Let's Grow Stronger

Not So Different

A/N: Hi! I tried to update earlier but I got swamped with work, but I'll try to keep up the updates. I wanted to make this sweeter to lighten it up after 3 chaps of a lot of heavy topics. 

As always, I really like reading your comments, so don't be afraid to just leave some thoughts or constructive criticism. I hope you enjoy this update!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft mumble stirred me awake. 

"D-don't..." 

Jiyong's arms were around my shoulders, and his legs were tangled amongst all of my blankets. Throughout the course of the night he had managed to almost sneak all the covers to his side. My head was on his chest and his even breathing moved my head up and down. 

I stopped myself from jumping up off the bed as soon as my stomach grumbled. What time is it? I looked over at the clock next to my bed and mentally groaned. It was 9 in the morning. I never woke up that early. 

I glanced at him and slowly slipped away from his embrace. My poor plushies took my place in his arms. I wanted a few moments before moving again. He was too deep asleep to notice I had left. 

My head hurt worse than before and when I tried to think about what had happened that night the pain only increased. I just shook it off and concentrated on the present problem. I had another mouth to feed now and I still didn't know how to cook properly. I also didn't have a lot of food. I searched all over my cabinets and found almost nothing. Ji had been right all along. 

I tied my hair up and started to make some kimchi fried rice for us. I didn't have much to work with and I wanted to at least have something prepared. Even though a lot had happened, I still needed to be the caring noona I always was towards him. I hummed to myself as I finished the dish, and I started to make some tea. His voice had been really hoarse and I knew how much he had been talking. Promoting different activities had to have taken a toll on him. 

Suddenly an arm snuck around my shoulders and I jumped, almost knocking over the plates. 
"Yah!" I pouted and pushed his arm away. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was, until my nose discovered that you could cook." He laughed and moved to peek over my shoulder. "Did you make food for me? What are we having Bom?"

I pushed him away gently and shook my head. "I told you, I'm still your noona, go sit down, and I might just have some food for you. You just have to see." I shooed him away and focused back on my task. 

"Okay noona, I'll go back to bed." 

A smile grazed my lips as I decorated the dish as best as I could. I served him tea in one of my favorite mugs and got one of my old food trays out. There were some cutely drawn figures on it, but he wouldn't mind. I made sure to include a plate for myself and went off to look for him. 

He was sprawled out on my bed, face down. I hadn't even taken that long. I huffed and set the tray down on my bedside table. I poked his arm gently a few times. Nothing. I tapped his shoulder gently. Still nothing. I leaned down to whisper in his ear, "/Jiyo-/"
"Good morning to you too." He quickly turned to me and smirked. 

"Yah! Get up lazy." I pouted and straightened up. "I made you some food, just sit up okay?" 

"Omo, noona made food for me. Is the world ending?" He pretended  to look up and talk to a higher being. 

I narrowed my eyes and puffed my cheeks. "Kwon Jiyong." 

He laughed and sat up, patting his lap with his gummy smile plastered on his face. I set the tray down carefully before moving away. Since there was the plate on the tray for me I moved to the other side of the bed and took a seat. I built a burier of pillows between us. 

"Stay," I wagged my finger at the pillows. He looked over and started to laugh again. 

"Why the little wall noona?" He blinked cutely and leaned on the pillows. "I thought you wanted to have breakfast together."

"We are having breakfast together Ji," I took the plate stacked with my food and glanced at him, trying to keep my face straight. 

"Yes, but with no barrier..." He leaned on the pillows and gave me a pout. He knows I can't resist that pout. 

"Oh, but I thought this was just fine." I tried to hide the small smirk on my face. 

He huffed and sat back up to start eating. He glanced at me, but refused to speak again. His hair was all ruffled and sticking out at odd places, and his eyes were puffy from sleep. My big nightshirt hung a little loose on him and made him seem smaller than he was. He looked like he had been beaten up before he had found me at the bar. I looked in closer and his hands looked worn, his wrists seemed bonier and his leg peaking out from under the covers seemed a lot thinner. 

I shook my head and set the plate down once more. 

"Jiyongggieee?" I leaned against the pillows. 

"Neh?" He refused to turn towards me.

"I'm still your Bommie noona." I laughed and started to take the wall away. 

"Aigo, noona, what am I going to do with you?" He chuckled and turned towards me.

"I'm sorry, I was just a little thrown off after last night." I looked down, worry written all over my face. "Besides, I'm really worried about you, you seemed really tired and you have bags under your eyes and you weren't even dressed properly and you-"

"Noona!" Jiyong laughed and gripped my shoulder gently. "Why were you thrown off?" I knew he was going to get straight to the point.

"It's just.. we haven't dated and we're not dating right now. I thought you also already had a girlfriend. We can't just kiss and forget about it...at least I know I can't." I lowered my head. "So I thought adding a little space would be appropriate."

"Noona, I am not dating anyone right now. Where did you hear that from?" He pulled my chin up gently. 

"It's always on the media, GD's girlfriend, waiting for confirmation from YG. It's okay to have one you know.." 

"It's all lies, that's an old rumor that everyone wants to keep bringing up. You can act however you like around me." He smiled brightly. "I missed my silly Bom noona." 

"And I had missed you a lot too. You've been working a lot lately. I heard from Hyunsuk that you helped Youngbae a lot with his album." I scooted closer and took my plate for the second time. 

"I wouldn't say a lot. I did all I could do to help him and guide him through the music. He needed to take over some and see what it was like to undergo something like this." He looked really serious, his back was straight and seemed tense. This is the G Dragon I knew and loved to work with. "Also I had to have meetings with Bigbang to talk over the set of songs for various concerts and shows, then I got called over to go to Europe last month, for a photoshoot. And I just have to get more songs written for our new album. Fans have been waiting for a long time and everyone is expecting me to just magically come up with music!" He was slightly out of breath at the end of his little speech. 

I took his hand and squeezed it gently. "Jiyong, look at me." I waited for our gazes to meet again. "You don't have to push yourself to write music. Your fans know that you've been really busy and active lately. They will understand that you can't just pump out music overnight. You're a perfectionist and you produce beautiful music because of it. It takes a little longer, but in the end it's always worth it. You've been forgetting to eat, haven't you?" I sighed softly.

"You know how I get. When I get really focused food isn't my priority." He paused and looked me over. "You've been forgetting too, haven't you? And you love food more than anything." He shook his head and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. "I just have to write. I want to push forward and get more of my songs done."

"No, I want you to relax. If you insist on staying with me, then I'm going to get you to relax with me." I smiled. "I will take care of you and get you eating again, we're going to watch your favorite cheesy dramas--the ones that you don't like admitting you watch. Then we are going to secretly eat ice cream and pastries and ramyun, and promise not to tell YG or the trainer. I will make sure you get enough sleep and take care of yourself."

I put my finger over his lips the moment he started to protest. 

"I'll get you back on your feet." 

"Noona, I'll agree as long as you let me take care of you too. You can't just wither away. If anything, we'll wither away together." 

"Yah!" I laughed softly and raised a small fist. "Jiyong fighting!"

He cracked up, hand covering his smiling mouth. "Aigooo noona you still run out of breath every time you say that. It's so cute."
"You will never let me live that down right?" I pouted in an attempt to get him to stop, which never happened. "I'd rather you say that we'll get stronger together. That way we can both look at it positively and move forward."
"I promise, then to grow stronger by your side."