final

Thank you for being born vocally

“Now come on can you say ‘hello’? for me at least?” the psychiatrist questioned a small boy who was quivering afraid but also trying to hold in his tears. This poor boy holding in his tears, his heart, holding in all the emotions from what he had experienced. Experiencing his own parents killed in front of him had become a shock and traumatic experience for the 10 year old boy.

 

He was pale, cold and wet from the cold rain outside and all he had to keep warm was his mother’s jumper which he held onto for dear life not letting anyone take the partly blood covered jumper. He wouldn’t let anyone touch him and he hasn’t spoken at all but screamed when his parents were taken by ambulance and screamed when the police dragged him into the police car.

 

The psychiatrist sighed rubbing his temples tired as it was passed the normal hours and let himself take care of this boy out of his free will. Nothing though was helping and this just placed the psychiatrist with one thing left to do.

 

“Well as I can’t get anything out of you and all the symptoms you are showing has made me say you are experiencing anxiety and difficulty speaking, you will be prescribed medication to help with this. I will have you escorted to the hospital this instant and in a foster home hopefully soon.”

 

(2 years later)

 

Two years later and the now 12 year old hadn’t changed; he was depressed as ever and would only stay in his own room. He only had his own room as the other children in the orphanage would be scared of him as apparently he had some kind of ‘satan’ aura to him. He didn’t care at all as he would do was remember the past and held onto his mother’s jumper for dear life.

 

The people who ran the orphanage made sure he had his medication but some were a little afraid of the little child as he only had cold, sad emotions in his eyes it had become painted on him. The boy stood up to go outside as it was recess time and he knew he wasn’t allowed to stay inside when everyone else was outside.

 

Sighing the kid walked out of his room to a colourless hall and down the hall he went. Into the outdoors not even 1 minute later a taller probably 14 year old boy came towards him grinning.

 

“Heyshrimp why you all alone all the time?” he chuckles but the boy just gave him a dull look and looked away not caring. This got the taller boy a little angered for being ignored like so. “Hey I was talking to you!” he grabbed the younger boy’s collar and brought him up in the air which the boy tried to kick him away hopefully to let him go but that wasn’t happening as the older was much stronger.

 

“…” the boy didn’t say anything but just mouthed the words ‘Let me go’ but the older boy just laughed in response.

 

“The little squirt can’t speak awe isn’t that such a sad sight.” The older looked to the jumper the boy had on and touched it rubbing his fingers through the soft material. The younger’s eyes widened and anger grew in him as he grabbed the older’s hand and tried to pry his hand off his mother’s jumper. “This jumper is really soft, I want it,” with that he pulled at the jumper hard. The younger cried as his mother’s jumper was ripping apart and fell onto the floor when it was parted from him in shreds of wool. He cried hard, he hadn’t cried since the day his parents were murdered and the emotion felt horrible inside of him. “Pff this jumper is worthless now,” he threw the wool at the crying boy and walked away. With shaking fingers he grabbed the wool and held it to his heart and cried loudly in the corner close to the entrance.

 

A hand touched his shoulder and the boy looked up to another boy who had slightly darker skin and showed a sweet smile. He kneeled down and hugged the heartbroken boy tightly.

 

“Shh please don’t cry it will be okay,” his soft words touched the other boy’s heart and he surprisingly calmed down after 5 minutes and from all the crying it took out the strength in the boy and he unconsciously fell asleep on the boy’s shoulder sleeping soundly.

 

When the boy woke up he reached for his mother’s jumper which was in his hands he took a deep breath and let it out calmly. “Oh you are awake!” the boy blinked and sat up to see someone else’s stuff in the same room he stayed in… what was going on? He thought to himself. A hand was let out in front of him and he blinked again confused to what was going on. “My name is Kim Jongin and your new roommate,” he grabbed the other boy’s hand which the boy jumped a little not used to having people touch him.

 

Jongin took his hand back quickly and bowed apologising. “I am so sorry I didn’t mean to make you afraid. I just wanted to introduce myself like everyone does.” The boy looked up at Jongin and felt a little bad, he looked to the notebook he held on his drawer and grabbed a pen started writing something up.

 

He showed ‘My name is Do Kyungsoo and I am sorry I don’t mean to jump like that’. The boy hmmed and looked to Kyungsoo curiously.

 

“You can’t speak?” he questioned. Kyungsoo bit his lip and wrote again.

 

‘I can just… forgotten how to after years of not talking’. Kyungsoo opened his drawer and showed Jongin his medication for his anxiety problems. Jongin made a ‘o’ expression and sat on the bed next to the other.

 

“It doesn’t matter if you can’t speak I want to be friends with you no matter what,” he showed a genuine smile and for the first time in a long time, a smile crept onto Kyungsoo’s face. He was happy and he wanted nothing more but to get to know his new friend.

 

(4 years later)

 

Jongin was stuck in the art room at the senior campus for the whole day and Kyungsoo was left alone outside eating his Nutella sandwich. He felt lonely but he didn’t mind at all as he looked up to the sky and watched the birds fly past. He was thinking for inspiration on what to draw. He wanted to give a present for Jongin’s birthday and because he didn’t have any money he thought he would draw something hopefully excellent.

 

He looked through photos that he held closely to him everywhere he went. One was a photo of his parents and him before the accident but the other 4 were photos of Kai and him. One photo shone compared to the rest, it had Kai doing bunny ears behind Kyungsoo who pouted cutely with his arms crossed. He smiled softly seeing this remembering this one special moment and finally inspiration flowed inside of him. He picked up his pen and started drawing, the pencil gracefully the paper as it moved a little like a small dance as the wind flew under the paper.

 

Jongin hissed as he tried to complete his present, the present he wanted to give to Kyungsoo those many years ago. He finally after learning slowly from one of the orphanage ladies, who taught him everything he should know about it and now here he is, making something special for his friend. His heart bubbled softly even though the pricks from doing this hurt him but he didn’t care as he made sure to put his heart and soul into it.

 

Days later they stood at the roof top of the orphanage. They both faced each other and they both were very nervous. Jongin slipped a shy smile at Kyungsoo, who shakily blushed looking to his side. What these two hid from each other was the emotion called ‘love’ and it took a toll to the two as they became more rackety every time they would hang with each other.

 

‘Jongin I drew something for your birthday gift, I don’t have money to buy you something much better but I tried to make the drawing as good as I can possibly get’ Kyungsoo ranted as he wrote on his note pad to Jongin who placed his hand on his shoulder.

 

“Anything is great if it comes from you,” he chuckled at his friends nervousness and took the paper away and looked to the drawing. The drawing had a two faces, two familiar faces and he knew it was a picture of Kyungsoo and himself with smiles on their faces and holding hands in the middle. This brought back the memories of this photo when they took it but what was different was the holding hands part, maybe this showed a symbol that they are closer now than before, or the fact that Soo liked him the way he did for his friend.

 

“It’s beautiful Soo, its really a master piece I always envied your drawing skills,” Jongin teared up at how great it really was, the actual colour and shading added to it made it look like it was 3d itself. “I got a present for you because I wanted to and I wanted to give it those years ago but I needed to learn how to do it and I did it finally with the case of cuts but hard work comes at a price.”

 

Jongin took out a piece of clothing, the exact piece of clothing Kyungsoo had held precious to him. It was a jumper, a cream coloured jumper and it looked exactly like his mother’s jumper that was torned apart viscously. Kyungsoo teared up and took the jumper and held it close to him, those happy memories of his mother arriving all in that split second. This jumper was much better than his mother’s as not only it reminded him of his mother but also Jongin himself, he would cherish it forever until he would die.

 

“T-hank you,” Kyungsoo spilled out of his mouth making Jongin’s mouth agape. Those two words he heard from Kyungsoo, his first two words, it made Jongin’s heart beat turn rapid. “A-nd I love you,” he finished and kneeled on his tippy toes and gave Jongin a soft kiss to his lips. It was short but sweet, it was their first kiss and it was just magical.

 

Pulling away slowly, eyes gazed at each other not moving one second away from each other’s gazes. Jongin’s big hands wrapped themselves around Kyungsoo’s petite hands, he brought them to his lips and gave each one a kiss without moving his gaze at his lover. Then he brought his lips hovering over Kyungsoo’s. “I love you too,” lips connected and this was a start of something magical.

 

‘Thank you for letting me hear your voice’ ~