Discovery

Playing With Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji was extremely determined to beat Bomi. She couldn't afford to lose to her fellow brunette friend again. She switched her gear, causing her bike to accelerate to a new degree.

 

She was leading the race, but she wasn't going to get complacent. Remember the story of the hare and the tortoise? Eunji didn't want to be too cocky before achieving her victory.

 

The two racers were reaching their last few hundred metres, when another biker came to join the race.

 

A sleek, yellow BMW motorcycle caught up to them. The unknown biker even managed to take the lead, reaching the finishing line before the other two arrived close to ten seconds later.

 

The biker was clad in black. Black helmet. Black leather jacket. Tight black pants. The tips of her hair, however, matched the colour of her bike- yellow.

 

When Eunji and Bomi got off their bikes and removed their helmets, they stared at the unknown biker oddly. The biker didn't seem like she was going to remove her helmet anytime, so Eunji decided to speak up.

 

"Who are you?"

 

The biker walked over to them. With her right hand outstretched to give Eunji a handshake, she removed her helmet using her left hand.

 

"Yah, Jung Eunji, how can you forget me?!" The biker seemed half upset and half angry.

 

"Omo," Eunji gasped. "Kang Seulgi??"

 

The biker broke into a wide smile. "I thought you'd forget me."

 

"Of course I won't!"

 

Bomi was standing awkwardly by the side as she watched the two interact with each other. She recognised the girl called Seulgi. It was the same girl she met at the bar to deliver the goods.

 

"Yah, Yoon Bomi! Stop spacing out! This is Seulgi, my university friend."

 

"Hey," Seulgi greeted. "Nice to meet you Yoon Bomi-ssi."

 

Seulgi was acting as if they had never met before. And Bomi was definitely not getting good vibes from that girl. But she wasn't going to let that show. She was just going to play along.

 

"You can just call me Bomi, Seulgi-ssi."

 

"Then you can just call me Seulgi, Bomi."





 

"So how did you two meet?" Seulgi asked, before taking a bite of her grilled chicken.

 

"We had an impromptu race together, which your friend unfortunately lost," Bomi replied casually, drawing a laugh from Seulgi.

 

"Ah, seriously. People can never stop making fun of me," Eunji whined.

 

"Don't be sad, Eunji. Do you want me to call my brother to console you?" Seulgi teased.

 

Eunji shook her head in frantic. "No thanks! I've done to him, and I'm too ashamed to see him again."

 

That piqued Bomi's curiosity. "What are you talking about?" she asked, trying her best to not sound like a busybody.

 

"Eunji didn't tell you?"

 

"No...?"

 

Seulgi was visibly surprised. She took a brief glance at Eunji but the brunette was busy focusing on eating.

 

"Eunji was a runaway bride."

 

"Ah, seriously, I hate it when my dark past is brought up," Eunji groaned.

 

"Well, you didn't give me the red light so I decided to enlighten your friend."

 

Eunji scoffed. "Whatever. You can gossip all you want, I'm just going to eat."

 

"We're not even going to bother you," Bomi commented. She turned to face Seulgi. "Please continue!"

 

Seulgi laughed upon seeing Bomi's excitement. "Well, three years ago, Eunji was supposed to get married to my twin brother, Seungyoon. When they were about to exchange their vows at the altar, she suddenly turned around and ran away, in front of everyone."

 

"She didn't want to marry your brother?"

 

"It was an arranged marriage!" Eunji interrupted. "My parents kept forcing me into it."

 

"And you broke my brother's heart, really badly."

 

Eunji breathed out a deep sigh. "How is he now?"

 

"He still keeps the picture that you took with him at the park in his wallet."

 

"Wait, I don't get it," Bomi interjected, and looked at Eunji. "Why didn't you just tell Seungyoon that you didn't want to marry him?"

 

Eunji exhaled another heavy sigh."Actually, I did. He suggested to just get married first, then divorce later. But I didn't want to wait."

 

"My brother ran away to Australia after the whole fiasco. He came back last year, but he's obviously still heads over heels with you."

 

"Maybe he should just be a monk," Eunji blurted out.

 

"Yah Jung Eunji," Bomi called out to the eyesmiling girl in a loud voice, "you keep complaining about how everyone rejects you but you're guilty of doing that! And what you did is far worse!"

 

"Yah Yoon Bomi! I got my karma okay. My parents kicked me out."

 

"But your parents have forgiven you and took you back a year later," Seulgi pointed out. "Even my parents forgave you after that. And I've forgiven you since I know you were forced into it."

 

"Y-yeah." Eunji's voice rang with remorse. "Maybe I should meet your brother and ask for a proper forgiveness."

 

"I'm sure he'll be more than ecstatic to see his university crush and almost-wife again."

 

"But do you think it's a good idea?"

 

"Do what you think is best, Eunji," Seulgi advised.

 

"Or, you can always toss a coin," Bomi added with a playful smile.





 

"Naeunnie?" Eunji softly called out to the blonde who was writing something in her little red notebook.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I don't have any important schedule later on right?"

 

Naeun stopped writing and looked at Eunji. "Nope, is there anything you want to do?"

 

"Do you want to accompany me?"

 

"Where to?"

 

"Kang Global Group."

 

"Sure."





 

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

 

"I'm nervous okay," Eunji responded.

 

"Is there anything I can do for you? We've been standing outside the entrance door for the past ten minutes," Naeun sighed.

 

"Yeah, like a quickie or something," Eunji managed to crack a joke.

 

Naeun rolled her eyes and intertwined her fingers with Eunji's. "Let's go."

 

Eunji gave her signature eyesmile. "Ay, you should have done that ten minutes ago. That would have saved both our time."

 

"I know right," Naeun said sarcastically.





 

"Eunji?"

 

"Hey, Director Kang," Eunji greeted the tall man politely.

 

"I didn't expect to see you again."

 

"I didn't expect to come here again either."

 

He chuckled and gestured to Eunji to take a seat. Eunji noticed their wedding photo frame on the desk. "Why do you still have that picture of our wedding photoshoot?"

 

"It's a nice photo. Plus, there's always a possibility that it'll become a reality again," Seungyoon jested.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter