Chapter I

Red Strings

Red Strings

2006

Little Hansol was twisting and burning in his mother and fathers king size bed, seeking warmth from his mother but being met with the cold instead. Hansol opened his eyes and was met with nothing but darkness.The three year old walked out of the dark and scary room. Rubbing his eyes with the circle of his palms searching for his mother.

He heard hushed voices coming from the living room; he followed the voices

"Your never home" A soft voice he recognized as his mother said " He misses you" 

"What am I supposed to do" Hansols father spat with venom

"Oh I don't know spend time with your-"

"Mommy, daddy its scary in your room" he said tugging on his fathers and mothers hands

" I cant sleep by myself " Hansol said oblivious to everything

At that time Hansol hadn't understood a bit of that conversation, but now looking back at it. It was crystal clear to what it had mean

~x~

Choi Hansol did not want to go to school because- well he wasn't ready. 

He turned up the heat of the shower head. The almost burning water soothing his body, it felt good.

Maybe it was because of the stares he got. At school he pretended that it didn't affect him but it hurt him more than he let on. 
He turned off the shower head stepping out warping his towel loosely around his thin waist.

Hansol wiped of the steam coating the mirror. He started at himself he didn't look broken. Well that's what Hansol told everyone, that he was fine but he still saw the hallucinations of his stepmother, his mother who was in America everything. Hansol couldn't go to sleep because he knew once he did the nightmares would start coming. Sleep was not an option. He left the the bathroom walking through the silent halls.

His father was working. He was a top businessman. Always working on buildings to increase Seoul's beautiful architecture. His father had eye for art maybe that where Hansol got his from. This Mansion even was no other than a creation he made himself.
 
As Hansol walked in the endless hall towards his room he started to feel light headed.

" Hi Hansol" said his mother long brown hair falling down her sides. She smiled. He knew she wasnt real he knew because everthing looked blurry any, snces shifting rapidly before him.Hansol frowned walking past her. She wasn't real but why did he feel like this. 

Only longing for her the need to jump in her arms so she could tell him that everything was going to be fine. Hansol really only had two people who really understood him. Soonyoung who could never stop talking  and his best friend Seungwan- since elementary school.

Also his cat Nancy, who as soon as he walked into his room stared at him green glowing in the dark 
Hansols phone vibrated he put on his shirt then picked it up.

From Annoying: Are you okay

 Hansol didn't know why he put heart there it just felt right. Like whenever he was with Seungwan. He wondered what Seungwans reaction would be to it.

To Annoying: I'm fine 

"Immediately after Hansol sent his text. Seungkwan called him.

" Hello " Hansol rasped 

" Whats wrong" Seungkwans angelic voice said with concern

"Nothing i'm just seeing things" Hansol said lamely

"Did you take your medicine"

"You're starting to sound like my doctor and yes I did" Hansol stated

"Sorry" Seungwan apologized "I'm just worried about you Hansol. There was a heavy silence 

"I wish you were here" Seungwan said 

Any where with you was what Hansol wanted to say.

But instead he answered with "   Me too"

They talked about random things for the past two hours till they both fell asleep. 

Tomorrow they would both start high school.

Seoul Academy such and generic name for such a generic school. He was already tired of school and it was only ing third period.

Hansol thought the cherry blossom trees blowing in the  March wind was way more interesting than Seungwan and Soonyoungs ongoing conversation.

Seungkwan shifted in the seat beside resting his chin on Hansols shoulder like he was his personal pillow. 

His soft brown locks smelled like strawberries. Hansol immediately relaxed into his touch feeling himself grow warmer.

"What are doing" Seunkgwan asked
" Staring at the trees" Hansol said turning around to face Seungwan. Hazel eyes locking on Seungkwans brown ones.

Just then the "King"- Choi Seungcheol walked in,  with a kind of swagger to his walk that just made you know that he was not someone to mess with. His father was the top contributor to the school also owning a chain of hotels spread around in Seoul.

A short boy followed beside him. White-pink hair and a tiny frame to match with it. Choi Jihoon. The intense way Seungcheol looked at Jihoon made it clear- to everyone that Jihoon was his.

But at the same time Seungcheol didn't have a problem to anything that walked on two legs.

Hansol didn't know anything about any of there crap he was just a silent observer . Who also wanted to kill himself when Seungkwan and Soonyoung got themselves into a rap battle.

" Your breath smells like kimichi, cause were eating kimichi for lunch I feel like-"

Hansol burst out laughing along with Soonyoung who was currently wiping tears.

" Boo that was so lame" Soonyoung exclaimed

" WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ITS WAY BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOUC OULD SPIT OUT" Seungkwan yelled 

Hansol was still laughing his off, and that was one the reasons why he loved Boo Seungkwan

~x~

Well Seokmin was lost the usually happy aura he had was replaced with anxiety. Seokmin felt smaller and smaller walking around the huge school

 

"Need any help" Said a friendly voice a boy with sparkling eyes and a smile that lifted up the corners of his mouth into sly grin.

Seokmin nodded eagerly 

" Hong Jisoo junior" Jisoo said bowing

"Lee Seokmin sophomore" Seokmin said already handing Jisoo his schedule.

" Advanced English that's my next class. first days must be tuff "Jisoo asked brushing his dark hair away from his eyes.

" Yep"  Seokmin stated happy that he made a new friend walking to his English class. Maybe this year wasn't going to be that bad.

20 minutes into his class his teacher had already given them an assignment.  He would partner us up randomly with someone and make us write a 2500 word paper about what we learned about them. 

Vernon swears the whole class groaned at the same the same time. 

"For my advanced English class you guys seem pretty enthusiastic" Mr.Kim said while smiling.
" I know its hard for many of you to socialize" She said while snatching a tan boys phone out of his hand

"With this invention" Mr.Kim said waving the tan boys phone around the air." But I think you guys can manage

Vernon just stared at some random point at the wall. Already zoning out and it was the only the first few minutes of class

"YOU LIGHT BROWN HAIR, WHO IS STARING AT THE WALL" Mr.Kim  yelled then very loudly cleared his throat

Hansol jumped startled and he  immediately felt smaller with all the eyes staring at him

"Mr.Choi where are you from"

"New York city" Hansol replies in a quiet voice not used to all the attention being draw to him

"And see that's how you get to know someone" This assignment will be done outside of class. You have a month to complete, I'll give you your partners and then you can start working" Mr.Kim stated

"Oh and this is the only class time you'll get to work on this project" Mr.Kim added 

He put up the names on the smart board and Hansol read "Choi Hansol and Lee Seokmin" He looked around the desk for the name tag that said Lee Seokmin.

As soon as he found the boy he was already headed towards him. He had dark and scruffy hair paired with a gummy smile.

" Lee Seokmin"

 

A/n:I know this chapter was a little uneventful but just wait for the upcoming ones. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I update really slowy so just be patient with me. 
Make sure to subcribe and comment 
Lots of Love! 
-Acece27