First Job

Lipstick, Check

"Mom.." 

"Yoona..."

"Mom, I miss you a lot!"

"I miss you, too, my little deer!" The woman wiped her tears as she waved to her daughter who was waving to her through the train's window. Yeah, that daughter named Im Yoona and she was going to the capital of South Korea today, Seoul. She just wanted to stay at home with her family yet her mother kept pushing her away and a part of Yoona also wanted to have a big job so she decided to move to Seoul. 

"Mom, let me come down so we can live together—"

"You , if you come here I will cut your favorite dress and cut your money!" The woman who was acting dramatically before suddenly turned into an angry old lady next door which made Yoona snapped back to reality. "Um, i, if you say so, mom!" She sniffed, mother just wanted to spend some time with her new step-father, that was a part of the reasons why she wanted Yoona to move away so badly. The young girl said goodbye to her mother for the last time when she heard people said the doors would be closing.

Yoona haven't taken her eyes off the window, she still looked at her mother and the woman just pulled her phone out, wiped her tears while smiling and talking on the phone. "Mom?! What the hell??" That called acting! Yoona yelled and she rolled her eyes as she made herself a seat and she could feel everyone's gaze on her. "..Sorry." She mumbled, was too big, eh? She then covered her face with a magazine.

Goodbye, Gyeongdae. Yoona smiled to herself as she closed her eyes.

By the time Yoona opened her eyes again, she had arrived at the airport. She spent one and a half hour at the airport and of course, the girl was feeling super tired. She wanted to take another nap, she had been taking too many naps so far by now yet the sleepiness was still around her.

"Yes, she is going to attend Hyungsoo's wedding tonight!"

"Woaaa!! I can't wait to see new photos of her! When was the last time we saw her newest photos? Yesterday, gosh it's been a long day!"

Are they for real? Yoona clicked her tounge as she listened to the noisy girls sat next to her. They were pointing at their phone and talked about a celebrity. It's just yesterday, heol, this world is totally messed up. 

"Kim Taeyeon is perfect, I'm scared that she is going to be the tonight's attention and steal the bride's position."

"Ey, you mean she would let herself marry Park Hyungsoo? That guy sure is handsome but he has beard and hairy body, ew!" 

"Not like that! I mean, she doesn't care about what people think, the only thing she cares about is being brighter than everybody! That's why Taeyeon is the best!" Those girls smiled proudly as they kept talking. Uh, how is that kind of person is the best? That sounds like a total , I mean bad girl for me! Well, celebrities. I'm not gonna work for anyone like that but wait, did they say.. Kim Taeyeon? Kim Taeyeon, the hottest actress and singer at the moment? She didn't know much about her but gosh, her mother also liked that girl! "Her beauty is priceless! Even if she doesn't wear makeup, she's the true goddess! Yoona, if you do the makeup for this girl, you are going to be rich!" That was what her mother told her, too.

"Ah, but I would never be able to workd for such a goddess." She smiled coyly as she stood up and ready for her trip.

 

Seoul, 3:00pm.

"..." 

"...."

"................"

"." 

Four people sat together inside a room, a thin female with glasses and messy hair was standing in front of the gorgeous blonde girl who was sitting on the sofa. Next to the blondie, a male with his beautiful complexion which made women jealous of with a handsome young face, a girl who looked pretty young with beautiful strawberry-blonde hair and doll-like eyes. The room filled with silence as all of them stared at the blonde as if they were waiting for something. 

"Noona, don't worry, Topstarz takes the worst photos! Not only you but there are plenty of people who look even worse in their photos!" The boy spoke up and the next moment, he received a death glare from the blonde. "N, no, I don't mean that you are ugly! You are beautiful and so other people, Topstarz's cameras are just too old and bull."

"Do you know Kwon Yuri?" The blonde spoke up, eyes still sticked on the Ipad she was holding on her hands. 

"Yes, I know." The other three answered.

"She looks so beautiful even if Topstarz takes photos of her. Look, no shining cheeks and forehead, doesn't have pimples although they have super high quality cameras." She looked at the photos of a girl with tan skin and a beautiful smile, her face remained cold. "So do you understand what does that mean yet?"

"...Yes." The boy and the girl stood near the blonde nodded while the girl with the messy hair was still confused. "Unnie, w, what does that mean?" She was trembling. 

"That means because of the makeup." She shut down her Ipad and put it on the table, eyes looked up at the messy hair. "You are an expert when it comes to makeup, aren't you? You said you were confident in your ability when you did the interview." 

"I, but unnie, I."

"Get out, you are fired."

"...Taeyeon??!!" The three of them both shouted at the blonde. "Taeyeon, hang out, we just hired her for a week, you can't do this." The guy held her shoulders and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "So do you want to get fired as well? Byun Baekhyun, I've fired four managers before and you can be the fifth one."

"..." Baekhyun held his breath and sighed, he stood up while giving the messy girl a sorry look. "Yoo Hani, I'm sorry but you are not suitable enough for this job."

"Taeyeon unnie?!" The messy hair girl named Hani yelled. "T-That's mean! Last Music Bank show, people complimented at how gorgeous you are and that your makeup is gold and who did it for you, me! Everything I've put on your face, all my effort, you can't just fired me just because of a stupid photo!"

"It's not a photo, it's photos." Taeyeon avoided her eyes as she continued to speak. "Hani, honestly only my fans complimented me like that. You know what other people say? My makeup is too heavy and it makes me look almost like the second Cheetah with tons of makeup on my face. Plus, you are not as skilled as Kwon Yuri's makeup artist, I want to find someone who is more even better than Yuri's makeup artist. You are nothing but a failure and you brought the darkest days to my life."

"...!" Hani's eyes were watering. Taeyeon's gaze was as intense as the start and still showed no sign to soften up a bit. "Baekhyun." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Let's get out of here, Hani." The boy had a sad look on his face as he pushed Hani out of the room, Hani was screaming and begging Taeyeon, Baekhyun had to call for back ups to get rid of that annoying girl. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, it felt more relaxing when she could finally get rid of that failure.

"Taeyeon unnie, but who;s going to do your makeup tonight? It's an important wedding tonight, too, it's our sunbae from SM." Seohyun sat down next to the girl with the tired look on her face. The older one sighed at Seohyun. "People always give me light makeup that make me look like a wet fish whenever I go to the wedding and you know what, I look like a better version of Topstarz pics!" She raised her voice at the end and Seohyun smiled cheepishly.

"Ah, yes, I'm aware of that... Shall we find a new makeup artist for now?"

"You don't even have to ask me about that, isn't it too obvious?"

"I mean, it's kind of hard to find personal makeup artist these days especially when you fired four people in one month."

Taeyeon tilted her head to aside and smirked. "Out of all of them, Hani's the best yet she still disappointed me." 

"But who knows? What if she could surprise you tonight?"

"She put on my normal makeup and look at my oily face and nasty skin! It's terrible now I will only gain more anti-fans." Taeyeon rubbed her head as she frowned, thinking about those pics she just saw earlier gave her this disgusting feeling. "I don't want to look like an oily fish tonight so it's also a good choice to kick her out of SM building." 

"Then who's going to do your makeup tonight?"

"Ugh, just find a new one!" She tried her best not to yell at the confused yet cute looking face of Seohyun.

"But unnie, I told you already, it's not that easy and I'm afraid people will all decline if they know they are going to work for you!"

"Are you mocking me right now? Shouldn't they feel honored to work for me?" 

"I, Um, of course of course, they should feel honored to work with you." Seohyun rubbed her chin, crap, if she said something more Taeyeon would probably kick her out of SM as well for three days. Who was she kidding, Taeyeon couldn't live without her for three days after all. "It might take a while, you could be late for the wedding, is that alright?"

"Who do you think I am?" Taeyeon flipped her hair, Seohyun felt flowers blossoming around her as she looked at the shining goddess next to her.

"K, Kim Taeyeon."

"And.. what kind of person Kim Taeyeon is?" There she went, that confident smirk on her damn beautiful face.

"A busy person whose schedule is always full." Seohyun sighed. "They will understand if you are late because they know how busy you are."

"Yet I still show up at their small wedding, it's a huge honor." Taeyeon shrugged.

"Actually, it's not small at all." This time, Seohyun shrugged. 

"Well, Hyungsoo is just an MC and model who is not even that famous! People only know him because he is from SM and because he took photoshoots with me before. Also, what kind of person would marry their manager? He's 28 and she's 34 that's such a huge ! Like their child is going to be really ugly." Taeyeon talked in a sassy tone and it felt like she was rapping, not talking anymore. Seohyun was too used to this, she chuckled lightly at the older. 

"Well, he did say that he likes younger women and that his ideal type is you, unnie."

"But he is going to get married with an older woman whose appearance looks nothing like me? Have you seen her eyebrows? Terrible."

"Unnie..." Seohyun let out another sigh, this unnie was unbelivable no matter how many times she had argured with her about something. "We will try our best to get you a makeup artist, unnie."

 

 

"GOOD AFTERNOON, SEOUL!" Yoona with her package on both of her hands, ran out of the airport and inhaled deeply. "Gosh.. the air is so fre— Coughs coughs—" A cab stopped in front of her and the smell was terrible. No, not the car's but the smoke. The air was so much more polluted than her hometown. Yoona couldn't stop coughing and she immediately got into the cab. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"Coughs coughs coughs!"

"Hurry up, we don't have much time, I have more guests than you!" The driver yelled at her angrily which made Yoona felt scared. 

"O-Ok, geez. SM Entertainment please." 

"... Oh my god???!!!" The driver gave her a frightening look, Yoona blinked. "What's wrong, ahjusshi?"

"No wonder you are so beatiful and coming out from the airport, you must be an idol or a model, a celebrity from SM Entertainment! Sorry because I was being rude to you before, to be your driver is such a honor for me, milady." The driver bowed his head and gave her a charming smile—Yoona didn't see that as a charming smile at all, she thought it was a weird smile, instead. 

"Um........" She was thinking of what to say next until the driver broke the silence and drove away like crazy.

"Ok, let's go for now!!!!!" 

 

The building was so huge, she hesitated in front of the door. Yoona was still holding her stuff, she swallowed. "Should I go inside...? What if they reject me? Oh god I don't know any other places would accept me except for this company and the salons but if mom know I work at a salon, she'll kill me!" She pouted, Yoona was about to made up her mind when she saw a group of people walked outside the door and approached her. There were two men holding a woman and another three man behind them. What is this?! Are they kidnapping her? 

"Let me go, you can't do this to me, I'm just a poor girl!" The girl cried out loud, beggind the men. 

Wha..What should I do? Wait! There's no time to be hesitated at a moment like this! "Stopppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yoona yelled as she rushed towards the mean. "Let her go or I will call the police!"

"....Excuse me, miss. Are you... lost?" One of the men gave her a confused look.

"Lost? Who? Me?" Yoona blinked and pointed at herself. "You are the one who should get lost here, you !" What she said made all the men gasped and Yoona thought she was doing  a pretty good job there. She kept the confidence and continued to speak up. "Kidnapping a girl like that, well, you are not going to sneak away from this, I'm calling the police!"

"Woah, miss, you get the wrong idea right there." A man in a security suit said. "We are not kidnapping anyone." 

"...Huh?" Yoona blinked.

"This woman has been fired yet she still doesn't want to accept the reality, that's why we have to bring her out here or else she is going to cry and her tears will clean the whole buiilding's floors." Baekhyun stepped in front of Yoona and he was cleaning his hand with a handkerchief. "Sorry for causing you troubles, miss."

Yoona blinked a few more times then looked at that girl, that was true, she was crying and she looked pretty... terrible. Yoona smiled sheepishly as she scratched her head. "Ah... I'm sorry. I, I didn't realize that."

"It's fine." Baekhyun sighed then noticed her packages. "Are you... on a vacation or something? Do you need me to call a cab and take you to your hotel?"

"Ah, no! Actually, I just moved to Seoul and I'm here to find a job."

"You are here to find a job..?" Baekhyun opened his eyes widely. "Well well! You look awfully beautiful, has anyone told you that before?"

"Yes, actually, thank you!" Yoona's face gone red, well, that guy was pretty handsome, too. Actually. 

"How old are you then?" 

"Twenty-five." 

"Wow you are so old."

"...Excuse me???" Uh, what the hell is wrong with this guy? Seoul people are such jerks! Yoona showed an uncomfortable expression on her face but the guy showed no sign of caring about that. 

"You should train at least for two to three years but who the hell would debut at the age of 27? Even though you are pretty." He sighed.

"...Debut? No, I'm not here to debut or anything."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm looking for a job and I was just wondering, are you guys still accept makeup artists?" She swallowed. 

"What?" Baekhyun suddenly grinned widely but they were interrupted by a loud scream. "NO! THEY DON'T ACCEPT MAKEUP ARTISTS ANYMORE SO YOU GO THE HOME!!" It was that girl with tears everywhere on her face yelling. "Nonsense!" Baekhyun yelled back. "Hey guards, let her out there! And you, let's get inside the building." Then he pulled Yoona inside.

After she finished the interview, they walked outside of the room.  Yoona took a deep breath and listened to whatever Baekhyun said. "Then that's decided, you are accepted." After talking about all the things in the world, he actually said something that Yoona would pay attention to.

"...Huh?" The girl blinked. She got accepted? what? For real? "T-Thank you so much! THank you, thank you!!!!" Yoona screamed and kept bowing, Baekhyun chuckled lightly at how happy the girl was. "Well then, let's go."

"...Where?" 

"Go to work!"

"But I just got accepted, don't I have to wait until tomorrow? I need to rest, too." She looked at him with confused eyes. Her mother told her so, if she got accepted then usually her job would start off on monday or at least tomorrow but in this situation, now, right away? 

"Oh dear, you have no idea how to do this job, do you?" Baekhyun smiled lightly. "Well, you are from a not-so-popular countryside so I guess that's pretty easy to guess."

"Rude." Yoona mumbled but loud enough for her to hear only.

"Listen, a celebrity has schedule all day and I guess you already understand that by now, right? And as a makeup artist, your job is to put on makeup for them, taht means you are going to do the makeup for her all day, everyday."

"I get it." Yoona spaced out for a while then she nodded. Crap, she didn't know things would work out this terrible.

"Seohyun, is Taeyeon still there?" Baekhyun was talking on his phone and Yoona could hear what the person on the phone said, too. "Yes, she is and we are choosing an outfit for tonight. She is trying out that black dress right now but I'm afraid that she wouldn't be able to show people her dress tonight."

"What? Who the hell would wear black at the wedding?! This isn't the funeral!" 

"Well then have you heard of Avril Lavinge? She did wear a black wedding dress."

"Because she is into rock n roll but Taeyeon is like no, tell her to change right now!" 

"Sometimes, wanting for attention may be a huge trouble." Baekhyun grumbled as he put his phone inside his pocket and left, leaving Yoona standing there like a lost duck. 

"So do you still want to work or quit?!" He stopped and looked back, his eyes were on fire.

"Oh, you want me to follow you? At least say something and I want to keep the job!" Yoona ran after him, her first job was about to begin.