Chapter 6 - Late Night Swims

Say Love

Taekwoon sat in the bathroom for so long he stopped trying to keep count, head in his hands and not sure what he was supposed to do. Was he supposed to just pretend that it hadn’t happened? Confront Wonshik? Call his wife? Just leave the business trip early?

He couldn’t just leave - he had a responsibility to the company and he was going to see that through. There was no way he could pretend it hadn’t happened. He didn’t want to even think about what Hyosonn would say if she knew, and what would he even say? Would he admit that he’d cheated on her with someone and enjoyed it, had felt it coming and wouldn’t have wanted it to be with someone else?

Who was he kidding? He had been thinking about Wonshik for weeks.

Sighing into his hands, Taekwoon rolled his neck so his head was up against the glass of the shower door.

He didn’t want to confront Wonshik with it, either.

Eventually he stood, not making a decision and simply letting what would happen happen. Cracking open the door, Taekwoon looked around, noticing the lack of anyone else in the room and slipping out silently before he plopped down on Wonshik’s bed. He stared at his bed, mind running through everything that had happened that morning before he fell back into the blanket.

He couldn’t even bring himself to lie and say he hadn’t wanted it, and that was what he worried about the most.

For the second time that day Taekwoon lost track of time, not even bothering to change out of his pajamas. When he heard the door open he didn’t even bother to sit up, Wonshik walking in silently and sitting on the opposite bed. He looked down, focus on his hands as he toyed with the material of his pants. There was a long silence.

“So, are we not going to talk abou-”

“No,” Taekwoon cut in, looking up at the ceiling and pursing his lips. Glancing up, Wonshik frowned.

“Not at all?” he asked, Taekwoon shaking his head.

“No,” Taekwoon repeated, a little hint of a sigh in his tone as Wonshik looked away. Nodding, Wonshik flicked his hair out of his face and let out a little sigh.

“So we’re just gonna sit here in silence for the rest of the week?” he asked, Taekwoon frowning and finally sitting up. He looked at Wonshik, opening his mouth to speak but not knowing what to say. Wonshik looked almost as shaken up about the whole thing as he did, and Taekwoon watched the other man fidgeting in his spot. He felt bad, but he didn’t know what to say. So he simply stood, walking over to the other bed and sitting down next to Wonshik. Wonshik just looked at him, blinking as Taekwoon rested his chin on his shoulder.

For a long while Wonshik just watched him, not sure what to do until he felt a little shaky breath from the other man. That was when he sighed, reaching down to take hold of Taekwoon’s hand. Taekwoon glanced down, staring for a moment before instead moving to slip his fingers between Wonshik’s. He gave his hand a soft squeeze, Wonshik smiling just a bit before he leaned his head on Taekwoon’s.

“... Are you gonna try to forget it?” Wonshik asked, Taekwoon thinking for a second before hesitantly shaking his head.

“No…” he mumbled, Wonshik not bothering to respond and instead just giving Taekwoon’s hand a squeeze. Taekwoon watched with a little smile, not letting Wonshik see it and immediately forcing his smile to drop away a moment later.

Taekwoon didn’t know how to admit that he wanted what had happened to happen again.

They sat in silence for a long time, Wonshik finally letting Taekwoon’s hand go so he could stand. He turned back to face Taekwoon, looking at him for a moment before settling one of his hands in his pocket.

“While I was out getting some air this morning I found one of those really nice restaurants,” he said, Taekwoon looking up at him and blinking. It was almost innocent and Wonshik looked down at him, biting his lip before his lip twitched up in a smile. “And… You can’t look at me like that,” he finished, Taekwoon quirking a brow as Wonshik shook his head and chuckled. It was almost awkward, almost forced, but as Taekwoon watched he saw Wonshik relax just a bit and he nodded, looking down.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, Wonshik shaking his head once more.

“No, it’s cool,” he replied, waving it off before letting out a sharp breath. “Do you want to get something to eat?”

Taekwoon hadn’t eaten all day, and in truth he was starving. But going to get food with Wonshik would probably dig him into a deeper hole. Even sitting here looking at the other man was enough to make him realize just how much he enjoyed the other man. Taekwoon would even go as far as saying he liked him a bit more than he had thought. Still, he sighed, nodding and standing before glancing down at the pajamas he was still wearing.

“In a minute,” he added to his silent response, Wonshik smiling and watching as Taekwoon grabbed some of his more casual clothes and walked into the bathroom to change.

It didn’t take the two long to get ready, heading down to the restaurant in the hotel and getting a table relatively easily considering it was still early. They looked over the menu, ordering food and sipping on their drinks - wine and beer like the first time they’d gone out - before either of them really started talking to each other.

“I’m sorry… About this whole…” Wonshik started, voice trailing off as he gestured vaguely to complete the sentence. Taekwoon just shook his head, leaning back in his chair as he sighed into his glass.

“I said I didn’t want to talk about this,” he replied, Wonshik staring at him blankly before picking up his beer.

“Man, I gave you a damn ‘good morning’ , how are we not going to talk about it?” he asked quietly, Taekwoon coughing into his wine before setting the glass down on the table. He glared at Wonshik, who simply shrugged. “What? I’m not lying,” he added, Taekwoon staring down before he let out a deep breath.

“I know…” he mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. “You don’t have to say it like that, though. I didn’t forget.” Wonshik sighed, leaning his head back.

“Yeah. So is there actually something…?” he asked, gesturing between the two of them and looking at Taekwoon. “Because I know you’re married but that happened and you’ve been close to kissing me a few times now.” Taekwoon held up his hands to try to get Wonshik to talk quieter. Eventually he did, dropping his voice and leaning forward so he was closer to the other man. “So did you mean those things or was it some huge misunderstanding on my part?”

“I said I didn’t want to talk about this,” Taekwoon replied, Wonshik groaning in irritation.

“You’re stubborn as hell,” he said, shaking his head. “Just admit you have a thing for me and I’ll stop asking,” he added, Taekwoon staring at him for a second before picking up his wine glass. He took a sip, still gripping it but letting one finger trace the rim lightly.

“Maybe… I don’t know,” he mumbled in reply, Wonshik noting the drop in his tone and how he seemed almost nervous. Taekwoon kept his eyes trained on his hands. “I think so.” There was a long pause before Taekwoon looked up at Wonshik, brows furrowed. “Yes. I do. And I don’t even know why. And I should stop but I can’t, and I’m not sure if I want to. I can’t even remember the last time I felt like this with Hyosonn, and I don’t know what to do about it.”

“Get a divorce?” Wonshik suggested, Taekwoon shooting him a glare.

“It’s not that simple. What do I even tell her?” he asked, Wonshik thinking for a second before nodding in agreement. “That’s why I need to stop this… thing,” he said, gesturing between the two of them. “It was a mistake.”

“Even though it wasn’t,” Wonshik cut in, Taekwoon looking down and clearing his throat.

“It was a mistake to let it get this far,” Taekwoon replied, Wonshik sighing and looking away. He was about to reply when the waitress walked up, dropping their food off with a smile and leaving the two alone. “Let’s just… eat and talk about something else,” he requested softly, Wonshik watching him take a bite of food before he nodded in agreement.

“Okay.”

For the rest of the meal the two tried to go back to the simple small talk they used to make, and for the most part it worked, though Taekwoon would notice himself thinking how good Wonshik looked, or how nice his hands were, his lips were, his face was. He tried his best to push the thoughts from his mind, Wonshik grabbing the check when the waitress dropped it off and slipping his credit card in to pay for it without even giving Taekwoon a chance. Frowning, Taekwoon fell back in his seat, shaking his head.

“I’ll pay you back later,” he mumbled, Wonshik grinning.

“Sounds like an invitation,” Wonshik replied, Taekwoon staring at him before forcing himself to look away. He could feel the bit of heat in his cheeks from embarrassment but he said nothing in response, instead just watching as Wonshik left a tip and they headed out.

Taekwoon couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that it had felt more like an awkward date than anything else. But once more he kept his mouth shut, focusing on the floor as they headed back to the room. For the rest of the day they stayed in, watching what little they could get on the television and settling on movies that both of them had no doubt already seen. It almost felt like the two had found some semblance of how it used to be, and Taekwoon was simply pleased that they were laughing and joking again.

As they got ready for bed and Taekwoon curled under the covers, he stared at the empty spot beside him, nibbling his lip as he thought. Wonshik walked out of the bathroom, looking over the other man before he paused, head cocked.

“Do you want me to sleep next to you again?” he asked, Taekwoon looking up at him and blinking.

He should have said no.

But that didn’t stop him from nodding and pulling the covers back a bit, Wonshik smiling just a bit and slipping under the sheets. He curled up on his side after reaching up and turning out the light next to them, facing Taekwoon as Taekwoon let his eyes adjust to the sudden darkness.

And he couldn’t stop himself from looking Wonshik over as he lay there, feeling more comfortable with the other man curled next to him than he could ever remember feeling with Hyosonn.

“Wonshik?” he mumbled, Wonshik not even bothering to open his eyes as he answered.

“Hm?” he hummed, Taekwoon looking down.

“Did today feel like a date to you?” he asked quietly, Wonshik laughing to himself. He cracked his eyes open just a bit, moving his hand to rest on Taekwoon’s cheek.

“Taekwoon, today would have been a date, if you weren’t married,” he replied, eyes locked with Taekwoon’s for a moment before he patted the other man’s cheek and closed his eyes again. That left Taekwoon staring at him, thankful that the room was dark so that Wonshik couldn’t see him blushing.

For a long while he stared at Wonshik, the other man’s hand falling from his cheek eventually to rest on the bed instead. Taekwoon couldn’t even stop himself from taking Wonshik’s hand, curling his in it loosely and noticing the little smile on Wonshik’s face.

Taekwoon was in deep.

He would never have thought he would quietly, silently, admit to himself that he was falling for another man, but he was. Of course it was at the exact wrong time in his life and he needed to stop himself, but when he watched the other man beside him falling asleep he was finding it difficult to.

Sighing to himself, he leaned forward, forehead resting against Wonshik’s and noses almost touching. Hesitantly he let his arm curl around Wonshik, Wonshik settling into his spot before he reached out and wrapped his own arm around Taekwoon, holding him close and letting his leg slip between Taekwoon’s. It was innocent this time, just so that they could comfortably lie there and fall asleep, and Taekwoon let out a little breath, his hand sliding up from where it was to rest on Wonshik’s shoulder.

He didn’t remember much else, falling asleep shortly after and feeling comfortably warm.

When he woke up the next morning they were in nearly the same position but much closer, Wonshik having pulled Taekwoon even closer during the night and still fast asleep. Taekwoon hesitantly opened his eyes, trying to force himself to believe that his alarm wasn’t going off. He glared at his phone, out of reach on the nightstand as there was a certain Wonshik between him and the ringing. But looking at Wonshik, Taekwoon almost didn’t want to wake him.

Humming contentedly, Taekwoon curled in closer to Wonshik for a moment, tiredly looking him over. For one moment he considered leaning forward more, their noses touching before he stopped himself and simply rubbed the tips of their noses together. Wonshik was still for a second before he smiled, yawning a moment later and opening his eyes. He looked at Taekwoon before grinning, sliding his hand up to rest on Taekwoon’s neck. Taekwoon felt his thumb rubbing little circles into his skin and he bit his lip, gaze flicking to Wonshik’s lips for just a moment.

“Good morning,” he mumbled, Taekwoon staring at him before awkwardly forcing himself to sit up. Wonshik just watched, Taekwoon standing and facing the opposite direction for a second before he walked toward the bathroom.

“Good morning,” he replied, opening the door of the bathroom before turning his head to face Wonshik. “I’m going to shower. You can use it when I’m done,” he said, Wonshik watching as the other man disappeared into the bathroom. Eventually he heard the water running and he forced himself out of bed, getting clothes together for the day ahead.

Taekwoon wouldn’t admit out loud why his shower took a bit longer than usual.

The day went like two days before had, though it was full of more questions about why Taekwoon and Wonshik hadn’t been in any meetings the day before. They simply answered that they had gotten some type of food poisoning from something they’d ordered to the room and everyone seemed to believe them, talking amongst themselves about how they weren’t going to be getting room service any time soon.

Taekwoon himself was distracted all day, eyes drawn by Wonshik whenever he had to chance to look. Every once in a while the other man would catch him looking and Taekwoon would clear his throat and look away, trying to pretend he hadn’t been staring and not seeing Wonshik’s smile in response.

When they finally got back to the room Taekwoon kicked off his shoes and took off his business coat, setting it over the dresser and sitting down on the bed to take off his socks. Wonshik followed suit, sitting down next to Taekwoon and pushing his hair back.

“Mm, at least we made it to meetings today,” he said with an awkward laugh, falling back onto the bed. Taekwoon looked back at him, thinking for a moment before lying back as well. He bit his lip, looking up at the ceiling for a second before scooting so that his head was resting on Wonshik’s arm. Wonshik looked down with a bit of surprise, bending his arm but making sure Taekwoon could still rest there as he played absently with Taekwoon’s hair. “I’m thinking of going to relax at the pool. Do you wanna come with me?” he asked, Taekwoon looking up at him before shrugging.

“It’d be a nice end to a long day,” he replied, sitting comfortably for a moment. He could smell Wonshik’s cologne and for a little while he simply enjoyed that, Wonshik still quietly running his fingers through Taekwoon’s hair.

“So… pool?” Wonshik asked, pulling Taekwoon from almost dozing off when he nudged him. Taekwoon nodded, rolling off the bed and grabbing the swim trunks he’d brought. Wonshik did the same, Taekwoon changing in the bathroom and Wonshik changing at the same time in the bedroom.

When Taekwoon walked out of the bathroom Wonshik couldn’t help but pause, gaze moving up and down the other man’s body. He tried to be subtle but failed, Taekwoon watching him and trying to hide the little smile as he grabbed a shirt and towel. Wonshik followed his lead, pulling a tank top on and walking behind Taekwoon the whole way to the pool.

When they finally got there the two looked around, not many people swimming or at the pool at all. Wonshik looked at Taekwoon, about to suggest they just jump in when he noticed the other man had already pulled his shirt off and set his towel down. He couldn’t help it.

The moment Taekwoon was close enough to the edge of the pool Wonshik ran up, pushing him in and hearing the other man scream in shock before he hit the water. Wonshik laughed, watching Taekwoon surface and push his hair out of his face. Grinning, Wonshik crouched near the edge of the pool. shirt now off as he chuckled.

“How does the water feel?” he asked through laughter, Taekwoon shaking his head. He didn’t even bother responding verbally, instead deciding to reach up and pull Wonshik into the water as well. Wonshik nearly yelped, falling in with a loud splash as the few people who were in the pool looked over with curious glances.

Wonshik resurfaced, coughing a bit and shaking his hair out before he started laughing.

“It feels nice!” he exclaimed, sinking back down into the water until his chin touched the surface. “Taekwoon?” he said, Taekwoon looking over at Wonshik with raised brows. He was surprised when he was met with a faceful of water, Wonshik splashing him and grinning.

Taekwoon felt like he wasn’t even on a business trip. It felt like he was on vacation as a kid, playing with a friend in the pool, and for a while the two of them simply relaxed in the water. They’d been right - it had been a great way to end the day.

When Taekwoon finally got out of the water he shivered, looking to Wonshik and about to grab his towel when he noticed the hot tub. He remembered Wonshik mentioning something about it, and with no one there that was where he headed instead, slipping in and immediately sighing in relaxation.

This was how he wanted to end his day.

A few minutes later he heard a little splash beside him and he opened his eyes, Wonshik settling near him and closing his eyes.

“I need a hot tub I can use all the time,” he mumbled, Taekwoon smiling a bit and closing his eyes once more. He had to agree, nodding silently and not noticing Wonshik reaching for him. He took Taekwoon’s hand, Taekwoon glancing down at their hands through the ripple of water and forcing himself not to smile.

Wonshik was making it harder and harder to deny himself of what he was really wanting.

Taekwoon leaned his head back onto the concrete ridge of the hot tub, turning to look at Wonshik. Eventually Wonshik turned to look at Taekwoon as well, smiling happily.

“This is nice,” Wonshik admitted softly, Taekwoon nodding. For a moment they were still, then Wonshik pulled Taekwoon closer, effectively moving the other man into his lap. Taekwoon blinked at him, a bit shocked at the sudden change in position, and he glanced around.

In the time they’d been at the pool most of the other guests had left, leaving the two alone for the most part. But that didn’t change the fact that this was still very public and they were still very close.

“Wonshik…” he started, Wonshik shaking his head and not letting him continue. He just grinned up at Taekwoon, whose worried expression dropped as he looked at Wonshik’s face.

The other man just looked so comfortable, and Taekwoon understood because that was how he felt. Despite how they were situated he didn’t feel as awkward as he thought he would, not even trying to move. Wonshik leaned forward, resting his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder. Taekwoon just stared at him, not sure what to say until Wonshik looked up at him with a content, happy smile.

“You can’t look at me like that,” he mumbled, Wonshik raising a brow.

“What? Why?” he asked, Taekwoon looking down at Wonshik’s lips before closing his eyes and dropping his head.

“Because it makes me want to kiss you, and I know I shouldn’t do that,” he admitted even softer, Wonshik’s smile dropping as he blushed slightly. There was a pause, Wonshik swallowing deeply before looking down.

“Do you… want me to let you go?” he asked, Taekwoon letting out a deep breath and shaking his head. “No?”

Taekwoon swallowed deeply, Wonshik reaching up and sliding his hand to rest on Taekwoon’s neck. Taekwoon took in a quick breath.

“... Do you want me to kiss you?” Wonshik asked, Taekwoon’s focus locked with Wonshik’s. He wanted to nod but he forced himself not to. Even then his body leaned forward, only pausing when his nose touched Wonshik’s and he could feel the other man’s breath on his lips. He closed his eyes.

“We should go back to the room,” Taekwoon said softly, words whispered against Wonshik’s lips before he pushed away from the other man. He floated in the middle of the jacuzzi for a moment then got out, making his way over to his towel as quickly as he could so the cold didn’t get to him. He dried himself off, wrapping the towel around himself by the time Wonshik got to him. Neither of them even bothered putting their shirts back on, just walking to the room and changing into dry clothes. They didn’t even bother showering, both deciding it would be easier to shower in the morning.

Taekwoon sat down on his bed, about to lie under the covers when he noticed Wonshik getting into the other bed. He didn’t even say anything, simply closing his eyes and sighing as Taekwoon watched.

For a while he sat there, warring in his mind if he should stay there, trying to tell himself that that was the right choice, that he needed to stop where he was before he fell more for the other man. Reaching over, Taekwoon turned off the light.

Then he got up, slipping under the covers of Wonshik’s bed.

When he settled there Wonshik turned to face him, one brow raised as he curled up on his side to face Taekwoon. Hesitantly, Taekwoon reached out, his hand resting on Wonshik’s cheek. It was almost a shaky motion and Wonshik shot the other man’s hand a sideways glance, reaching up to rest his hand on top of Taekwoon’s before he looked back, smiling softly.

“Taekwoon…” he mumbled, scooting just a bit closer. “... Do you want me to kiss you?” he asked softly, Taekwoon his lips anxiously before he took a deep breath, nodding hesitantly. The surprise Wonshik felt showed on his face and for a moment he didn’t know how to react, his hand on Taekwoon’s sliding up his arm to rest on his shoulder. He gave it a little squeeze, moving closer until their noses were touching.

He took in a quick breath when he finally leaned forward, lips pressed against Taekwoon’s almost gently and pulling back with a soft sigh. Their lips disconnected with a soft smack, Taekwoon’s eyes having closed. He couldn’t help when he his lips though this time it wasn’t anxious. When he opened his eyes Wonshik smiled.

“Good night,” he said, Taekwoon staring at him before he leaned forward again, lips pressing against Wonshik’s and hand sliding back from the other man’s cheek to rest in his hair. Wonshik was surprised once again but he quickly relaxed, his arm curling around Taekwoon to pull him close as their lips worked together.

Wonshik hummed into the kiss, tilting his head and pulling Taekwoon to rest partially on top of him as the kiss continued. He let his tongue trace the other man’s lower lip, Taekwoon sighing into the connection and letting his lips part.

He felt like he was becoming a broken record but he couldn’t remember the last kiss he’d had like this, one that left him gasping for breath and groaning at the mere heat. He felt Wonshik’s hands both smoothe up his back and he let out a little groan, gripping Wonshik’s hair just slightly before biting down on Wonshik’s lower lip. It wasn’t hard, just enough for Wonshik to feel his teeth, but Wonshik groaned, one hand balling into a fist before he pulled away enough to talk.

“If you do that again it’s going to get me in trouble,” he nearly purred, and Taekwoon bit his lip, pulling away with a shaky breath and lying back down on the bed. He stayed close, taking Wonshik’s hand like he had to night before.

“Yeah… Sorry,” he mumbled, Wonshik smirking before leaning forward.

“Don’t apologize,” he said, pressing another kiss against Taekwoon’s lips. He pulled away a moment later, still smirking. “I liked it.”

Taekwoon stared at him, smiling back just a bit before Wonshik reached forward, pushing Taekwoon’s hair out of his face.

“Now we need to sleep. Tomorrow’s meetings start early,” he stated matter-of-factly, Taekwoon nodding. Wonshik watched Taekwoon settle into his spot, sighing before he moved his arm under Taekwoon’s head. Taekwoon watched him before Wonshik patted his chest, Taekwoon smiling softly and letting his head rest in that spot.

One arm draped over Wonshik’s chest, Taekwoon drifted off to sleep, Wonshik close behind him.

Taekwoon had a lot to worry about when he got back, but for now all he wanted to think about was Wonshik next to him and how comfortable it felt.