Never Regret

Lonely Love Tonight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Running down the hallway, his breath coming in sharp gasps, Baro caught the looks of the other students. Most were covert glares, offered as he passed in a rush, but some were curious while even fewer amused. He was late, and from their laughter, he knew they could tell.

Careening around a corner, he made it to his classroom door and pulled. It was locked. "Of course!" he mumbled, cursing under his breath. He wasn't even five minutes late, but the councilors at his new university had warned him that the professors liked to lock the doors as soon as class started. It kept out interuptions, they said, but Baro thought it was just a way to ruin student's days.

He leaned his head against the wall beside the door, panting to catch his breath, ignoring the looks of passersby. If only he'd been able to find a parking space! It was the first day at this new university; he had transfered from one in his hometown to a bigger University in Seoul for a better opportunity.

Because being locked out of a classroom was a better opportunity. But he had arrived early, found that the parking lot was much, much bigger than anticipated, and spent what felt like forever finding a spot to park his beat up old car. By the time he made it to the front desk, to get a map to the building, it was time for his first class, Astronomy, to start.

Astronomy was one of those majors that others like to laugh at him for, but for Baro, it was important. The sky was one of his greatest passions, and though he knew that he likely wouldn't go on to get a PhD in Astronomy, he knew that he could use his major to gain access is engineering fields. 

Too bad he couldn't gain access to his classroom.

He turned to leave, intent on finding his next classroom and waiting for it to open, and ran smack into another student. The smaller man was bowled right over, though Baro hadn't thought that he had collided with him very hard. As he landed on the floor with an 'oomph' of air, Baro was already reached down to offer a hand to help him back up.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" he gushed, pulling the smaller, spectacled young man to his feet. The stranger brushed off his hind end and looked up at Baro with a frown.

And Baro's breath caught in his throat as he was pulled in by those large brown eyes.

"Is the classroom locked?" the shorter man asked, a hint of exhasperation in his voice. After a moment Baro realized that he was staring and cleared his throat, looking back at the locked door to clear his mind from the spell he'd been put under.

"Uh... yes. I was late too."

"Figures," the other mumbled with a sigh, shaking his head in frustration. "Excuse me, please," he added, and moved to step around Baro to head down the hall in the opposite direction Baro had intended.

"Wait, what's your name?" Baro called after him, still caught up in the moment.

The other student gave a slight smile over his shoulder, then shrugged as he offered it up. "Sandeul."

 

Two days later, Baro made it to his astronomy class on time. He was quite happy with the accomplishment, but as he looked around and found that Sandeul was not there, he felt a pang of guilt. As the professor checked the clock, then locked the door, Baro let out of huff of air and settled into his seat.

It seemed only moments had passed, but then he saw a face peek into the classroom through the small, vertical window in the door. Sandeul. Baro glanced quickly at the professor, noted that his back was turned and stood from his desk. He knew it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, given that he already hadn't made a great impression on the older man, but he couldn't just sit there and do nothing.

He pushed open the door, ever so slightly, enough for Sandeul to grasp it, and then darted back to his seat before the professor turned from writing out the day's lesson points on the board. He heard several other students let out snickers at his subterfuge, but he didn't care. At least he ahdn't been caught!

Sandeul pulled the door open as quietly as he could, trying not to be heard by the busy professor, but it was to no avail. As it closed behind him, it gave a loud snick, and the older man turned abruptly. 

"How did you get in?" he demanded, brows drawn down over his eyes as he glared at the newcomer.

Sandeul gave a miniscule shrug and motioned at the door behind him. "It was open," he said softly. After a moment the professor heaved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter