’s POV:

There they are again, being all lovey dovey. Je-something is hugging Sooyoung and the taller girl pouted and acted like she was irritated, but I could see a small smile on her lips.

I made a gagging noise. ‘Eww~ I wonder if Taeyeon is going to be like that too. I hope not, I’ll probably die of mushiness.’ I thought.

“Why do you look so disgusted?” My short friend asked with a raised eyebrow.

I pointed to the couple across the room, as I leaned on my locker.

I glanced back at Taeyeon to see her reaction, and she looked a bit jealous, sad, and somewhat very determined.

“I don’t know, their mushiness bothers me…” I replied shrugging.

I felt Taeyeon look at me and looked at her. She raised an eyebrow, “They don’t look like they’re being mushy…you’re just exaggerating.”

“No, look…” I pointed to Sooyoung. “She’s pouting, but I can see a small smile threatening to show, the corners of are slightly twitching.” I pointed out, noticing it again. “She’s just acting cute for her girlfriend, and that J-girl is falling for it, trying to appease her.”

I turned to look at Taeyeon’s expression, to see her squinting her eyes. “I think I need glasses. Because I don’t see that at all. Are you sure you’re not imagining anything?”

I frowned. ‘Is it because I knew Sooyoung when I was little that I notice the little details?’ “I knew her from when we were little so maybe that’s why I can see it…” I replied to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded. “Oh yeah, you went to elementary and middle school with her didn’t you?”

I nodded. “Yeah.” I didn’t say more, because I wasn’t sure what else to say.

“So are we actually going to put your plan into action today?” She asked completely changing the topic.

“That’s what I’m planning. We got to do it now or you might not have another chance.” I told her pushing off the locker I was leaning on.

“Alright. I hope it goes well.” Taeyeon said closing her locker. She took one more look at the two girls before walking to our first class.

I took a glance at them, and I saw J-girl swinging Sooyoung’s arms gently back and forth trying to make her smile. I shook my head at them.

“I hope it goes well too.” I followed Taeyeon to our first class.

At the end of the day:

Taeyeon and I were finished changing for our basketball practice. It was an hour into our practice and I remembered our plan. I nudged Taeyeon, she nodded back questioning my nudge.

I pointed to my watch on my wrist. All she did was raise an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. “Sooyoung.” I mouthed.

She face palmed, “Right.”

I raised my hand. “Everyone! I think we are doing a great job. That’s why…I’m calling it a day!” I grinned at my team as they shouted in glee.

“Don’t worry about the stuff, Yuri and I will deal with it. Just go home and rest.” Taeyeon said sternly but with a hint of playfulness.

I grinned as they simultaneously said yes. “Running to the locker room is the last thing you gotta do…1…2…3…GO!” Both Taeyeon and I laughed at the urgency of the members to get home.

“Okay…so now that’s done. Let’s get this over with. Gather the balls, but remember to watch the door so that you’ll see Sooyoung. When you see her, go to her and say hi. Ask her what she’s still doing here, and she’ll probably ask you the same. When she does, tell her that you are cleaning up with me, but I left to go somewhere real quick.” I started to explain to her.

“Then? What do I do after that?” Taeyeon asked as she sat on the benches.

“Okay, then knowing a bit about Sooyoung, she’ll probably offer help. So say yes.” I replied.

“Where will you be?” She asked a bit confused.

“I’m going to go to the storage room across the school and fix it up so that you guys can’t open it from the inside or outside. You’ll need the key, which will be in our club room upstairs.” I said. As I said my plan out loud, I smirked, it sounds like a pretty good plan.

“Okay…what do I do after we clean the balls and cones?” She asked getting ready to take action.

“Go to the storage room with her. There, I’ll ‘accidently’ lock you up. Then I’ll take a long time trying to find the key. Got it?” I asked getting ready to leave.

She nodded. “Alright, I’ll see you later.”

I nodded back, and ran to the direction of the storage room.

Author’s POV:

Taeyeon remembered what Sooyoung said and watched the open gym doors, so she sees the tall girl pass by. Although, Yuri didn’t say to, Taeyeon’s pace was below average. She was trying her best to be slow. She slightly got bored while waiting, and she started to move in slow motion, like what she thought was similar to the slow-mo moments in the movies and TV shows.

Finally, after what seemed to be longer than 10 minutes, came a tall girl walking by.

Taeyeon immediately dropped the ball she was holding to run and catch up with Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung!” The short girl called the girl.

Sooyoung turned around, a bit puzzled that someone called her at this time. When she saw Taeyeon, she gave a genuine smile, and gave a small head bow.

“Hey.” Sooyoung said with a smiled.

“Hi.” Taeyeon r replied back.

“Did you want to say something to me?” Sooyoung said as she looked at Taeyeon curiously.

“No…I just wanted to say hi.” Taeyeon smiled widely.

“Hi.” Sooyoung replied with a playful smile.

Taeyeon grinned at the slight playfulness. “What are you still doing here?” The shorter girl asked.

“I usually fall asleep in the music room when I hang in there.” Sooyoung sheepishly smiled and shrugged. “What are you still doing here?”

“Oh…we just finished basketball practice.” Taeyeon said with a small smile.

Sooyoung finally noticed the shorter girl’s outfit. “Oh duh…I just noticed your uniform.”

Taeyeon laughed and scratched the back of her neck. “Yeah.”

“So are you going home now?” The taller girl asked.

“Yeah, but I gotta put up our basketballs and cones.” Taeyeon said slight pout to herself. “Yuri was helping me earlier, but she said she had to go somewhere real quick.”

“Do you need my help?” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“I wouldn’t want to make you.” Taeyeon said sheepishly.

“No, no, you wouldn’t. I volunteer to help, is that alright?” Sooyoung said with a genuine smile, which melted the smaller girl’s heart.

“Yeah! I’d actually love that.” Taeyeon said with a subtle blush.

Sooyoung grinned as she followed Taeyeon into the basketball court.

“The storage room is all the across the school, is that alright?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, no, it’s fine.” Sooyoung said as she put down her back pack on one of the benches on the side.

They both started working as they bent over and picked up basketballs and orange cones. It was very quiet. Taeyeon wanted to talk, but Sooyoung looked so concentrated on cleaning, that Taeyeon didn’t want to disturb her.

After a few minutes of cleaning, they finally got all the basketballs and cones into a cart they usually used for basketballs. They started to push them out of the court.

Yuri’s POV:

I grinned as I looked at my work.

I had a door-stopper on the door to hold it open, and all Taeyeon needed to do was accidently kick it off and the door would close. If that didn’t work, I put a rubber band on the door knob connected to the shelf. Taeyeon just needs to reach for the cover for the basketball cart and ‘accidently’ break the rubber band.

I sat on one of the benches next to the wall and waited for the two girls to show up. I leaned back onto the wall and let my eyes close for a bit. I was a bit tired from our basketball practice.

Author’s POV:

“Hey, just go ahead and put those into the storage room, I’m just going to go get the basketballs and cones we dropped on the way. I’ll be quick.” Taeyeon said as she ran back, wanting to be as quick as possible.

Sooyoung wasn’t able to say anything back as Taeyeon ran really quickly. “Alright~” She said to no one in particular but herself as she pushed the cart.

She pushed the basketball cart into the storage room and to the side. She didn’t notice the sleeping figure sitting on one of the benches, leaning on the wall.

Sooyoung dusted her hands off as she smugly grinned at herself, proud of herself for helping someone. ‘Well…Now that I think about it, Taeyeon is always helping me out…” She thought as she turned around heading back outside.

As she was walking out, her foot accidently kicked off the door-stopper. The only thing holding the door now was the rubber band.

Sooyoung looked down curiously. “What was that?” She walked closer to it and noticed it was a door-stopper.

A loud yawn was heard.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened and cautiously walked back into the storage room. “W-Who’s there?”

“It’s me.” The figure responded sleepily.

“Who’s me?” As Sooyoung walked closer to the figure, she didn’t notice a soccer ball in front of her and her next step landed on top of the ball. “AH!” On her way down she tried to prevent her fall by grabbing onto the door, but she didn’t get a good grip of the doorknob.

“Hey!” Yuri finally finished rubbing her eyes out in time to catch Sooyoung, thankfully before her head landed on the cement floor. “Are you okay?” Yuri asked the girl in her arms.

“Yuri?” Sooyoung was surprised and thankful for the raven haired girl. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you.”

A loud slam was heard, which made Yuri lose grip on Sooyoung, fortunately her captured her fall.

“Ow…” The brunette pouted to herself as she rubbed her sore .

“What the heck did you just do?!” Yuri exclaimed as she the light in the storage room, and tried opening the door.

“W-What’s wrong with the door?” Sooyoung asked nervously.

“It’s freaking locked!!” Yuri screamed. The raven haired girl slammed her fists making loud thudding noises on the door. “Taeyeon!”

“What do you mean it’s locked?” Sooyoung asked nervously in a slight panic.

Yuri sighed, turned around and raised an eyebrow at her. “It means we’re locked inside.”

“H-How?” Sooyoung stuttered.

“This storage room can only be opened from the outside with a key, and I put a door-stopper on the door so that it wouldn’t close.” Yuri said giving up as she slid down the door and sat on the floor. “There was also a rubber band holding the door but…” She held up the broken rubber band laying on the floor.

“S-Sorry…” Sooyoung said as she looked down.

Yuri sighed and rolled her eyes. “It’s fine…It’s not your fault…You didn’t know.” She thought for a second. “So where’s Taeyeon? I thought-”…you and Taeyeon would walk in together? She finished the sentence in her thought as she realized that she shouldn’t know that Sooyoung would even be in school.

Sooyoung scrunched her eyebrows together. “She went to go pick up the balls and cones that fell while we were walking…you thought what?”

“T-That…you… were Taeyeon.” Yuri felt smug, kept a smile in her head as she thought of an excuse.

“O-Oh okay…” She said sitting on one of the benches that Yuri was previously on.

A loud knocking was heard.

“Sooyoung, Are you in there?” Taeyeon’s voice was heard.

“Y-Yeah!” Sooyoung replied as she stood up.

“So am I.” Yuri stayed sitting down as she said grunted loudly enough for Taeyeon to hear. She knew Taeyeon wouldn’t have the key yet.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah.” The raven haired beauty responded with a sigh. “Just hurry and get the key. It’s in the office, in the special drawer.”

Taeyeon said, “Okay, I’ll be back real quick.”

“Alright.” Sooyoung and Yuri both said.

As soon as Taeyeon left, Sooyoung sat again, and silence enveloped the two girls they sat quietly.

“I’m sorry…” Yuri mumbled as she realized that she was a bit mean earlier. “…for screaming at you earlier.”

Sooyoung scoffed to herself. “You’re still the same…” She commented more to herself than to Yuri.

“What’d you say?” It’s been years since they actually talked, so Yuri wasn’t sure what Sooyoung was talking about.

“I said you’re still the same as when we were younger. You often did things on impulse, but always apologized afterwards.” Sooyoung replied looking Yuri in the eyes.

“I did not…” Yuri blushed and looked at the sports equipment trying to ignore Sooyoung gaze.

“You did.” Sooyoung said with a small smile. “I remember, I would always tell you to apologize afterwards.” She added with a soft giggle.

“I didn’t think you would remember that…” Yuri responded as she looked at Sooyoung.

This time, it was the brunette’s turn to blush and look away. “We were friends for a long time, it’s hard to forget somethings.”

“I guess…” Yuri said looking down.

The truth? The two girls sitting in the storage room became friends when they met on the first day of kindergarten. They were ‘two peas in a pod’, basically inseparable. That was how they were until they stepped into their first day of middle school. Sooyoung had been looking for Yuri the whole day, to find her at the end of the day, hanging out with sporty girls. When Yuri and the other girls were about to leave to go somewhere else, Sooyoung had called out Yuri’s name. The raven-haired girl only glanced at her, but continued to walk away. That caused Sooyoung to stop walking in confusion. She was confused as to why Yuri ignored her, she never got to find out. The second day, Sooyoung tried to talk to Yuri during school. Sooyoung did find the sporty girl, to have the girl walk past her like she didn’t know her at all.

The room was taken over by uncomfortable silence.

“Why did you stop talking to me?” Sooyoung asked a question she’s been wanting to know since the first day of middle school.

“I-I didn’t…” The raven-haired girl stuttered.

“You did, when we left elementary school we were still talking and I thought you were my best friend…but the first day of school, it was like you didn’t know me at all.” Sooyoung said with a hint of disappointment in her voice as she traced the patterns on the bench.

The basketball captain was quiet for a good five minutes, before Sooyoung got an answer.

“I don’t know.”