Chapter 3

Bang Bang BTS

Bang PD boredly read from the assigned prompt, reciting the same lines he did with every tryout. 

"Welcome to Big Hit Entertainment. What is your name?"

Min Rin smiled largely, adopting a new persona that Luscious assigned her. "My name is Park Areum. Nice to meet you!" Min Rin-now Areum-bowed deeply as a sign of respect. When she stood back up, she gave them another large smile. She pretended to totter a bit from the headrush of standing up to quickly.

The judges smiled at the cute and polite contestant, already taking note of her good looks and thin body type. 

Bang PD was unimpressed, however. 

Areum had already made it through two rounds of the dancing category. There were three categories in total: dancing, singing, and acting. A tryout can only choose one major category that he or she believes to excel in. Each category had multiple rounds, where the judges weeded out the people who "weren't good enough" each time.

Areum remembered the words from the conversation Luscious had with her yesterday. You should be able to get through the first two round of dance category no problem. Even though you trained with Lila for so long on your voice, I still think you have a better chance as a main dancer. You have the right body type, facials, and movements after training with me for three and a half months. Thank god Big Hit doesn't ask for a freestyle section. We can fake your dancing skills with this song, and this song only. The last round is the hardest, however. They give a different panel of judges each round, so you can perform the same song each time. The third and final panel is where you'll meet Bang PD-nim face to face. Since you got that far they'll actually give you the time of day to interview you. Use the persona I give you and don't give them a reason to reject you.

Bang PD moved onto the next question. "How old are you and where are you from?"

Areum stated clearly, "I am seventeen years old and from the United States. I moved to Korea when I was five." 

The judges nodded, approving. 

Bang PD, still unimpressed, asked, "How many languages do you speak?"

"I speak fluent Korean, English, and Japanese from school. I also know some Chinese from teaching myself, but only the basics." She counted the lauguages off with her fingers. "That's three and a half," she finished.

"你為什麼想成為一名見習? Why do you want to be a trainee?" a judge called out, trying to test her Chinese abilities.

"我很喜歡和韓國流行很喜歡BTS ,所以我選擇了這條路. I like Kpop, especially BTS, so I chose this path," Areum slowly answered back. 

The judge rose his eyebrows, impressed. 

"How was it?" his coworker next to him asked under her breath.

"Her accent is a little off, but her grammer and word choice are pretty good," the judge whispered back, taking a few notes on his spreadsheet.

"Show us any tricks or fun abilities you have aside from dancing," Bang PD said.

Areum nodded, executing a perfect running backflip across the white tiles. A couple judges clapped at her trick.

Bang PD looked at his watch and then glanced down at his employees to make sure they were writing notes. "We will now start the dance section. Cue music."

Areum did her best trying to perform to 4-minute's Crazy. She knew the judges liked her performance when they did not stop her and allowed her to dance through the whole song.

Bang PD drawled out the last few lines of his script. "We will contact you in a weeks time if you got in. Thank you for trying out for Big Hit Entertainment. Goodbye."

Areum gave another heart-stopping smile to the judges, most of them smiling back at her.

As soon as she was out the door and around the corner, she pulled out the device in her ear. Luscious was giving her tips through the earpiece, watching and listening carefully through a security camera in one of the corners of the training room. Hunter had hacked the camera for her mission. The point was to eliminate all possible chances of rejection, and if cheating was an option, of course they took it. Min Rin sighed, her stomach grumbling once again. She lost fifteen pounds for the audition and wanted to die everytime she saw fried food. She missed the taste of the fatty foods she loved most, but unfortunately could not eat. The sound of a car pulling up towards the curb shook her out of her thoughts. She knocked on the car window, surprised when she saw an unfamiliar face as her driver. 

"Who are you and why are you picking me up?' Min Rin asked suspiciously.

"My name is Lee Jaehoon. I am your new driver, sent by the company," he answered.

Min Rin knew better than to question orders. She opened the door and sat inside, still a little curious on why they replaced the previous stoic Driver Kim. Kim wasn't terrible, albeit a little boring. He was always on time on picking up and dropping off, and usually wouldn't talk too much. What's wrong? Where did he go? Min Rin thought. Why would they replace my driver? 

 

 

 

~~~~~

Short update for ya'll

SO SORRIEZ I HAVEN'T UPDATED LATELY I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH FINALS AND AHHHHH

Sorry if it's short and boring I have so much to say and write but I haven't got the time to actually put it into words argghhh

wait for me plzzzz

I'm so happy I have so many suscribers now! I would be glad if I even had one, but now I have nearly 30! 

THANKS~~~~

e3b180c36954173e27ff9c7341ed8d2eb14b54e2

Areum for the audition (kind of ;)

THANKS TO LuminRocks ExoSehunnieee and Kuroneko_sinclair for commenting

SHOUTOUT to LuminRocks for giving me so much support >_<