Coffee Shop Soundtrack(Final)

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

There was only one thing certain for her as she breathed in the alluring scent of the café-she ing loved coffee. It didn’t matter what kind, café latte, cappuccino, flat white or any of those special types of lattes with weird flavours like cinnamon, hazelnut or gingerbread, she occasionally splurged on, they were all great, but, hands down, her favourite was definitely Americano. Black, bitter and almost bleak, just like her soul.

As she stood in the familiar coffee shop right across her tiny flat she repeatedly stomped her foot against the floor, waiting to be hit by the strong taste of the caffeine on her tongue. She was the last person in the queue as it took her a longer time than usual to get out of the bed.  A sigh escaped her while she tried to divert her attention from her rumbling stomach and aching head. No more all-nighters, she promised to herself.

The bell chimed as another person entered the coffee shop, ringingarrow-10x10.png gleefully throughout the room but only thing she did was pull a face, frowning as the sound repeatedly echoed in her brain.

Suddenly a not so tall shadow loomed over her body and the surprise made her glance over to the new addition to the queue. Honestly, she thought, if I met this guy during the night, I would run away screaming. He was dressed in all black starting from his beanie that completely hid his hair and a face mask that probably saved us all from catching his germs, to the two sizes too big hoodie with the hood on. It cast a shadow on his face and she wasn’t able to see his eyes. He did wear some pretty expensive basketball shoes, she duly noted.

She turned away just as the last customer before had been served. “Good morning, Abbie! I’d like a large Americano please!” She greeted the middle-aged barista, who had been working in here long before she’d started spending her moneyarrow-10x10.png on their delicious coffees’.

“Morning! No breakfast this morning?” She made small talk while preparing her drink. As on cue, her stomach grumbled loudly and she frowned.

“If only I could afford some. My boss still hasn’t given out the last pay checks, so I’ve been getting by on ramen and coffee.” She laughed trying to ignore the actual repercussions of this situation. She had to pay her rent by Thursday or she was out and there were some bills she hadn’t managed to cover.

Her eyes slid over the large selection of pastries and tried not to drool too much. She couldn’t remember the last time she actually bought any of the golden brown croissants.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What she didn’t know was the fact that the boy behind her was eavesdropping on their conversation. Out of concern, he assured himself, not because she is cute or anything. He watched her hand over the moneyarrow-10x10.png and decided to do something good because after all he was Min Yoongi, a person with a caring personality and compassion for those who could use a nice pick-me-up.  He placed an order for his usual green tea and two croissants while smiling to himself.

He watched the girl take a windowarrow-10x10.png seat at one of the empty tables and then proceed to pull out some notebooks from her bag. He watched her brushing a strand of hair away from her face and when it fell right back in its previous place puff her cheeks annoyed and take her hair up in a ponytail.

“Quite beautiful, isn’t she?” A woman’s voice spoke up behind him. It was the barista.

“Yeah, she is.” He sighed. A smile broke out on his face as he watched the girl stick her tongue out after she’d taken a sip from the still-too-hot coffee.

“Well, she’s not just a pretty face. Works hard and gives everything her all. Plus everyone here loves her, including me. You could almost call her the Mary Sue of this coffee shop.” She laughed at her joke. “Takes a while to warm up to strangers though, so if you want to pursue her get ready to be patient.”

Pursue her? That thought hadn’t crossed Yoongi’s mind. Yeah, she was pretty cute but he didn’t even know her.

“Anyway, here’s your order. Good luck.” The barista whose nametag spelled out Abbie wished.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The girl was catching up to some of her homework when unexpectedly a familiar shadow loomed over the table.

The guy from before, she sighed. She really hoped he wasn’t here to hit on her as she wasn’t too experienced on how turn down creeps.

“Um, hi! Would you mind if I sat down?” He asked in surprisingly nice voice that sent shivers down her spine. For a moment there she wondered if she heard an accent somewhere between the awkward introductions.

She picked up her head and looked around the coffee shop. There were enough empty tables for him to choose, yet he approached her.

“My mom thought me not to talk to strangers.” She forced out as politely as possible. “Especially ones that are dressed like they’re a part of a gang.”

He laughed at that. Short but sweet and she blushed strawberry red, wondering what out of her rejection could have been so amusing. He pulled down his hood and took off his face mask. He was actually quite cute and a little stubble graced his chin. He didn’t look like a murder slash anymore.

“Hello, my name’s Min Yoongi and I bought two croissants but I think that’s too much for me alone, so I wondered if we could maybe have breakfast together.” He voice flooded out smooth and addictive but she couldn’t let herself fall for a random guy’s charms so easily.

So she pretended to think while squinting her eyes suspiciously but that pastry looked way too appetizing to waste twenty with this guy. “Okay, you got me. I’d sell my soul for that buttered croissant.” She smiled and the guy slid in the chair across from her.

Instantly she grabbed the pastry and took a bite out of it, holding back a moan. This was way better than , she decided. They sat in silence for quite some time filling their stomachs with bread and their drink of choice while the girl carefully observed the guy.

His face and impossibly pale skin seemed somehow familiar and she wondered if they’d met sometime before. That could also explain this situation. “So, where are you from?” She asked. His eyes lit up with surprise. “How did you know I’m not from Seoul?”

“I didn’t but I guess you just confirmed one of my suspicions. I thought I heard a bit of satoori when you were speaking.” I fished for some information that could maybe give me some more clues.

“I’m from Daegu but I’ve been living in Seoul for quite some time now.” He revealed. Nope, never been there before. Plan A, failed.

“So are you a student? Do you go to a university nearby?” He flashedarrow-10x10.png a mysterious smile at this question and I wondered if I was missing out on a big joke or something.

“I’m officially enrolled in a university but because I’m working at the same time, I listen to online lectures.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Min Yoongi couldn’t believe that somehow he had stumbled upon a girl who’d didn’t recognize him even without his disguise. Well, BTS weren’t that popular but he liked to think that their recent winsarrow-10x10.png had gained them more recognisability. This was proving to be quite fun as he watched the girls facial expressions change from puzzled to curious to confused to annoyed back to puzzled all in couple of minutes.

But admittedly he enjoyed this moment of peace. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been on a casual coffee date. Well, he wouldn’t call this a date just yet.

“I give up,” the girl’s voice rang out. “I’m going to be very straightforward. Have we met? Because the longer I look at you the more familiar you look.” She looked exasperated by now and Yoongi wondered how to explain this without sounding too pretentious.

He bit his lip. “I don’t want to sound like I’m five miles up my but I guess there is no other way. Hello my name is Min Yoongi or Suga from BTS.” Along with his introduction he did the awkward gun motion for an extra measure.

He didn’t know what kind of reaction he’d been expecting but her bursting out in uncontrollable laughter definitely wasn’t it.

“Are you okay?” He questioned looking at her now red face.

“Yeah, I just find it so unbelievable that someone famous bought me a croissant. Like doesn’t this happen in dramas or something?” She giggled. “And I just can’t imagine how awkward you must’ve felt after I didn’t recognize you and called you a member of a gang.”

Yoongi blushed slightly. “Actually, it was quite welcome, well, without the gang part but I guess BTS can be called a gang.” A laugh escaped his mouth.

“Can I be a bit nosey?” The girl spoke up. When he didn’t answer she continued. “What are you doing here out of all places?”

“Enjoying the rare moment of freedom, I guess. I don’t know how much you know about idol lives but I don’t remember the last time I slept for more than 5 hours continuously.” She grimaced along with Yoongi offeringarrow-10x10.png her sympathy.

“I guess you got lucky then to spend your free time with someone as amazing and beautiful as me.” She said jokingly but he couldn’t agree more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As she looked in her watch she realized that if she doesn’t leave now, she’ll be late for work.

“Dude, I’m sorry but I’ve gotta run. My shift starts in twenty minutes.” She talked gathering her stuff at the same time. She saw her breakfast partner frown slightly but then he grabbed her hand. She stopped dead in her tracks but her mind was running million miles per second.

She felt something scratch against her palm and when he finally let her go she noticed a telephone number written on her hand.

“If you’re ever up to having breakfast again, so you’d know who to call.” He smiled and let her run out of coffee shop.

Leaving the coffee shop her last decided that there were two things certain. She loved coffee and Min Yoongi.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO how was that?? Did you enjoy it? Anyways, fist and foremost thanks to Microsoftarrow-10x10.png World spellcheck feature becasue apperantly I've lost the ability to use correct spelling when writing. YeY summer!!!