That One Moment

My Little Book of Hope

Today is going to be a great day; I could feel it.  The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there was a breeze that eased the tension of having to perform in front of a large crowd. 

The music club was going to be performing at the convent today.  It's only going to be the music club...and hundreds of girls. I could see all the guys joking around about how they were going to find the girl of their dreams.  Clearly, some people were hoping to play more than just instruments...if you know what I mean. ;)

"Hey Mick! Noh!" I heard a familiar voice calling me.  I turned around...it was him!  I couldn't help but give him a big smile.  "Come on, you're going to miss the bus!" Ohm called out to Noh and I.  "Sorry p', I'm coming!" Ugh...I can't carry these instruments they're just way to heavy.

"Here Mick, let me help you out with that." Noh asked me. "No, it's okay Noh, I need to learn to be stronger". That's what I said, but as I took a deep breath in...I began to regret my decision to volunteer to carry most of the seniors' instruments.  It seems like such an unnecessary way to prove myself worthy. 

Just then, p' ran to me...wow, it was like he was trying to steal the first slice of warm pizza in the cafeteria..."Here, let me carry these." Ohm's offer was so 'nice'.  I guess I don't mind being a helpless weakling if it means that p' would come to the rescue as my 'knight in shining armour'. Noh looked at me with a smug, and slightly insulted face, that made my cheeks turn red.

I suddenly saw Phun running towards us with a lot of food and binders, "Hey Noh! Can you help me carry these?", Phun demanded while having a sarcastic smile on his face. Without waiting for Noh's response, Phun just unloaded his pile into the Music Club President's noodle arms. Phun looked at Noh with a big grin, "Thank you dear. Now, let's go! We don't want to keep the bus driver waiting, do we?".  Not only did Phun just completely take-advantage of poor Noh, but Phun then decided to drag Noh to the bus by the collar.  In some countries, I think this would be called 'abuse'.

P' took all the instruments I was supposed to carry into his arms (with great difficulty I might add). When he lifted everything from the ground, his facial expression looked like he was about to break his back, "p'...umm...do you need help?".  He replied with one of his silly and enormous smiles saying, "Yo, I'll be fine.  Are you kidding me?  I do this all the time.  I'm Ohm-the-Great after all".  I can't help but chuckle and smile at the ridiculous things he says sometimes. 

 

P' and I sat next to each other on the bus, and as expected, he began to transform the bus into party central.  Despite the eruption of noise that came from a bus that was filled with testosterone-crazed boys, I managed to sit in my bus seat peacfully and just looked out the window...just looking outside.  I saw the trees pass me by and was fascinated by all the different homes that people lived in.  Before I knew it, I started to become lost in my own thoughts.  

Everything looks so peaceful and so beautiful...  

There's just so much that you don't notice when on a daily basis.  The fact I can just appreciate what life has to offer...is the main reason I love being in cars and going on bus rides.  I can just look out the moving window and stop caring for a while.

For some reason, looking at all the different couples holding hands on the street.  I began to think of Ohm. He's such a beautiful person.

A lot of people say that he's incredibly 'cocky', 'annoying', 'silly', and 'outrageous'.  But, I think he's brave.  He says what's on his mind and is always honest about what he says; I know that he would never hurt anyone intentionally. Moreover, he jokes around and make others happy because it makes him happy.

His over-the-top humor is courageous; he fills me with hope and strength just by being near me.  When I'm with him, I feel safe...I feel...something...when I'm with him...

 

 

"AHHHHHH!!!! EEEEEE!!!!!" A group of girls from the convent bombarded us as soon as we stepped-off the bus.  We literally had to use our instruments to repel them.  I just covered my ears. Suddenly, I felt someone's arm around my neck and a strong tug. It was p'. I'm blushing so much right now... He looked at me confidently and said, "Don't worry, I got this Mick". As expected, Ohm was annoyed and attempted to clear a path, "Girls! You are all so loud!  Could you please get out of the way? You're all just not hot enough for me to stay here".  It was a good effort, but I really don't think it worked. The girls just screamed even louder.  My poor ears... 

Still looking confident, p' looked at me and said, "Don't worry. I know karate", which actually made me laugh a lot on the inside even though I only responded with a modest smile.

Once the music club members escaped from the zoo outside, we started to set-up the venue. I was really looking forward to performing...but also a little nervous after seeing who the audience members would be.

Ohm: "Yo, why do all the hot girls have to be so crazy? They were like animals."

Film: "I know! Isn't it great!"

Noh: "Of course you would say that Film...Anyways, alright everyone, pay attention. I have some inspirational words for you.  Do well or I'll stop buying food for the club."

Just then, Ohm stood up from his chair like a soldier who just heard gunshots in the battlefield.

Ohm: "Alright men, you heard the Music Club President. I am your supreme commander. Let's do this thing!  You, chubby boy, get the stands and microphones set-up! You, start practicing your instrument! You, get some water, I'm dying from this heat! You..."

Usually people don't listen to the things he says because...well...he sounds really stupid most of the time.  But, at that moment, he sounded so serious when he gave out commands and, surprisingly, it made everyone do what he said. Ohm...the things you'll do for food...there's really only one thing that occupies your heart. Seeing everyone run around listening to the 'supreme commander', I felt this obligation to start practicing; and before we knew it, it was time for us to perform.

Noh got up on stage and everyone else followed.

The girls were screaming! No surprise there. 

Noh picked up the microhphone and tried to get the girls to settle down, "Testing, testing, one, two, three. Alright everyone settle down...", funny enough, the girls, as Film put it, "...actually calmed the down".

Play this: Scene from the series "Can I hug you?"

Noh: "This is the song that my friend chose."

Ohm gives a cheeky grin to Noh, gives a small wave to the crowd, and speaks into the microphone.

Ohm: "That's me."

Noh then raises an eyebrow and grins while looking at Ohm and says: "I'm not sure if it's for someone special or not".  

The girls scream loudly as p' nervously speaks into the microphone and turns his head towards me. Our eyes meet. 

Ohm: "I just want to hug......"

Why is he looking at me?  Why do I feel my heart racing?  Oh my god, I'm so nervous performing in front of a large crowd.  Just saying, Ohm looks so amazing in this concert lighting...

He sent me a warm smile and, for some reason, it slowed down my speeding heart; I definitely felt less nervous.  It's as if his smile embraced me and he was telling me that he would always be there for me.  I returned the smile.

Ohm: "I just want to hug...everybody"

Watch the same scene and start at 0:30, finish the video, then continue reading.

The concert just finished, but you could literally feel the excitement that was captured in every bone of each girl's body that passed us by.  I could hear the convent girls talking about Phun, Nong Noh...and p'.  I was lost in my own thoughts and couldn't stop thinking about when p' and I were playing the guitar together.  The light in his face, the music, the air...it was just...magical. 

I wanted to hug him...I wanted to feel the warmth of his embrace and never let go. 

 

 

Everyone was cleaning up and trying to bring things back to the bus; 'trying' is the key word because it was impossible to get through the giant swarm of girls.  Then I heard Film shouting something in a mocking tone, "Is Ohm really this lazy?  I bet you a year's worth of lunch money that he's sleeping in the bus".  He was right...where's p'?

I slowly put my stuff down and walked around looking for him.  After a while, I started to worry and felt like a stone just dropped inside my stomach. What if he got kidnapped? What if the girls at the convent dragged him into the washroom and killed him with kisses? 

I ran around looking for him frantically. I even stopped these two girls who were running in their tracks. "Hey have you seen the guy that played the guitar with me on stage?  He looks like a clown and has really spiky hair." Wow! Am I actually this terrible at describing what people look like?  The girls shook their head and ran straight into the back of a crowd of screaming convent girls who were trying to take pictures of the music club members, one more time, before they leave.  Then, I saw him and my worries away. But, my worries became replaced with something else...when...he was holding hands with a convent girl who was wearing 'red' lipstick and laughing.  

Red was Ohm's favourite colour.

I didn't know what came over me.  I felt my heart sink; it was as if my heart was being squeezed and pulled.  I was definitely feeling weak...

Ohm: "Oh, hey Mick! What's up?"

I didn't know what to do. I just followed my instinct to run away. I ran, and ran, and ran...I furiously climbed up the stairs of the first building I could see.  When I got to the top, with all the might that my emotionally-charged body could muster, I pushed open the door to the rooftop.  Stomping with my heavy feet...I arrived at the rooftop and just stopped...

Play this: "(Instrumental) Jar of Hearts"

I was so tired...and it felt like my energy was evaporating into the air...I couldn't breathe...my throat was dry...

I don't know what I feel...I don't know what I felt...I don't...

I just want the world to stop for a moment and let me think...let me make sense of everything that went through my head.  Tears started to descend from my eyes...my tears flowed down my cheek until a drop fell from my chin. Why am I so weak? Why am I so blind? Why couldn't I be a girl...I feel like I'm not good at being a boy.

Then, something startled me, I could hear someone panting and running up the stairs.

Ohm: ".....Mickey...okay...just...let...me...catch my breath."

I looked back and saw Ohm.  I started wiping my face like I was a child that just got covered in dirt.  I tried to stop the tears, but I couldn't, so I just covered my eyes with one of my arms.  

My heart is pounding...pounding like a broken drum. I feel like my heart was slowly being torn to small pieces...I'm feeling so much pain.  I could hear his steps as he came closer to me...and without thinking, I swiftly swung my arm away from my face and firmly placed it in front of me in an attempt to stop his advance.

Mick: "Stop....p'...please...could you please just go downstairs.  I just want to stay here for a bit...you don't have to worry about me.  I'm just a weakling who can't stop crying."

Ohm stopped for a second.  He stopped panting...he clenched his fist tightly...he continued walking towards me.

Ohm: "Mick?  I'm..."

Mick: "No...don't say anything...just let me be.  I just want to be alone."

I don't know why, but I just started to fill with anger.  My anger rose from the depth of my heart and made me want to look at Ohm...dead-in-the-eyes...so he could look into my soul and know, without any doubt, what I'm feeling right now, "P', do you really not know...do you really not know what you mean to me?" I felt so embarrassed for what I just said.

I just closed my eyes tightly out of fear...hoping this was all a nightmare...hoping that I would wake up...

Ohm walked towards me with a calm physique that made the world seem still.  Ohm took one step, and another, and then another.  I still had my eyes shut to keep everything inside of me. I stepped back as he moved closer towards me...until my back was against a wall.

I had no where left to run.  

Then, I opened my eyes.  He was so close to me that I could feel the heat from his warm body caress me like a fireplace.  Still feeling his radiating body heat, I looked up and into his eyes.  They were shining.  And suddenly, I didn't feel so sad...so afraid...or alone.  It was as if they lit-up this dark world; those eyes turned my nightmare into a hopeful dream.   He lowered his face and inched closer towards mine as he said with a confident and soft voice: "Mick, do you know what you mean to me? I would chase you until the world ends."

Play this: "Arms"

With those words...all the pent-up rage I had...the fear...the ambivalence...everything that coursed through my blood...disappeared.  All that was left...was a gentle...warm feeling...in my heart.   

Mick: "P'...I...I just..."

Ohm stole my breath as he firmly pressed his lips on to mine with a passion that was like a spark.  It made me unable to speak and ignited my body.  I could feel my body melting from his radiating warmth and the heat of this moment.  My heart was beating slowly...but it pounded...it pounded so hard...it pounded to the beat of Ohm's hungry pumping treasure.  It was a treasure that was filled with only one desire...a desire to know how much I desired him...and my heart was filled with the desire to know how much he wanted me.

He separated his tender lips from mine.  I looked at him...his firm arms...the desire on his face...it told me that he would never stop wanting me. His sweat was so perfect...it ran down his neck and made his body glisten like the morning dew in the moonlight...it made me feel as if he ran away from the world to find me.  Our lips separated, but my heart was still longing for everything that would come next, "p'...don't stop."

He grabbed my neck and pulled me in fiercely for another kiss.  Only, this time, he wanted more; and I also wanted more.  His tongue lunged into my mouth and I took it all in; I savoured each movement he made.  I closed my eyes so I could just feel the contact of his warmness making his way inside me.  I could feel it...it was slippery and relentless...with the taste of his love making my appetite grow for more of him.  A burning desire grew inside of me and I wanted to know...I wanted to feel...I wanted to experience...experience everything he had to offer.  He moved his left hand down my back and tightened the distance between us by wrapping his arm around my slender waist and pulled me towards his firm chest.  I moaned as our tongues were still dancing with each other...it was a performance that couldn't be stopped.  I stopped thinking and just followed his lead...  

I could feel him pulling me in tighter and tighter; I couldn't breathe.

Our tongues began to separate...but, they were connected by our juices.  Once he slipped out, I breathed heavily, but it was cut short as his tongue dived into my mouth again like it was a swimming pool.  He picked me up by my legs and, with a gentle movement, put me against the wall.  I looked at him one last time...

...then...

...I simply closed my eyes...

...and felt everything this moment had to offer.

I could feel the soft wind blowing in my hair...it was like all my worries were being carried away.  It was this moment...this one moment...that I knew would be engraved into my heart.

No matter what happens tomorrow, in a week, or in a year...I just wanted Ohm with me.  Whatever we are.