final

Elevator

Taemin ran as quickly as he could to catch the elevator, which’s doors were closing till a guy from inside put out his hand to keep it open for him.

“Thank you.” Taemin panted as he rushed in.

The guy only nodded and looked away.

A minute later, the doors opened and they both walked out, unintentionally, side by side to Key’s office, the head of the fashion company they both, apparently, work at.

After knocking and walking in, they were greeted by a soft smile of Key’s. They both smiled back.

“Hello.” Taemin bowed respectfully.

“Hi, Tae.” Key replied.

Only when the other guy wanted to open his mouth, his phone started ringing in his back pocket. His hand reached to the phone as he walked to the corner of the room to take the call.

Taemin looked at him for a couple of moments silently, realizing that the guy was talking in japanese, thanks to all the anime he watches.

“He’s hot.” Taemin said to Key in korean, not even whispering. Key was his boss, but they were great friends back at school, therefore, Taemin was absolutely shameless with him.

The younger heard Key snore and stifle a laugh as he looked through some papers, “Yeah, yeah he is.”

“Why are you mocking me?” Taemin side-eyed his friend, pretending to be mad.

“Who told you that?” Key replied, tone innocent and sweet.

“Look at that jawline-God, he’s perfect.” Taemin took a seat before Key’s desk and looked at the third male in the corner dreamily, who bursted in a fit of coughs suddenly.

Taemin glanced at Key worriedly who had his fist almost shoved in his mouth, trying to suppress his laughs.

The younger gave his friend a look of irritation before snatching the files that he came here for in the first place, and standing up once more to leave to his own office. He had some daydreaming work to do.


 

The next time Taemin saw the hot, tall stranger was when he and Key walked in the company building one morning to find him waiting for the elevator. And Taemin swore that he saw Key wink at the taller when he spotted the two walking into the building, but he decided that he was imagining things.

“There he is.” Taemin grabbed his friend’s arm tightly.

Key only glared at him weirdly before nodding and smiling to the taller, who was standing silently few feet away from them.

“Key,” Taemin called once the three of them were inside the elevator, “what’s his name?”

“Choi Minho.” his friend replied.

“He’s japanese, right?” Taemin asked, lowering his voice this time.

Key chuckled before answering, “Yes, of course.”

And Taemin swore that he saw the two males exchange a secret look after that, but he decided that he was imagining things.



 

“Only if I could speak japanese.” Taemin sighed, his both elbows resting on the table and his hands cupping his face as he watched Minho, who was chatting with a red-haired lady at the other side of the room.

“Bet you he wouldn’t mind that.” Key sipped on his coffee and looked at his friend from behind his mug.

“What do you mean-oh dear, he’s coming.” Taemin nearly choked on his own spit when he saw Minho bow respectfully to the redhead before making his way to their table. He nodded towards Taemin with a slight smile and motioned for Key to get up so they can talk in privacy.

“Aren’t you going to tell him?” Key whispered once they were away from Taemin.

“Aren’t you having fun with this?” Minho asked back.

“Well….Yes, I am-what did you want?”

Minho gave him a knowing look and handed him a heavy file, “There are the papers that you asked for, and few designs for the upcoming winter show.”

“Ah, great. I’ll make sure to check it out.”

“Alright.”

“See you around.”

“Goodbye.” Minho said, rather loudly, in japanese. Leaving Key to shake his head before he walked back to his friend, who was eyeing taller male with glimmering eyes and soft smile.

“Isn’t he handsome, Key.”



 

A couple of days later, Taemin and Key were headed to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee, and when they got to the line, Taemin grabbed his friend’s arm, naturally and out of habit, and squealed when he saw Minho standing there as well.

“You act like a twelve-years old girl, I swear to God.” Key shoved the younger away as he stood behind Minho in the line.

“Oh no, no, no. Move.” Taemin pushed Key back and squeezed himself in between the two males, nudging the taller boy in front of him in the process.

“Sorry-I’m so sorry.” Taemin spoke in broken english, emphasizing his words so the other could understand.

Minho simply waved two hands in the air, dismissing the younger’s apology.

“He smells good.” Taemin turned his head to not-really-whisper to Key, who only cupped his face with one hand in embarrassment.

“Oh come on, he doesn’t understand what I’m saying.” Taemin added.

“I bet he doesn’t.” Key shook his head.

Taemin stayed silent after that for a couple of minutes, his eyes roaming Minho’s back-side shamelessly. The guy was sculpted perfectly after all, who wouldn’t stare.

“I’m going to buy him a Learn Korean In Five Days book so I can date him.” Taemin turned to say to his friend, only to turn back around with his eyes doubled in size when he heard a familiar, deep yet low voice speak in fluent korean,

“I bet he wants to date you too.”

 
*
i actually wanted to delete the forward bc it turned out to be utter garbage but that's not nice, so here. sorry.