The curse

A snow Prince

  Changmin 

The boy was shivered in frightened as he can feel whole of his body was cold and he scared. The clothes that he wear right now can’t be called as a cloth anymore as it’s torn apart and dirty. He’s been jailed in a dark place, watery and smelly. He just only eat once in a day and he can’t speak further about the taste. Even a rat can’t eat those. 

As a per day he’s been dungeon, he was thin and his bone can be seen by the people back and forth guard him. He was shivered right now because he’s in high fever until his lip was blue and his face drew pale. He look at himself as he can see his body was weak and barely move. Mama..

The Choikang cry for himself and his fate that he will be killed tomorrow by chief of knight in a palace who responsible kill the guilt people. But, what his fault until the boy aged like him be tortured first and be killed later. Choikang wipe off his tears harshly as he always remembered about his fault. 

Now, he felt cold, hungry, weak and scared. He plead to people to released him but no one have a pity on him. 

.

.
He’s been awake when he heard a step near to his place. He suddenly awoke with his pale face and hold the stain of jail. He ignored his stomach hungry and his thirsty for clear water. Why they treat him like that? He even born as a elite noble family which is rich, famous with their good looking, and people will look highly at them as respectable person. 

There is good looking man brought a tray of food and drink to the jail. The guards bowed at him as respect. “welcome sir Yunho.” The good looking man just nodded as his face remain serious from beginning. 

“open.” ordered Yunho and they opened the jail. Choikang immediately knelt in front of Yunho while pleaded on him. 

“please help me, hyung. I..I want to go back home. I..I want see mama..” Choikang pleaded as his hyung stood abruptly and look at his little brother over his shoulder. Choikang hugged Yunho’s leg tightly as he plead again. “hyung...please help me..I will do anything..anything..” his voice wavers. 

“anything?” Yunho ask flatly as his face empty. He’s not pity look at Choikang at all. He even doesn’t care. Choikang nodded his head determined. 

“just disappeared of my sight.” Choikang gasped as he released Yunho’s leg little by little. “you know what Choikang, you’re my precious brother I ever had. Your power on snow in this country are so great.” Yunho turned his body to his brother as his brother cry helplessly. “it’s rare we can gain power of snow based on our condition. I’m great actually because all my brothers got different element.” 

Yunho creates a small fire on his left hand while smirk. Choikang was fear and hugged his own body frightened. “I’m proud when the people call us Gods of hand.” Yunho faded his fire on his fist and look at Choikang immediately. 

“this is about your careless towards our enemy! You let him possessed you and you KILL OUR MOTHER!” 

The reality snap Choikang and his eyes widened. He shook his head while crying. “No.. Please hyung..I didn’t know at all that he is our enemy. I never had intention let him possessed in me. Please hyung..” 

“You have to sacrifice yourself, Choikang. This is your own fault let our mother die in suffer.” Yunho said firmly and he stepped out from the jail. He signaling the guards closed back the jail and went out. 

Choikang call his brother back as his brother never turn his head for him. Never smile beautifully for him again. Only he can do shout his brother’s name. “Yunho hyung!” 

He cornered himself as he remembered little by little the occasion. When he approached a black flower called Camelya and a good looking man with joked face appeared. He introduced himself as Jongkook. He never knew Jongkook is their tradition enemy as he take a grudge when their father marry his lover. Yes, it’s their mother; Eun Hye. 

Since ago, Jongkook ever occur a mess and chaos but they can handle and dealt with it. Now, Jongkook possessed their precious white element and make him guilty with his sins even though he’s not. Jongkook was trapped in Camelya again when their father; Jinwoon spelled him back forever. 

He was possessed and they’re believed he had dark of heart on his white element after he killed his own mother with his bare hand. So, they take decision to kill him before the darkness within his heart growth purely until mix with his feeling. Their father, Jinwoon give a date and time to give a wizard to kill his last son with his will. 

Choikang backwards when the wizard with big axe colored gold as the fire continued attack Choikang when he aim on him. Sir Majest Tysoo, he’s a chief of knight with his wizard element try to lure the boy into his fire. Choikang used his ice element to froze the place and make the army of knights hard to tackle him down and caught him but he’s weird with his own element when the ice should be white. The ice he emitted from his palm is black. He shock as he look at his small palm. 

“you shock right?” ask the Majest Tysoo with smirk. He grinned as he stepped near Choikang who confused with himself. 

“you was possessed and he leave something on your body as thanks.” Choikang sobbed as he sat on the ground with sprinkle of black ice. Sir Majest Tysoo rising up his axe high to the boy as the fire anger emitted from his axe. “you has black element while you has snow element. Tch, you should be proud because the wizard like us hard to find black element to add to our power.” 

His hyungdeul, cannot watch the ritual and they’re went away. He try to call one of them to save him but he was so scared right now!. He saw his father stepped forward and stared him with empty eyes and soul. 

“you know right kid, the black element are not allowed in this world! So, you should diminished right now!” Sir Majest Tysoo aim his axe to Choikang. 

Suddenly, the glimpse of white shadow appeared take Choikang from their sight. They’re shocked when they’re see The Great Snow Princess; Sooyong in their sight. They believed The Great Snow is a leader of snow element and they’re respect her truthfully when she showed herself on front of them. 

“G-great..S-snow..” Sir Majest uttered shock as he knelt respectfully. All of them knelt down as no one not dared faced The Great Snow Princess. 

“Cruel.” she uttered one word with furious expression. The Great Snow Princess look at the boy who hurt on his body and he even can’t breath controlably. The Great Snow Princess or Sooyong, place Choikang on her lap while her eyes closed cured the poor boy. 

“what Your Highness want?” asked Jinwoon stepped in front as his face not dared faced The Great Snow Princess. 

“why don’t you look at my face and speak.” Sooyong said firmly. Her face was mad and smudge with red from anger. Jinwoon not speak as he look away and gritted his teeth silently. 

“how could all of you?! He is an innocent soul and you try to take away his life!” she snapped and all of them was scared. The Great Snow is a gentle person and never angry of they meet her to ask for help. She will try give out her strength to help any people but nobody can’t imagine how she’s angry. 

“he is my heir!” 

All f them gasped shocked and lookat each other. Jinwoon also shocked and look at The Great Snow slowly. “he..he has purest black..element, Your Highness.” Sir Majest Tysoo said stuttered. 

“I’m about to announce my heir of my element. I know what he had but my element choose him!” 

“he-he’s too young..and..we can’t allowed the black element in ours.” one of them speak and Sooyong glared. 

“So, all of you kill him because the black element?! Tch, such ignorant people.” Sooyong mocked him. She lifted up Choikang on her embraced and look at all of them furiously. “As a will from you, Jinwoon-sshi., I will make you lost your own son. I will not take any heir anymore beside Choikang ready for himself. I given up my element and never returned back to this world!” they was shocked and they’re start blabbered about shock declare from Sooyong. “I swear..this world will never has a snow until the right heir stepped back to this world again.”

“Your Highness..” they’re tried to discuss with Sooyong but she doesn’t want to hear. 

“Choikang himself will disappear forever. Now, the world with element will disappear!” The Great Snow Princess declared and they’re shocked again. 

“Choikang will never return back!” 

.

.
Choikang see himself with ice mirror belong to Sooyong. The Great Snow Princess own the ice castle for himself. He had scar on his forehead over the possession occasion that day and he guarantee the scar will never disappear. 

“Choikang, I have something to say.” Sooyong call for him and Choikang walk to Sooyong politely. He knelt in front of Sooyong as Sooyong sat on the ice chair. She his hair and kissed his scar. 

“Now, all my power into you, Choikang. My element choose you since you were born and I can’t denied what they’re choose for their master.” Choikang nodded understandingly. “they’re never appreciate snow as they let harm you and you nearly killed.” 

Choikang just silent as his head hung low. “But I never hold grudges but I want they’re learn to appreciate things including you. They lost snow season for this world when you’re not step anymore this world.” 

“where should I go, Your Highness?” Choikang asked as he’s afraid.

“don’t worry my prince, I already set up all of your journey to that world.” Sooyong answered while Choikang’s hair gently. She’s like a figure of mother of this world. 

“I will never see papa..mama..hyungdeul?” Sooyong nodded her head as the words are true. 

“they never find you.” 

“I’m not telling goodbye to Siwon, Sunny and Donghae yet.” Choikang pouted cutely and Sooyong released a giggled. 

“I’m sure they can wait, dear.” 

.

.

continue