Belle Of The Ball

Double Agents

Hyemi knocked on her own front door and the maid opened the door. “Miss Hyemi! You’re home!”

“Is my dad here?” She asked while stepping inside.

“No he’s at work, I’ll call him for you and let him know you’re home”

“Thanks” Hyemi walked upstairs and took a much needed shower.

-

Hyemi’s father came rushing in her room “Hyemi?! Hyemi Pumpkin?”

“Hey daddy” Hyemi came out of the bathroom in an elegant black gown with a slit on the side.

“Pumpkin…” He stopped and looked at her dress “Where are you going?”

“To the ball. Aren’t you coming?” Hyemi put on some earrings and started working on her hair.

“I’ll be a bit late. Shouldn’t you tell me what happened? Who took you?” he asked impatiently.

Hyemi put down her brush and pulled out the fake tears “Daddy, it was awful” she ran over and gave him a hug. She couldn’t remember the last time she hugged her father so this was an especially strange experience. “I just want my old life back. Can we talk about what happened tomorrow?”

He father awkwardly patted her back. “Sure thing pumpkin. But we will talk about it” He pulled her off of him and straightened his suit. “I have to go-“

“To work I know. I’ll see you later”

He turned around before he left. “Before I go, I got you some body guards. They are waiting downstairs”

“Body gaurds?” This was an unexpected bump in the plan.

“All right, I’ll be going”

“Bye daddy”

Hyemi waited until her father left and then pressed the button on her earrings. The earrings were given to her by Junhyung for the mission. They were actually a walkie talkie device. “Gikwang?” she called.

“Everything okay?” he responded.

“My father got me body guards”

He didn’t say anything.

“Gikwang?”

“Yeah, you’re just going to have to ditch them” he told her.

“Ditch them? How?”

Gikwang laughed through the earring “C’mon, you’re telling me a rich girl like you has never ditched a body guard before”

Hyemi opened her window. “It doesn’t look that far down” First she threw her heels down and then she climbed down the side of the building. Once on the lawn she saw Hyunseung waiting for her by her limo.

“What took you so long?” he opened the door for her.

“Sorry, just had to climb out the second story window” She stepped into the cab and Hyunseung followed.

“Ms. Hyemi?” The driver turned around to see her. “Who is this gentleman?”

“Him?” She slightly panicked.

Hyunseung slipped his arm around her and pulled her close “I’m her date”

“Yeah he’s my date” she agreed.

“What about your body guards?”

“They’re going to meet us there” Hyemi blurted

“They wanted to let us have some alone time” Hyunseung put his hand on her knee.

The driver turned back around “Okay”

During the ride Hyunseung wasn’t minding making their act look convincing. “Tell me that I look good in a suit” he whispered.

Hyemi really didn’t want to but had no choice. “You look good in a suit”

“Aw, thanks babe” he grinned.

-

They walked in arms linked. “This is a nice hotel” Hyunseung checked out the ballroom.

“Oh no” Hyemi whined “It’s my father”

“I’m already meeting your father, wow you must really like me” Hyunseung teased.

“Pumpkin, where are your guards?” he asked “And who is this?”

Hyemi smiled “This is my boyfriend, remember I asked you if you wanted to meet him but you said you had to work”

He nodded “I think I remember”

“My guards should be around here somewhere. I told them to hang back so I could be alone with Hyunseung” Lies came flowing out of .

“Well I’d be more comfortable if they were closer”

“Lighten up daddy. Nothing is going to happen”

“All right, well you two have fun”

“Oh we will” Hyunseung smirked.

Hyemi’s father game him a look before walking off. Hyemi elbowed Hyunseung hard. “Don’t say things like that around my dad!”

-

They walked around for a bit taking in their surroundings. Hyemi decided to Gikwang an update, she slipped a hand up to her earring pretending to adjust it. “Looks like there’s a table to the right where people are making donations, looks like it’s mostly checks.”

Gikwang responds “Okay, just get the account number and get out of there”

She tried to make her way over there but is pulled to the dance floor by a clumsy old man. “C’mon let’s dance!”

“I’m sorry sir, I’m here with my boyfriend” She tried to get away casually.

“It’s fine with me” Hyunseung moved closer to her and whispered in her ear “Act natural”

So, against her will, she is pulled to the dance floor. This old man was either a huge klutz or he was super drunk. He kept throwing her around and making her dizzy.

He does one big spin and she suddenly lands in the arms of another man. “Oops sorry” she looks up and is surprised to see Yoseob standing there. “Yoseob!”

“Happy to see me?”

She nodded “What are you doing here?”

“Thought you might need my help”

Dancing with Yoseob felt so easy and simple. His arms wrapped around her making her feel safe and light. She had almost forgot they were on a mission.

“Hey, looks like the doors are open”

“Huh?” She followed his eyes to a door behind the donation table. “Oh yeah” She was slightly disappointed to figure out that she was enjoying the dance way more than Yoseob was.

“Let’s go”

“What about Hyunseung?”

“No time, we got to move now” he pulled her arm and dragged her into the room. “Hyemi, stay on lookout” Yoseob started digging through papers for the account number.

She peeked out the crack in the door. Suddenly she felt a breeze on her neck. Her body got tense. “Hey babe” Hyunseung whispered.

Hyemi jumped and almost screamed. She smacked his arm. “You jerk, you scared me. Where have you been?”

Hyunseung held up a piece of paper “Getting this” he slipped it into his jacket pocket.

Together, Hyunseung, Hyemi and Yoseob rejoined the party. Hyemi started heading towards the door when Yoseob stopped her. “We can’t just leave. People will notice. We have to stay and enjoy the party”

Hyemi agreed “Act natural”

Hyunseung held out his hand “May I have this dance?”

Hesitantly she takes his hand and he takes her out to the dance floor. Of course it’s the waltz, Hyunseung puts one hand in hers and the other on her waist. Surprisingly he isn’t that bad of a dancer. But Hyemi can’t help but feel like his hand was starting to move a little too far south. She took her hand off his shoulder and moved his hand up higher on her waist, then placed her hand back on his shoulder. Then after a few moments he did it again, he slowly started moving his hand down making Hyemi move it back.

Yoseob couldn’t take any more of this “Can I cut in?” He asked.

“Yes please” Hyemi begged.

“What? We barely danced!” he complained.

Then Yoseob froze. “Hyung, look over there”

A woman was freaking out at the donation table. She was frantically searching for something amongst her papers.

“We better go” Hyunseung looked for a way out.

Hyemi gasped “My guards!”

Yoseob and Hyunseung looked over to the entrance and without a doubt there was Hyemi’s body guards talking with her father.

Hyunseung searched for another way out. “Upstairs”