Chapter 1

Bang Bang BTS

Today was a Sunday morning in the middle of spring. Hunter Corporation, the gang that we worked at, thankfully gave us a well-deserved break after many weeks of nonstop missions. I had the luxury of waking up late, washing my face and brushing my teeth before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. 

"Jackson-ah! Wake up! What do you want for breakfast?" I yelled as I looked through the cupboards. 

Jackson groaned an ugly, "Ughhghghghhghhghghhgh". I heard a thump noise when he fell off the bed. Knowing he probably wouldn't reply anytime soon, I decided what we were going to eat myself. "I'm making waffles!" I called to him again.

I heard him shuffling in the room a couple doors down. A muffled okay reached my ears as confirmation. I started whipping up the batter from scratch, remembering an old recipe my family made on special weekends. A small smile graced my face for a second, before disappearing. My family was a touchy topic, and even Jackson was careful about talking to me about them. So far, Jackson and I had been living together for two years. He watched over me like an older brother, and protected me when needed. I was swept up into this gang life, never expecting to be living my life out this way. I was only fourteen when all of this started.

Against all odds, I managed to make a name for myself as someone who could hold her own despite her young age. Maeng Min Rin was not a pushover; I would not take your shove without some backlash. Having to find my own two feet so early was very difficult for me, especially having to pass high school in just 2 years while working on missions every weekend. Thankfully, I graduated successfully a couple months ago, then had my birthday. Now I was a sixteen year old with full missions. It would only be a matter of time before my debt to Hunter was paid. I would be free after my final mission, when I would no longer have to kill to survive.

I opened the waffle maker, daydreaming as a puff of waffle steam arose. I sniffed happily, grabbing a spatula to set the waffle on my rising stack. The waffles were under a towel to keep them warm while I continued to ladle batter into the machine. Jackson stumbled into the kitchen, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. He smelled the air, smiling at the familiar scent of warm waffles. "Ahhh. Smells so good," Jackson mumbled as he grabbed a plate from the cupboard and snagged a waffle from under the plaid kitchen towel. I turned around to scoop some fruit onto his plate, before returning to cutting up strawberries. Multitasking was one of my talents. When the bell dinged, I pulled out my last waffle onto the stack. I brought over the plate of waffles and the bowl of fruit, and set them on the table. Jackson gestured to the maple syrup on the shelf. I handed it to him while grabbing my own plate, ready to dig in.

"Waffles are the best," I murmured as I shoveled food into my mouth. 

"Mhhm the best! Best from the front, best from the back! From head to toe, the best, the best!" Jackson sang with his mouth full, doing BTS's War of Hormone dance while sitting down. I laughed out loud at his antics, enjoying the time that we could relax together. 

We continued to talk amiably about random things that happened throughout our week. We were so busy lately with our assignments, that even when living in the same home we didn't have enough energy to talk to each other. I usually just tiredly whipped something up for dinner, before eating alone and saving the leftovers for Jackson when he came home later. 

The doorbell rang, cutting off our conversation. "I'll get it, I said, rising from my chair to walk to the front door. 

"Probably my 4 new pairs of Nike shoes I ordered online," Jackson said, eating his 3rd waffle. I laughed while shaking my head. "Just because we get a nice paycheck from Hunter doesn't mean that you can abuse it. You don't need 4 pairs of shoes at once!" I scolded lightly, looking through the keyhole of the door. Strangely, no one was standing there. Jackson said back, half-chewing, "My money, my life. Get your own money!". I was too distracted to listen to him. Why would someone do a ring-and-run in this neighborhood? Hunter owns this area, which was why we did not have to pay for any living expenses; we lived in the company homes. I cautiously opened the door, noticing the white envelope on the ground. I paled, seeing that it was addressed to me in printed font. The Hunter insignia was on the front. We usually never recieved missions in this fashion. The lists were always given in person, with someone who explained the target in hushed, hurried tones. It was always very secretive. 

I kneeled and picked up the letter, closing the door behind me and walking back to the kitchen. I sat down, tearing open the letter with shaky hands. Jackson watched curiously, probably munching on his 5th waffle by now. I pulled out the letter, breaking out into a smile as I saw the header, "Final Mission".

"Yes!" I crowed, jumping out of my seat. "I'm almost done Jackson!. I'm almost done!"

Jackson looked startled at my reaction, grabbing the letter from my hands. "Your final mission! Lucky! Who's your target... " He trailed off as he saw the name and whispered, "Oh no. It can't be him."

"What? What is it," I scatched the letter back, reading out loud the name listed at the top of the paper. 

"Jeon Jungkook. Bangtan Sonyeodan. 17 years old." I stood there stupidly, not able to process what I read. "What the? What THE?" My mouth was open, gaping like a fish.

I looked at Jackson. He looked at me. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or scream. 

It wasn't a happy moment. I would be killing the love of millions of girls. I would be mauled to death if I was caught killing their maknae .

I was so screwed.

 

-------

 

tumblr_n1uxnx7Iu31tnd9uvo1_500.jpg

Omg this is re-written. 1st Chapter up!

Leave comments please!!! Sorry that this took so long, and that it is a little short.

Please wait for BTS, they will come soon!

I LUV COMMENTS AND MESSAGES LURVE THEM SO MUCH LEAVE MORE> I WANNA INTERACT WITH PEOPLZ