AMoS: Countdown to S-day

A Moment of Silence

AMoS: Countdown to S-day

 

Time: 21st November 2015, Saturday (3 days to go)

 

After agonizing over what to wear Nabi finally settled for an orange dress and a pastel red coat. It was the first time her boyfriend called her out first — she was ecstatic. She had but one complain — so out of the blue! I only have ten minutes to get ready.

'Oppa!' called Nabi when she saw Baekhyun by the fountain. 'How do I look?'

Baekyun averted his eyes away from her and exhaled loudly. 'Let's break up.'

After standing still for a whole minute, waiting for his words to sink in, Nabi burst into laughter. 'Is this that hidden camera thing?'

He gave her one last look and walked away sighing.

'W-wait!' Nabi grabbed his arm. 'Is was a joke, right? You didn't actually mean that, right?'

He his hands from her frail grip and left without a second glance. All she could do was stand there blankly staring at his back getting further away from her. A drop of tear escaped her eyes.

 

 

Time: 22nd November 2015, Sunday (2 days to go)

 

'Hey!' Jimin slammed both her hands on Nabi's table. She looked up at her, startled. 'What were you doing yesterday, not picking up my call?'

Nabi dropped her head back down on the table. Jimin had never seen her so lifeless before.

'Did something happen?' she asked, worried. 'What's wrong?'

'It's nothing.'

'As if I'll believe that. I heard you were late today, did that Kimchi scold you?'

'No, I told you, it's nothing.' She stood up. 'I didnt bring lunch today. Do you need anything?'

'There really  is something wrong with you.'

Nabi rolled her eyes and left Jimin to wonder on her own.

 

There was a big crowd at the sandwich stall. As she tried to make her way towards the front, she heard a very familiar laugh.

She searched left and right and finally found him, Baekhyun and gang, standing by the seating area. They were smiling and laughing as usual. But the smile that always radiated as fresh sunshine to her set a pand in her heart instead.

She quickly turned away and continued to force ahead of the crowd; she knew that if she looked at him even a second longer, she wouldn't be able to hold herself together anymore.

 

'I'm home,' announced Nabi soullessly opening the door to her house.

She could hear some chattering from the living room. One of those rare days when someone was home before her.

A middle aged lady rushed towards the entrance hall where Nabi was taking off her shoes. 'Why are you home so early?!'

'I'm always back around this time, mom,' said Nabi without looking behind her.

The lady rolled her eyes. 'Whatever, just don't come out of your room till I say so. Now, go.'

'Can I atleast get something warm to drink and, maybe, also a snack?'

'No! I can't have my friends see you. What would they think of me?! Just go to your room!'

Nabi had figured her mom had a problem with her weight, especially with all her shouting and complaining, "How are you gonna get a guy with that body?!" But, her comment just now had hurt her the most. Sure, she didn't have a slim model figure like her but she didn't look as fat as she made her seem either. Just by having the digit five at front her mom viewed her as some kind of hippo.



Words: 589



SG: Jieun-ssi, how are you?
JE: Seulgi-yaaaaa, it feels so good to have you back here!
SG: I heard you were alone last time and that you were on the verge of tears.
JE: W-w-wha-what??!! Who said that? N-no, I wasn't. *looks away*

SG: Heh-heh.
JE: A-anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter or atleast was less boring.
JE&SG: Next time "AMoS: Countdown contd."
SG: Countdown hasn't ended just yet ;D