FINAL

I Miss It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen placed his hand on the ivory key, waiting, waiting. But nothing. There is no sound. He opens his mouth to let the note loose. Only he can't tell if he actually sang the note or whether he just imagined it. Chen pushed another key and listen, but once again the sound eludes him. This time when he sang the note he placed his hand on his throat and felt it vibrate. 

'Oh, thank god, I wasn't imagining it.'

Jong-dae opened up his folder and started to play, A Winters Tale. It was the first song his mother had taught him. He loved it, it always seemed to flow with whatever emotion he was feeling. But now after the accident he looked at it in a new light. He thinks about the notes, which turn into her voice, laughing and crying. The lyrics remind him of her.

The lyrics make him remember when he used to cry into her pale white skin, and hold her blonde hair to hide his shame. She would always make his monsters go away. But not anymore. Chen feels like if maybe he had tried, if he had come back home with an achievement, then maybe she could be proud. But then he remembers, that he can't even say hello and goodbye now.

Chen feels the piano vibrate and looks up, sure enough the bell is going off. He packs away his music folder slowly before walking at a snail pace towards the music rooms door. As you can tell, school isn't his favourite place, especially when he has no one to talk to, not that anyone would talk to him anyway. If you hadn't already noticed he is deaf. Locking his sadness away Jong-dae opened the door and stuck his head out. No one in sight, he quickly slips out of the room and begins walking towards math.

He feels a pull on his bag before he is shoved into a locker. Jong-dae groans and looks up only to see Kim Min-seok, or Xiumin as he goes by, smirking down at him.

'What's wrong Kim? Can't hear your mothers voice no more?' He signed to Chen. He gulped and looked down hoping to just get this over with but he just pulls the singers chin upwards sharply.

(A/N OK so just to clear things up ' ' means sign language, " " means actually speaking.)

 

'Don't look away, baby. I love watching you cry.' Chen almost let a tear escape, but held his ground.

'Oh sweetie, you have a little something on your cheek.' Xiumin says a tear off of Jongdae's face, he didn't even realise had escaped. Chen blushed a dark red before shoving his crush away and running towards the boys toilets.

He open the door and locked it behind him before sliding down the wall and crying into his hands. He takes out his notebook and starts to write.

 

19-03-14

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter