00000000

cherry blossoms

Taekwoon's mouth forms an 'O' when he looks up at the enormous brick walls of the school; transferring to a prestigious music school in his last year of high school is definitely sad, but it's not something he will regret for sure. He's lucky that he was accepted for the last year, so now he has assurance for getting into at least an okay music university. 

 

He nervously drops his eyes to see the cherry blossom petals cover the concrete stairs. there are some students already walking in, despite it being well an hour and a half before the school bell.

 

Taekwoon hears the sound of the flute warming up through the crack of a window, as he curses inwardly; there are students already practicing at such an early hour. 

 

He takes a deep breath to calm himself, and tightens his grip around his suitcase. All he needs to do is make it to the office and get his assigned room. 

 

"Need help?" somebody shouts, which makes Taekwoon jump so embarrassingly high. he looks around to find the source of the voice, and his eyes stop to see a face popping out of the window from before. 

 

"New?" he shouts again, and it startles Taekwoon, again. 

 

He nods in response, and the boy grins. He suddenly opens the window at it's widest and sticks a leg through. Taekwoon's frozen in horror, but the boy is in front of him in seconds with a unbelievably wide smile. He's holding a flute, carefully but surely, in his hand. 

 

"I'm Jaehwan. grade 11. Where do you need to go?" Jaehwan chirps brightly, and Taekwoon nearly squints- his smile is so shiny, his eyes can't take it. 

 

"Office," he manages to mumble out, as Jaehwan's smile becomes impossibly wider. 

 

"Up the stairs and to the left! it's easy, there's a huge sign that says offic- good luck!" 

 

Taekwoon doesn't mean to run away; he just.. does. He finds the office anyways, up the stairs and to the left, with the big wooden sign that says 'office' in gold cursive letters. he swallows hard and pushes the door open. He's met by a couple of young students, presumably volunteers, who greet him with cheerful smiles. Is it the school motto to always be so happy

 

"I'm new, Jung Taekwoon grade 12, here for piano," he says. The girl student nods and proceeds to type something in the computer. He waits patiently as he looks around the office, which is much smaller and cozier than Taekwoon expected it to be. He's surprised he was able to find something small and comfortable in the prestigious school, and he purses his lips in excitement. 

 

His key is handed to him in a matter of seconds, and a round of 'have a nice day!'s pleasantly send off Taekwoon in search of his room. He goes back outside to look for the dormitory buildings, and sees that the Jaehwan kid is still standing at the foot of the stairs. 

 

"What room?" he shouts. He's always constantly shouting, and Taekwoon's beginning to find it irritating. 

 

"524," he says reluctantly, as he watches Jaehwan's eyes light up instantly. 

 

"I'm on the floor below! I didn't know you were a 12th grader, sorry sunbaenim. Just saying though, I'll be able to hear your every footstep!" Jaehwan smirks playfully, and it makes Taekwoon want to scoff in response. 

 

"Your roommate's really nice, he's one of the most popular hyungs. I hear he even has his own fanclub," Jaehwan lowers the last part to a whisper, as Taekwoon feels his stomach flip; he was never popular at his old school, and truly lacks many social skills that many possess commonly. He had his handful of friends, like Wonsik, Sanghyuk, Ilhoon, Yoseob.. but not many more. It's tough enough for him to be talking to Jaehwan like this already, and he feels his insides churn to think that his roommate is popular

 

He nods his head a little as his form of a thank you and proceeds to go into the dorm building; it's rather scary, with perfectly white walls looming down on him. He ignores the expensive looking furniture and tv when he enters and heads straight for the elevator- what kind of dormitories have elevators? There's a full length mirror that meets Taekwoon when he goes in, and he nearly gasps at his distasteful state. His cheeks are flushed pink like a school girl's who's just confessed, but the rest of his skin is so pale it's almost green. The buttons on his crisp uniform shirt are wrong -how had he not noticed- and there are wrinkles at the edges where he hasn't tucked in. He's a complete mess and he finally understands why everybody seemed to be so cheerful at the school. 

 

"Hey, I heard Hakyeon sunbaenim's doing warm ups in his room! Let's go listen!" a couple of students board the elevator at the third floor. They lower their heads when they see Taekwoon, but he doesn't care; he's frozen in fear. his juniors saw him, untucked shirt and all, and his supposed roommate has fans, male fans, that even want to listen to his warm-ups. 

 

Taekwoon winces when the elevator doors open- he has never heard so much music, no it's noise at that point, hit him at once. Warm ups, studies, he can even hear a clarinet concerto leaking through doors. There are too many instruments at once, but he begins to hear one clear sound over his growing headache as he steps closer to a door where a handful of students are standing by. It's the sound of the violin, playing a simple scale. 

 

It's a simple scale, note after note, but it knocks all the breath out of taekwoon; he's not even sure why it sounds so special, it just does. Maybe it's the soft and reassuring way each note seems to glide in the air, carrying itself to the noisy hallway. Maybe it's because there are so many fans that it just sounds special. 

 

Taekwoon pushes the students out of the way and jams the key in the hole. He doesn't mean to be rude, but his body moves on his own to get to the source of the sound.

 

A round of collective gasps are exchanged when he successfully opens it, as he stumbles in clumsily and shuts the door tightly behind him. He looks up, and his lips part when he sees a figure holding a violin, with a hand on his hip. 

 

"You're my roommate?" he asks, and all Taekwoon can do is stare stupidly. The boy is.. small; small eyes, small nose, and small lips. His build is rather small too, and he's quite shorter than Taekwoon. But the only thing that isn't small is his aura- he can almost see the confident bursts of red and yellow radiating from him, if his confident choice of red hair was no indication. Yet, Taekwoon's sure he sees small touches of insecurity and worry in the boy's narrowed eyes. 

 

"I'm Hakyeon. I heard your name was Taekwoon," his voice is higher than he expected; not that taekwoon can complain about it, his voice is quite high too. 

 

"Well? Are you?" Hakyeon says impatiently and Taekwoon breaks out in cold sweat. He nods furiously in response. 

 

Hakyeon visibly relaxes and puts his violin down. 

 

"Why didn't you say so? Some fans get so out of hand, I was worried that one managed to find himself to my room," Hakyeon sighs in relief, and Taekwoon does too. 

 

"Did they do this to you?" Hakyeon's eyebrows are knit tightly as he approaches Taekwoon who was frozen at the doorway. His ears burn and his mouth is still hanging when he realizes that Hakyeon is talking about his shirt. 

 

"I-I uh-" Taekwoon can't even form coherent words, and he's fumbling to undo the buttons of his shirt. 

 

"Wow, wow! Slow down big boy, I don't need to see you strip!" Hakyeon exclaims. Taekwoon's eyes widen and he opts to hiding his shirt with his jacket; he feels like crying, nothing seems to be going right. 

 

"Why don't you.. come in? I have pancakes?" Hakyeon says with a careful smile. Taekwoon's finally able to close his mouth, but his stomach chooses to make dying noises at the exact moment Hakyeon mentions food. 

 

"Come, I knew you were coming in the morning, so I made some eggs and toast too," Hakyeon laughs. 

 

--

 

"Oh my god you have no idea how annoying those kids can be! The girl fans are mostly nicer, they make most of my lunches anyways, but all the boys know to do is hang around my door and eavesdrop on my daily life! Not that I had anybody to talk to, but it's so darn annoying Taekwoonie! All the walls are sound-proof but not the doors.. hey did you see the cherry blossoms? They looked way nicer a couple weeks ago, it'll be nice if we can go see them next year-" Hakyeon's mouth doesn't stop once he sets the food on the table. Taekwoon takes a bite out of a pancake, but spits it out immediately when he clearly tastes only salt in his mouth. 

 

"What? Was it too sweet?!" Hakyeon shrieks. His princely image is gone, and Taekwoon thinks that Hakyeon is slowly beginning to sound like his mother. 

 

"Salty," he sticks out his tongue; how can pancakes possibly be too salty? 

 

"Ugh, I'm trying to cut down on the sweet stuff so I added salt. Was it too much?" Hakyeon takes Taekwoon's pancake and eats it straight from where he had bitten it, sending taekwoon into fits of coughs on the remains of the salty pancake. 

 

"This is disgusting, ew this is why I love sugar," Hakyeon throws the pancake to the floor and dashes to the kitchen to take a different plate. 

 

"Have toast, I've already put honey on it. Do you want jam? Nutella?" Hakyeon offers, but Taekwoon silently takes the piece of bread and stuffs it in his mouth. Tt's still warm, sticky and sweet, enough to wash down the saltiness in his throat. 

 

"Sorry Taekwoonie," Hakyeon sighs, as Taekwoon feels his cheeks set ablaze again. He's not sure when or how the nickname came to being, but he's embarrassed by how much he likes the way Hakyeon says it. 

 

"Say, I usually refuse roommates because all of them just want to get close to me or date me. You don't have any intentions on dating me, do you?" Hakyeon asks quite seriously and Taekwoon chokes, again. His eyes sting with tears when his coughing fit is over, and looks into Hakyeon's eyes in fear. 

 

"I don't even know you!" he denies with a high pitched squeak, and he's sent into humiliation once more at his truly unlucky self. 

 

"Okay, okay. So we can be best friends, right?" Hakyeon says brightly and takes Taekwoon's hands in his. He would have choked for the third time, but there's no more food left in his mouth for it. 

 

"Lifelong, best friends. I've always wanted one, It's really hard to be lonely Taekwoonie. I'll even get the girls to make you lunch too! The cafeteria's too expensive anyways.." Hakyeon says. His voice is sincere and it melts right through Taekwoon's head; he's not even thinking straight when a single word makes it out of his mouth without permission. 

 

"sure." 

 

--

 

Taekwoon doesn't exactly regret becoming best friends with Hakyeon; he saves a lot of money from the high quality lunches that were made by Hakyeon's fangirls, and he got a taste of what it's like to be.. popular. 

 

What he does regret though, is falling helplessly for Hakyeon, from the moment he began talking about his future ambitions and dreams. 

 

'I want to be a violinist that brings happiness to my audience taekwoonie. I want to be myself when I play, I want to bring comfort and thrill to people everywhere. I want them to hear my music Taekwoonie. too many people play just to win competitions and thrive to be the best. I just want to make people happy' 

 

Taekwoon remembers each and every word, how Hakyeon had tilted his head when he said it, how Hakyeon had found something so interesting outside the window so he wouldn't look at Taekwoon. He remembers how he felt his breath stop and his heart swell altogether. He remembers how Hakyeon had suddenly looked so breathtakingly beautiful that it made Taekwoon's lips itch with words he knew he couldn't ever say. 

 

He remembers, clearly, how he fell in love with somebody he knows he should be forbidden to even see. Hakyeon's celebrity like status is nothing compared to Taekwoon, he's wondering why he was even put in Hakyeon's room in the first place. he wants to believe it's fate for him to love Hakyeon, but there's nothing else than pain that's been inflicted on Taekwoon since he met him. 

 

His concern for even a small bruise, his absolutely unneeded obsession for skincare, his shining eyes glistened with tears whenever he plays disney pieces for fun; everything that makes Hakyeon up is what Taekwoon can only describe as beautiful. 

 

Taekwoon likes to live frankly without regrets; but the more he falls harder and harder for Hakyeon, there are more and more regrets piled onto his chest for keeping quiet. Hakyeon completely trusts him as a best friend, but Taekwoon can't even trust himself. 

 

--

 

The winter concert comes and goes in a flash, and the students are welcomed to winter break by a blanket of snow. Taekwoon takes off his scarf and places it on his chair, brushing off snowflakes from the worn material. 

 

"Hey Taekwoonie, that's a really old scarf," Hakyeon comments from the sofa, he's sitting in front of the heater to warm up his wet socks. 

 

"It's a present from my sister," he answers easily. It's been much easier to converse with Hakyeon now a days, he's able to throw a casual reply without stuttering anymore. 

 

"Hey Taekwoonie?" Hakyeon calls and Taekwoon hums in reply. 

 

"I have a sister too. She smuggled me some alcohol," he says quietly and Taekwoon inhales sharply. He's praying that Hakyeon isn't thinking what he thinks he is. 

 

"Do you want a drink?" Hakyeon turns around to meet Taekwoon's eyes. He looks surprisingly nervous, and Taekwoon suddenly feels overly confident. He was shy, but he wasn't a coward. 

 

"I've never drank before," Taekwoon says hesitantly but opens a beer can anyways. 

 

"You're stubborn. You should be stubborn with holding alcohol too," Hakyeon takes a sip and coughs subtly. Taekwoon snorts; Hakyeon doesn't seem so experienced in drinking either. 

 

He takes a sip himself and nearly drops the can of beer. Bitterness quickly spreads through his mouth and it's burning, all the way through his throat and down to his stomach. He can feel it going down his esophagus and it's more disgusting than the salty pancake Hakyeon fed him. He vows never to put the filthy substance in his mouth ever again, but he immediately feels his face flush. He grows terribly tired, and he leans against the couch and lets his eyes flutter shut for a couple seconds. 

 

 

--

 

Taekwoon winces when he wakes up; his head is throbbing and he doesn't even want to open his eyes. They fly open immediately though, because he's lying on his bed, and that's not where he fell asleep last night. 

 

He sits up, which is more than a big mistake, as he trips on his way out of the bedroom while holding his head. 

 

"Good morning sleepyhead," he expects to hear Hakyeon's typical greeting, but Hakyeon remains silent as he stares at Taekwoon sit at the small table. 

 

"Does your head hurt?" Hakyeon says instead and Taekwoon groans. 

 

"Like hell," Taekwoon croaks. His lips are dry, he needs something to drink. 

 

"A sip. It was a sip Taekwoon," Hakyeon whines as he angrily sets down a plate of nutella covered toast in front of him. Taekwoon blinks in surprise; he's never seen Hakyeon this mad before. 

 

"Did I do something?" Taekwoon asks carefully, as Hakyeon snorts loudly in response. He doesn't seem quite angry, maybe it's disappointment? 

 

"Are you pretending?" Hakyeon says furiously, and Taekwoon's scared for a split second before their eyes meet. Hakyeon's not angry; he's nervous. It's an expression he's seen so many times an hour before tests, during drama marathons, after he opened his report card. What he says isn't the same as what he says with his eyes, and Taekwoon's heart thumps loudly in curiosity to what's making Hakyeon look so anxious. 

 

"You really don't remember?" Hakyeon's voice softens as Taekwoon continues to blankly stare. 

 

He sighs deeply before taking an enormous bite of his piece of toast. 

 

"You faid you nove be," he says with his mouth full. Taekwoon can't possibly understand and continues to stare in search of an explanation. 

 

Hakyeon slowly swallows. 

 

"You said.." he says, staring at his toast. 

 

"You said you love me," he says, loud and clear, as he stuffs the rest of his breakfast in his mouth. He doesn't dare to move his eyes from his plate, but neither does Taekwoon. 

 

 

 

 

They don't talk to each other for more than a week, most likely because Taekwoon refuses to show his face to Hakyeon. He's out everyday, at the library, in the park in the pouring rain, since it's too painful to think that Hakyeon knows of his feelings just because of a small sip of alcohol. It's almost amazing at how he was able to avoid Hakyeon so much, even if he slept on the bunk on top of his. 

 

They accidentally run into each other on Christmas Day, and it's not only Taekwoon's face that's turns embarrassingly red. 

 

"I have a present!" Hakyeon shouts a little too loudly, startling Taekwoon. He's still standing on the spot when Hakyeon goes and comes rushing back with a small bag covered in red and green sequins. 

 

"Here," Hakyeon forcefully puts it in Taekwoon's hand and quickly shuffles away. he's moved to tears when he takes a peek inside; he finds gloves, a beautiful wine colour that matches with his scarf. 

 

--

 

"Taekwoonie, the senior gala's in a month," it's February, and Taekwoon wouldn't say that their established friendship has crashed, but it has definitely met it's downfall. The two would only really carry a conversation when Hakyeon would get too excited over his Korean dramas, or when they would eat. Taekwoon cherishes every single second of it though, since Hakyeon even cares to talk to him after the absurd confession. Hakyeon's simply too nice, too polite to ignore Taekwoon as a roommate. 

 

"Yea," he sighs in response; he's a senior, what's he supposed to play for their last concert? 

 

"Well, I need an accompanist and I would really appreciate it if you could fill the spot," Hakyeon says a little quietly, as Taekwoon slowly turns around on his spinning chair. Hakyeon is biting his lip, and he's blushing. Taekwoon feels heat rush to his cheeks and looks down; he's not sure why he's so embarrassed, Hakyeon was allowed to blush from time to time too. It means absolutely nothing. 

 

"Sure, what are we playing?" Taekwoon coughs into the back of his hand awkwardly. Hakyeon's eyes light up, like how they used to all the time, and Taekwoon can't help but stare. He misses sharing light hearted conversation with him about even the most idiotic things- he misses Hakyeon's careful spurts of laughter when he laughs at his own jokes. 

 

"I was thinking 'love's sorrow.' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EXQ1aF-bm0 if you're curious) I heard a junior playing it the other day and it used to be my favourite piece way back when," Hakyeon explains excitedly with a wide grin. taekwoon finds his lips curving upwards in response; Hakyeon talking about music can keep him happy forever. 

 

"Wait," Taekwoon's smile dies, "why me?" he asks in confusion. He's not a bad pianist, no, not terrible of course, but there are at least another handful of students who can be more suitable for such an outstanding violinist like Hakyeon. 

 

"Why not you?" Hakyeon also sounds confused. 

 

"I'm.. you're amazing.. I'm... I'm not really...." Taekwoon mumbles as he plays with his fingers. They're getting cold, but he's sweating through his uniform jacket. 

 

"Oh Taekwoon. I feel you're the most compatible with me. you and I, we just, click you know?" Hakyeon says, and Taekwoon looks up; only to regret it a split second later. Hakyeon is looking down at him, down at him with eyes of pity. Did he feel bad for him? Did he want to give him a last chance to taste fame before they graduated? 

 

"I... find somebody else," Taekwoon doesn't care when his voice wavers- he's just trying his best to keep himself together. 

 

"You don't want to do it?" Hakyeon falters. Taekwoon can't take his eyes off him; it's been so long since he's seen Hakyeon directly in the face, he doesn't want to, he can't look away. 

 

"No," Taekwoon's voice is barely above a whisper, but it's loud and clear in the deadly quiet room. 

 

Hakyeon doesn't say anything, but he goes to sleep quite early that night. 

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon chooses whatever repertoire that he can play for the gala; Hakyeon found a cute female student as an accompanist, and they would be out regularly to practice together. Not that it mattered, Taekwoon was mostly in the university to practice anyways. His mind would be occupied by other things, and he hasn't seen Hakyeon's face in nearly a month. 

 

A full month, without Hakyeon. Taekwoon's afraid to think what would happen when they graduate and he doesn't see Hakyeon forever. Taekwoon's decided to go to the local university (the music program wasn't bad), but he doesn't know where Hakyeon has decided to go to; by the time their acceptance letters came, they were already avoiding each other. Taekwoon thinks he's going for some good school in Berlin though, it was all Hakyeon talked about all summer. 

 

It's strange to think he's been in love for a year- during the whole summer break when they would constantly message each other, even if it was just Hakyeon talking about how boredom was just about to bring his death. During the early autumn season when Hakyeon delightedly collected as many dry leaves as he could to jump in, only to fall flat on his and bruise it. All during the winter even when they wouldn't talk anymore, while he wore the gloves from Christmas with every chance he got. All until the cherry blossom trees finally began to show signs of late buds. 

 

Taekwoon's practice sessions usually ended with too many unneeded tears streaming into his mouth; it made his life even more miserable, because his tears tasted like their first meeting too. 

 

He thinks he should write Hakyeon something like a thank you letter. would it be too sentimental? 

 

"Taekwoon, you're next." 

 

Taekwoon rises to the stage, as his eyes scan through the audience. He sees Hakyeon and the girl sitting next to each other. He curses softly under his breath and settles down on the bench. He's determined to play for Hakyeon this time, solely to make him happy. He wants to let him know he's alright, he wants to let Hakyeon know that he can only wish for his happiness. He doesn't want to impress anybody; he just wants to, needs to show Hakyeon that his happiness can bring him his own. 

 

His heart feels heavy, his fingertips are as cold as ice but he's not nervous. Taekwoon remembers the time he played for Hakyeon, just the once. He can only hope that Hakyeon would throw him words of praise, just like last time. 

 

He begins to play and slowly becomes consumed in his own world; Hakyeon's still there, clear and bright as ever in his mind, but he manages to make a performance that he's absolutely content with. 

 

Taekwoon flashes an enormous smile when he rushes off the stage, running to his seat. His head is buzzing with excitement, his legs are shaking, and he can't seem to wipe his -eating grin off his face. It was exhilarating, and he hopes, he knows that Hakyeon got his message. It was clear, intertwined with his music, and he's sure Hakyeon would have understood. 

 

Maybe he will write a thank you letter. 

 

--

 

"H-Hakyeon," Taekwoon stutters. Hakyeon still hasn't changed from his concert clothes, but he's lying comfortably on his bed. 

 

"You were wonderful today Taekwoonie," Hakyeon murmurs tiredly. Taekwoon's heart soars at the nickname, it's been awhile since he last heard it. 

 

"You were even more. I just, here," Taekwoon throws his small envelope carefully at Hakyeon, and it lands on his chest. He scrambles up the ladder to his bed and pulls his blankets over. He doesn't regret the thank you letter, it had to be done, and Taekwoon felt some weight lifted off his shoulders when he put his feelings into words. 

 

"Taekwoon." 

 

Taekwoon tenses, but relaxes immediately. He's being ridiculous again. 

 

"Yes?" 

 

"Is this a thank you letter?" 

 

Taekwoon doesn't reply. 

 

"Is this a thank you letter?!" Hakyeon shouts this time, and it terrifies Taekwoon. He's never heard Hakyeon raise his voice so loud. He's frozen in fear when he feels the bed shake; Hakyeon's climbing the ladder. 

 

"What do you need to thank me for?!" Hakyeon practically spits in Taekwoon's face- he looks truly enraged, and all Taekwoon can do is gape idiotically. 

 

"What do you need to thank me for?" Hakyeon's voice softens immediately, and even though it's quite dark, he can see Hakyeon's eyes through the dim light of the moon. 

 

Pain. It's pain. 

 

"Come down Taekwoonie," he whispers, and Taekwoon's already crawling out of his blankets to follow Hakyeon. 

 

"Why would you even play like that?" Hakyeon's whining to himself, and his hand is on his wrist. Taekwoon can't wrap his mind around what's happening but he's flying down the emergency stairs with bare feet. It's dangerous, he wants to say, but Hakyeon doesn't seem to be wearing shoes either, and he keeps his mouth tightly shut. 

 

"Why would you play like that?" Hakyeon asks again as he pulls Taekwoon to the grass underneath a cherry blossom tree. The night sky is especially clear, and the moon's light is so bright it's almost eerie. 

 

"You just make me fall harder and harder for you." 

 

Taekwoon doesn't respond for a second, until he realizes what Hakyeon has said. 

 

"What?!" he nearly shouts. 

 

"Don't tell me you didn't know, I was so sure I was making it so obvious!" Hakyeon shrieks in return, and they're both staring at each other with wide eyes. 

 

"I-wanted-to-show-you-the-cherry blossoms-but-they're-blooming-late this-year-and-I-just-wanted-to-have-my-first-kiss-underneath-a-cherry-blossom-tree-while-pink-petals-fell-around-us," Hakyeon says in one breath, and Taekwoon doesn't have time to comprehend anything before he feels Hakyeon's coarse hands cup his face. 

 

Their lips meet in a flash, and Taekwoon doesn't know what to do; it's his first kiss too, is he supposed to hold his breath? Is he supposed to move his mouth? He feels like crying and celebrating and cursing at the same time when he sees that Hakyeon's eyes are shut tightly. He's only sent into more jolts of panic when Hakyeon begins to move his lips against his own, and he tries to respond to it by reaching out for Hakyeon's side. 

 

Hakyeon retracts first, and Taekwoon is sure his face is flushed red. 

 

"We at this. They make it look so easy in the dramas though," Hakyeon pouts. 

 

Taekwoon laughs. He begins to laugh loud, hard, almost hysterically as Hakyeon joins him. They're leaning against each other, wiping tears from their eyes by the time they stop.

 

Taekwoon can't help but graze his hands against Hakyeon's precious cheeks this time, admiring his shining eyes. He goes for a hug instead, since they've both proved kissing wasn't their thing yet, as he carefully brings Hakyeon's head closely to the crook of his neck. He's only ever dreamed of having Hakyeon so close to him. 

 

"I.. like you a lot. I really can't say lov.." Hakyeon trails off, and his voice is muffled by Taekwoon's shirt. 

 

Taekwoon runs his hand through Hakyeon's hair and tightens his grip around his body.

 

"I'll wait," he breathes out, and there are tears streaming down his face. 

 

 

 

Taekwoon's struck by horror only a couple hours later when they're both lying on the couch, side by side with their hands tangled with one another. His hand's too sweaty by Hakyeon's sleeping peacefully to be bothered by it. 

 

"But we only have a week together," he whispers to himself. He's sure they can continue dating, but he's not sure if he can last so long without seeing Hakyeon. 

 

"No we don't," Hakyeon's whisper makes jump in surprise. 

 

"I'm going to your university. I didn't want to leave you," he says sleepily as he drapes his hand over Taekwoon. His breaths get deeper and steadier, and Taekwoon knows he's fallen asleep again. 

 

Taekwoon doesn't like living with regrets; he thinks loving Hakyeon wasn't a regret after all. 

 

--

 

 

wow thank you for getting all the way here i really appreciate it!! idk i wrote like half of this in one sitting and i really liked it so i tried to continue it but it was kind of mm after. i don't really really like it, but i guess it's alright. thank you all so much, comments make my day too ! ^^